74 Having to Separate Again
197 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shangguan Yu couldn’t help but laugh at that. He playfully patted his husband’s chest and shook his head. "What a pity then that we will already have to say goodbye again."

Ao Jing’s expression fell, the disappointment in his features more than obvious. "Do you already have to get off again?" He couldn’t have driven that slowly, could he? Anyway, it had still been a long day. He could somewhat understand if Shangguan Yu was tired even though he himself was eager to spend more time with him.

Shangguan Yu just laughed though. "What are you even thinking about? I’m talking about the game! Did you forget what we were doing yesterday? I’m afraid my husband still hasn’t managed to clear my name so we’ll have to separate for the time being until that’s done."

Ao Jing looked at him and then turned to glance around them, noticing that they were still on top of the roof of one of the buildings in the Mo family’s estate. It felt a little unreal after their date today.

Ao Jing sighed and then grabbed Shangguan Yu’s hand, pulling him closer. "How about we just ignore the task for now and go and do something else? I really don’t feel up to it today."

Shangguan Yu pursed his lips. "You really just want to leave it be? You do realize that whenever we happen upon somebody of the Liangqiu family or one of that merchant Wang’s people, they might just attack me, don’t you?"

Ao Jing smiled wryly. Right, that was indeed the case. "I guess I have no choice then?" He wasn’t happy about it though. He could be honest with that.

Shangguan Yu reached out and put his hands on his shoulders, giving him a long look. "Don’t think that I can’t understand how you feel. I’d also rather we were able to play together. But I still think it would be best to finish the quest first and then focus on ourselves again after that. Anyway, I think we can finish this up rather quickly."

Ao Jing wasn’t too sure about that so he gave him a doubtful look. "Why? Do you have an idea?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Since you’re going to go through the whole town in the carriage, you’re bound to pass by that merchant Wang’s estate. I’ll go there and drag that servant out so that you’ll definitely see him. Then, Liangqiu Min’s brother will definitely realize that something is up with that merchant. At that time, I can go and get Liangqiu Min to come here himself so that his brother will know that he isn’t dead."

Ao Jing pondered for a moment and then nodded. "It’s definitely a good idea. Since Zhou Ming is there as well, you can text him when you arrive at the Wang family’s estate. Since everybody saw that he is quite eccentric, texting you back shouldn’t be a problem for him."

Shangguan Yu laughed at that. "Yeah, anyway, even if they hadn’t seen that before, I don’t think he would mind being seen as a weirdo by some NPCs. He’s never taken the game that seriously. Then, are we going to do it this way?"

Ao Jing’s expression was still a little hesitant. "I think it’s a good idea to draw the servant out and make Liangqiu Huang question things that way. I’m not quite sure about bringing his brother over immediately though. That might be too early. After all, Liangqiu Min himself also only has our word for what has transpired before. Who knows how he will react in the actual situation when he’s back? If we can prove to him that your story is really true, then that would be great but if we can’t, then I’d rather not risk it."

"Then what should we do?"

Ao Jing pondered for a moment but then just shook his head. "I’d say we first proceed with your plan until there and then see how Liangqiu Huang reacts. Maybe he will propose some further measures himself. That would certainly be for the best."

Shangguan Yu would’ve liked to plan a bit more but finally could only nod. Anyway, they really didn’t know what would happen. It was better to plan accordingly when it was time. "Then I will leave the house of the Wang family after I make sure that you have met the servant. In case that Liangqiu Huang charges in there, it wouldn’t do for him to find me or he might think there’s some plot going on in the background."

Ao Jing nodded and then leaned over, lightly pecking his cheek. "Alright, let’s do it like that then. I’ll better hurry up now. Hopefully, this quest will be over soon."

Shangguan Yu smiled and cupped his cheek, giving him a short kiss on the lips. "Anyway, even if we don’t finish today, we might be able to do so tomorrow evening. And since we’ll see each other over the day, you won’t have to be without me for too long."

Ao Jing nodded and then got up, rushing over to the entrance of the Mo family’s estate. Even though what Shangguan Yu had said was true, he still wanted to get this over with as fast as he could. After all, while they would see each other again tomorrow, what about the day after that? He only had the weekend off so after this, there were five days where they could only see each other online. He really didn’t have to wait that long to be able to spend time one-on-one with Shangguan Yu again.

So, if they managed to finish this today, that would be for the best. And after that, he would definitely make sure that they didn’t get roped into this kind of quest again. That just wasn’t worth it.

8