Vol. 1 Ch. 10: Preparations
3.6k 21 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lady doctor's gaze bothered Ethan. He still allowed her to examine his body. The pain in the left side of his ribs agitated him. Some painkillers might let him recover since people with high Vitality tend to recover quicker, or so the Litrpg novels had taught him.

"Woman, stop your hand!"

The lady pulled up her hand heading down to his crotch. "S-Sorry."

His eyes turned dead at her blushing face.

Fuck… Charm ability is too strong and it's only Rank 1 from the (I) part. What will happen at Rank 2 or further? I won't be able to go out, or the women on the streets will kidnap me.

He shuddered at the thought.

First, he had to solve his problems with Mio. If his sister ever wanted to date him, he needed her name out of his family register. Andrew could do it in a minute.

I can't chicken out of my own promise.

As for Celia, he had no idea. He had asked her to wait based on an impulse. The thing was he didn't want to see her with someone else. He couldn't do it. The feeling was new and foreign but he felt like he should do something for her and make her happy.

So much for calling Andrew unfaithful…

You gained a new Aspect for embracing your desires: Affection (I)

This Aspect will remain locked until you reach Level 2.

Wow, this even works here… I should start grinding for any Aspect I can think of...

He wrapped himself in a white blanket after the doctor finished her inspection.

"You have multiple injuries, some might be deep enough to affect your internals. I recommend a thorough examination at a hospital."

Breaking the longest jump record had its consequences.

"Can't you bring that stuff here? You want him to go there in this condition."

Celia was overbearing today.

"Celia, that's fine. I will get checked after some rest."

The doctor nodded gratefully and walked out of the room. Celia followed her.

Mio crept closer and hugged him. "Onii-sama, we should do something about the fact that you went to another world."

He draped one arm around Mio's waist and brushed her silky hair with the other. Doing this made his chest giddy.

"Don't worry. I will prepare for everything."

"If Onii-sama says."

"Mio, do you like me?"

Mio craned her neck to look up. Ethan's heart raced from her radiant smile.

"Of course I like Onii-sama."

She is a saint…

Lost in her smile, he forgot the thing on his mind.

Celia returned after throwing out the perverted doctor. "I will buy the prescribed meds. Mio, don't try anything stupid, okay?"

These two will always fight…

Ethan waved his hand. "Thanks for your hard work."

Celia licked her lips. "It's nothing, darling. You will see how devoted I am in the future."

"Pretentious bitch."

Mio's whisper prompted him to shake his head.

Celia went out again. "I will lock the door from outside." Her voice echoed in the house.

"Onii-sama, she is an idiot."

"..."

She pushed him down on the bed and closed the lights. "Let's sleep!"

"Sure. I don't feel like going to school today."

"I wouldn't let you even if you wanted. We don't want women attacking our home."

He couldn't deny her and shut his eyes. The entire day of running around had exhausted him, both physically and mentally.

—x—x—x—

Ethan's eyelids unfolded after a long sleep. Celia and Mio slept hugging his arms, restricting his movements.

They are pushing my limits.

He broke his arms free and stretched. The pain had completely vanished. His body brimmed with energy.

His HP also showed 230.

Nice.

He snuck out of the bed and glanced at the clock.

2 PM, huh. I have 10 hours if the magic summons me again. I have a lot to do. First is a shower!

A quick shower later, he discovered Mio dancing in the kitchen.

"Onii-sama, Mio's special lunch will be ready in a minute~."

Celia also entered the room and slapped Ethan's back. "Don't put anything weird in it."

Mio turned around with a sneer on her face. "You can cook in my place... Wait, a certain rich spoiled lady knows shit about cooking."

"Shut up!" Celia growled, with hot blush.

Ethan chuckled and sat down. His eyes went to Celia and an idea popped in his head.

"Scan."

Celia Densford

Level 1

Prana available - 0

Parameters:

Health - 90/90

Stamina - 78/80

Will Power - 90/90

Strength - 7

Vitality - 9

Endurance - 8

Agility - 8

Intelligence - 10

Wisdom - 8

Emotions towards you: Insufficient skill rank.

Current thoughts about you: Insufficient skill rank.

Skills:

Insufficient skill rank.

Aspects:

Insufficient skill rank.

She was weak compared to his stats. He got another insight into the parameters. The average of Intelligence and Wisdom multiplied with ten made up the Willpower.

The locked features are a severe invasion of privacy.

The inherent skill was overpowered. But how did he inherit it anyway? Mother? Father? One of them could be related to the other world since Phoenix said the person who summoned means no harm. His suspicion went to his mother, who mysteriously vanished.

Phoenix definitely knew the answer.

He scanned Mio this time.

Mio Emerson

Level 1

Prana available - 0

Parameters:

Health - 90/90

Stamina - 78/80

Will Power - 80/80

Strength - 10

Vitality - 11

Endurance - 10

Agility - 12

Intelligence - 9

Wisdom - 7

Emotions towards you: Insufficient skill rank.

...

Mio's physical strength surpassed Celia's.

Celia sat calmly, not showing any interest in the status windows. An RPG geek like her would have jumped at the status windows.

So that's how it works.

If he wanted to show it then others will be able to see, otherwise they will remain hidden.

Celia grabbed the chair beside him. "Darling, I ordered my maid to bring my stuff here. I will stay with you until we solve this problem, maybe even after that."

"And your family agreed to that?"

Her family was rather unique. Her father loved her dearly. However, his legs wobbled before his fierce wife, Celia's mother, the current leader of Densford Family.

Celia's eyes turned cold. "The hag tried to stop me but I ignored her."

"I don't mind actually. Just don't sneak into my room again."

"Can't promise that." She pointed at Mio coming with dishes. "You need to stop her first."

Ethan only shook his head in resignation. Leaping across the magma river was easier than denying Mio.

The lunch event passed with the two girls throwing random insults at each other. However, they seemed closer than the last time.

Ethan walked to the balcony and called Andrew.

Andrew answered instantaneously, "Why the fuck did you miss class? Celia is also not present today. Are you two having fun over there?"

Ethan touched his forehead. "I need help."

"What now?"

"Buy me some tactical knives, a solid axe, a crossbow, and any weapon that doesn't make much noise. I need them by evening."

"Woah, stop right there buddy. You are robbing a bank without me?"

"Andrew, please. I am serious."

"Tell me, who is bothering you? I will make sure they don't ever walk in this world."

"Nobody. I need them for something else."

"Fine, I will arrange everything by the evening."

Ethan let out a relieved sigh. "Thanks, man. You are always there to help me."

Andrew laughed out loud. A female screamed in the background, most likely the teacher. "I love you too."

Ethan also chuckled. "Freaking homo."

"Drag your butt over here tomorrow and give the details about your first night with Miss Densford."

"I will, after I fuck her that is."

This should shut him up for some time.

"Hooo, my man got a backbone."

Ethan ended the call and shook his head.

It was hard to imagine this guy used to pursue Mio until she slapped his face with her foot. From feeling sympathy for him to becoming best friends—life was indeed one strange cycle.

Favorite this chapter if you liked it!

 
 
 
131