Chapter 5: Burial and Hunt
311 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     As Petunia drags Darrel's mangled corpse out the door, she has to squeeze herself through the doorframe due to the size of her new lower body. For a moment she has trouble but with a little Oomph she gets manages to squeeze through. As she moves,  Darrel's blood gets pulled along with him, leaving a streak of red behind as she goes. She pulls him out behind his cabin and begins trying to dig a grave, only for her to take a long time since she had very recently just gained the strength to even stand up. After many intervals of digging and resting Petunia finally digs the grave deep enough to where animals should not be able to dig up his body.

     With a (*THUMP*) she drops Darrel's body into the hole and covers the hole back up. After she finished, she made a ceremonial tower of rocks on top of the grave to thank him for his help even though she was the reason he was dead. With a quick thank you and placing of a few flowers, she then gets up and once again continues her journey. However she has no idea where to go next and decides before she leaves the forest to hunt for some food.

     As she decides this her stomach growls in agreement, at the same time the loose skin on her belly jiggles slightly from the vibration. Petunia then starts moving around the forest looking for something to eat. As she goes along her path she picks different fruits, berries and nuts to go along with her meal. Soon she reaches a clearing in the trees where she sees a family of strange creatures she has never seen before. These creatures take on the appearance of people with snake like features. The first is the adult looking male of the group, his lower body it that of a blue scaled snake, while his upper body is that of a person covered in a strange ornamental bone armor, wielding a makeshift spear and having a head full of cobras instead of hair. The adult female by him was extremely similar to her male counterpart however her scales were instead black and was wearing a simple black bra with a head full of black mambas as hair instead. She was picking a few handfuls of berries off of a bush. Then there was they're child, it was a small child that looked barely over the age of five. With grey scales and a head full of baby black pythons. 

     They all seemed to be having a happy and peaceful time together so petunia decided to leave them along and go in a different direction. After an hour of searching she finally comes crossed something to eat. A boar with tusks that arched and coiled around its head like a mountain goat. When the creature noticed her it began running away with a squeal that sounded like a mix between a dying rat and a child that dropped its ice cream. Petunia then began chasing after the beast. After a long chase the creature accidentally cornered itself. Petunia then decided to test her new body. As she approached the boar she raised up one of her front legs and pierced the boar's skull with with it. Her legs were incredibly pointed and had a bladed edge to the ends almost like a combat knife. This allowed her leg not just to pierce it but gouge the creatures brain as it went it. In the end the boar died instantly and she picked its body up and placed it on her carapace for easier transport since she had a bunch of fruits, berries and nuts in one of her arms.

     Petunia then walked around and found a nice spot under a big tree to cook her meal. As she started preparing Petunia sat the dead boar down and broke a few big leaves off a branch to place her other foodstuffs. After 10 minutes of prep she finishes building a fire and begins carving the boar she caught. Starting off she once again uses her front legs to carve the boar. Beginning with skinning she slowly cuts around the boars body in order to not damage it too much. After another hour of cutting she finished skinning and gutting, leaving only the meat to be cut and cooked. She looks at the choices of meat and decides to cut a chunk of rib off.

     With the placement of a flat rock by the fire she places the ribs down and waits for them to cook. "*Sigh* if only I had some salt and barbecue sauce this would be great." Petunia laments. After waiting a short while and a few flip the chunk of rib is done. Petunia then gathers all of her meal and hunkers down to eat. Strangely enough as she tears the rib meat off the bone with her teeth she breaks pieces of bone off along with the meat with ease! She realizes this and ends up eating the bones with the meat and manages to finish the entire chunk, bones and all! As Petunia finishes her meal she wipes her mouth with a leaf and eat the other foods she collected. With her meal done she checks her mouth for broken teeth since she thought it was not normal to be able to eat whole bones. She find out that in fact many of her teeth were replaced with sharp fangs and her canines were longer and pointier then they used to be. she pokes one of her canines and a viscous fluid squirts out onto the grass in front of her, now realizing that she gain more than just a spiders carapace.

     With her thoughts over she suddenly hears rustling in the foliage near her, being startled she gets up and prepares herself to either fight or flee then suddenly...

10