Chapter 3: fear and hunger
284 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     After days of walking the woman arrives at the edge of a mountain. A mountain surrounded by a forest so thick that it goes for miles and so tall it dwarfs the sky itself. Waterfalls flow off the side and strange stone giants are attached to its surface. Noticing this she strangely does not fear them and so she walks into the forest that surrounds it. After another hour of walking she realizes that she had not eaten a single thing since she arrived to this world and her stomach suddenly starts to gurgle and growl. Bending over in pain she starts looking for anything to eat, when she notices a mushroom in the shape of a brain, thus she takes a bite but realizes moments later that it was poisonous.

     Crying in pain and agony she falls over and passes out from hunger and exhaustion. After a week of sleep she awakens to find herself in a log cabin. "Where am i" she ponders, looking around the room to see a lit fireplace with a pot of something cooking in the flames. She strangely cannot smell what is cooking and a man opens the door. The man was wearing a simple pair of overalls, work boots, dirty gloves and a pointy hat. "Ah I see you've come to!" The man exclaims. "I discovered you passed out in the forest and decided to bring you here to my home". "The names Darrel, Darrel Canyon. "May I know what your name is Lass?". Thus the women replies with a weak reply, "Thank you for saving me, if you had not found me I would have likely died. My name is Petunia Hatchett".

     After pondering for a few seconds Darrel asks "Why were you in the middle of these woods?, don't you know most plants here are poisonous when raw? Plus the animals here are massive and ferocious! It is suicide to walk through them without some form of protection" Darrel asks". "No I did not know that, I have been traveling for days with no food or clothes. I have no idea where I am and thought I could scavenge something to eat in the woods around her." After telling him this Darrel decides to help her to some food thus he gets a pair of bowls out from the table in the room and opens the pot lid. A pot of meat and vegetables being cooked in milk. 

     "Here you are lass, a bowl of my famous blue Forest stew, eat up before it gets cold". The man takes his big wooden ladle and scooped the beautiful golden soup into a wooden bowl and hands it to Petunia. Petunia obliges by takes the bowl of odorless stew into her shaking hands and takes a bite. After a minute of chewing she swallows and suddenly her whole body begins burning and convulsing as if she swallowed a bucket of chili pepper sauce. Out of retaliation and pain her body forces her out of the bed, vomiting acidic stomach fluid and bile onto the floor. Darrel noticed this and within seconds rushed to her side in order to find out what was happening, only to be latched onto by Petunia with bile covered hands. Struggling with each other, Darrel shoved her off of himself resulting in getting splashed with a glob of stomach acid.

     "OH DEAR GODS IT HURTS!!!" Darrel screams, not having noticed the floorboards melting where Petunia's stomach acid had splashed as she stammered. With a thud, the man falls onto the floor. Acid had eaten straight through his skin and flesh, causing him to die an especially painful and agonizing death. "Urrrrgggh no... *Cough*, why?!" with a confused question Petunia stood there above his body, unable to control herself and splashing puddles of stomach acid everywhere. 

     After an hour of vomiting everywhere and onto herself, Petunia stopped vomiting and began to feel incredibly hungry. So hungry that she stared down at Darrel's half melted corpse with gluttonous eyes. Her stomach growling uncontrollably, the cabin walls and floors hissing, sizzling and melting around her and the clothes on her skin falling apart thread by thread, She bends down and takes a bite.

 

Yet another one updated to be at least a bit longer. I thought this would increase the horror factor. Maybe we will one day figure out what caused this event in the first place...

11