Horrors of war
738 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day. This morning on my run, I noticed a merchant caravan carrying a small child with silver hair and distinctly red eyes. The last survivor of the Chinoike Clan. That means the civil war had ended last night. It's time for me to reap some gains.

 I saw Hidan talking to them, his eyes lighting up with curiosity. He was definitely going to the valley today. Well then, it's go time baby!

I packed my glass container and amniotic fluid bag in a pencil sized scroll, as I followed Hidan on his way to the valley. It was surprisingly far from the town. Two hours of running, climbing and not a few bouts of shunshin later, a valley tinged red in blood came into view. Hidan sat down for a break while I circled around to the scene of the massacre.

 You might have heard that war is brutal but it takes seeing it in person to realise it's true horror. You don't hear about people  shitting and pissing themselves. Honestly though the smell is the worst part. Imagine the smell of faeces and piss mixed with vomit and rotting flesh all wafting into the air led by giant vents of steam. Just plain horrible. I will be the first to admit,  I had emptied out the contents of my stomach onto the valley floor. But that wasn't all. The corpses, oh the corpses!

 Worse still are the increasingly gruesome ways in which these people were killed. Some were impaled by spikes made of blood. Others yet, were smashed onto the rocky outcrops in the valley, their entrails hanging from their waists like fanny packs. Some were beheaded, others dismembered completely.

 Finding one with intact eyes was a chore but ultimately, after a few minutes of searching I found a young boy my age with 1 intact eye. Forming a chakra scalpel, I gently carved  out the eye and gingerly placed it into the container, filling it with amniotic fluid. Then, placing it within an enclosing seal, I returned to where Hidan was resting.

  As I slid down the valleys entrance I heard Hidan's voice behind me. "Come out. You can't hide from me, you twerp."

12