Chapter 18- Choices (Rewrite)
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly came to and looked around, I was laying on a bed and Anna was laying next to me. Atreus was sitting in a nearby chair sleeping as well. All the pain was gone, but it felt like I hadn't eaten in a couple of days. Several notifications were awaiting me but I ignored them for now, I felt like standing and stretching so I slowly crawled out from Anna and stood as quietly as I could and froze as I looked at myself in a nearby mirror.

My skin tone had darkened, almost like I had spent a lot of time under the sun tanning. While I didn't have any horns, my eyes had changed and had taken on a more cat-like appearance, slitted, but was still a mix of colors. I quickly checked my ass but didn't have a tail, not yet at least, and from what Spot had hinted my transformation was not yet complete.

I touched Atreus on the arm and he jerked awake but frozen as he spotted me up and about. "Let's take a walk, I am certain you have questions and so do I," I whispered as I headed for the door, the Harbinger looked at Anna then followed after me.

Once we were outside the inn we started slowly walking towards the large dominating obsidian tower. "Want to tell me what in the Abyss is going on? Your slaves were very quiet on the subject but stressed that I should be here when you woke, that you had learned something that could have major ramifications for all Planes. So want to enlighten me?" Atreus asked.

"I am going to answer that question once, so grab someone with authority from the Tower, someone you trust no matter what, and take us to a place that is secure that we can talk," I told him and Atreus took in the seriousness of my face and voice and nodded as he led me deeper into the city, away from the college and towards the poorer sections.

"We are going to a little inn called the Bent Penny, it is the front for the local Thieves Guild, you will talk to Gellfore, me, and another Demon I trust. Her name is Nancy, do not try any of your Incubus tricks on her, she is part Fury Demon and is both immune to your gifts and it would just pick a fight with her. Ok?" Atreus asked as we walked towards a particular building.

"How long was I out?" I asked the other Demon and he frowned.

"Your natural evolution was forced, it hasn't happened in centuries that I am aware of and you nearly died because of it. You were out for two days and before you ask, no you didn't fail your Quest I issued you, you managed to turn in the head of Eldred Shadow-Fire before you passed out for good. You are my apprentice, but I have no idea what good that will do you." Atreus responded as we entered the quaint inn.

"Sit down, I will order us some breakfast." the Harbinger told me as I moved to a table and sat down as I reviewed my notifications.

<<<>>>

Quest Alert: A Templar's Test

Notice: Despite losing the element of surprise and facing more powerful enemies, you managed to defeat the Forsaken located within the Black Hills and returned to Atreus DuCall with the head of Eldred Shadow-Fire as proof of your deeds. However, your fight left you with more questions than answers and only time will tell what the effects of your actions have caused. You have received 15,000 Experience, Class Specialization Shadowmancer Unlocked (Permanent), Class Skill Tree Shadowmancer Unlocked (Permanent), and Dark Templar's Vambraces.

<<<>>>

Quest Alert: Unlikely Ally

Notice: Upon your investigation of the Forsaken Enclave, you located an ancient being known as Spot, Warden and Gatekeeper of the Underworld, First of the Cerberus, servant, and friend of Hades, Lord of the Underworld. You managed to form a temporary alliance with the ancient being and it's probably the only reason why you were able to survive the fight with the Forsaken. In return for your assistance, Spot forced your evolution to continue and the next step in harnessing the dormant power within your blood has been unlocked for you. You have received 10,000 Experience, your Reputation with Spot has increased to Honored, your Reputation with Hades has increased to Friendly, and Forced Evolution.

<<<>>>

Quest Alert: Choices and Consequences

Description: Talk to your new mentor Atreus DuCall and the Dark Templar Gellfore about everything you discovered on the Seals and how the Forsaken is compromising them. 

Quest Class: Quest Chain; Personal

Quest Difficulty: Unknown

Success: Talk to Atreus DuCall and the Dark Templar Gellfore about the Seal and what Spot told you about the Seals to the prison of the Netherworld.

Failure: Do not talk to Atreus DuCall and the Dark Templar Gellfore or lose the Seal. If you fail this Quest, your Reputation with the Demon Grounds will lower to Unfriendly.

Rewards: Unknown

Note* This quest is mandatory as you received the Seal and retain ownership.

<<<>>>

3 X Level up!

You have (50) unassigned Attribute Points. Attribute Points can be assigned at any time.

You have (7) unassigned Skill Points. Skill Points can be assigned at any time.

<<<>>>

Notice: You have continued to evolve and your Racial Skills and Abilities have changed to reflect this. As you are a Demon, and one with the Blood that has been awoken in you, this is a part of your life and only time will tell what you will ultimately become. 

Racial Rank: Demon
Ability Type: Passive
Description: You are a Demon and Mortal Hybrid, descendent from the original spawn of the Full Blood Demons before they were locked away in the Netherworld and Tartarus. While they might be gone, you still remain and you have ascended and embraced your Demonic heritage. Only time will tell what you will become and what you are capable of. 
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: 20% Vulnerability to Light Damage (Cannot be negated with Intelligence)
Effect 2: +20% Resistance to Mental, Shadow, and Fire Damage.
Effect 3: +10% Health and Stamina Regeneration
AoE: N/A
Range: N/A
Duration: N/A
Cast Time: N/A
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Racial Ability Name: Demonic Combat Form
Racial Ability Type: Active
Description: You have survived and become strong enough to embrace the strength that flows through your veins, for you are one of the Blood and only time will tell the limits of your strength. 
Damage: N/A
Restriction: Must have 10% Health or above.
Effect 1: +20% Resistance to Mental, Shadow, and Fire Damage.
Effect 2: +5% to all other Resistances.
Effect 3: +5% Resistance to Blunt, Piercing, and Slashing Damage.
Effect 4: Increase Armor and Health Regeneration by 10%.
Effect 5: Increase Attack/Movement Speed by 10%. 
Effect 6: Increase Damage by 10%.
AoE: N/A
Range: Self
Duration: 15 Minutes
Cast Time: Instant
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: 1 Hour

Racial Ability Name: Demonic Rage
Racial Ability Type: Active
Description: You have learned to embrace your Demonic nature and harnessed your Demonic Rage so that you can use it in combat to throw off the effects that would hamper you and deal increased damage to your foes.
Damage: N/A
Restriction: Demonic Combat Form must be Active.
Effect 1: Break any Movement Impairing, Stun, Mental, or Disorientation effects.
Effect 2: Immunity to any Movement Impairing, Stun, Mental, or Disorientation effects.
Effect 3: +10% Critical Hit Chance
Effect 4: +25% Critical Hit Damage
AoE: N/A
Range: Self
Duration: 15 Seconds
Cast Time: Instant
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: 2 Minutes

Racial Ability Name: Aura of Demonic Terror
Racial Ability Type: Active
Description: You have unlocked your hidden Demonic blood and embraced being one of the Blood or Elder Demon. Unleash a portion of that power and watch as your enemies scatter before you. 
Damage: N/A
Restriction: Demonic Combat Form must be active.
Effect 1: 50% Chance nearby enemies will suffer Fear Debuff and flee from your presence and will even attack their allies in their bid to get away from you. (Duration 30 Seconds)
Effect 2: 25% Chance nearby enemies will suffer Terror Debuff taking 20% more damage from all sources. (Duration 10 Seconds)
AoE: 5Yards
Range: Self
Duration: 60 Seconds
Cast Time: Instant
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: 5 Minutes

Note* Although you have evolved, your Racial Skills and Abilities will continue to grow and change as you do as well. 

<<<>>>

I read everything carefully, especially everything about my new Racial Abilities. Apparently, Spot had seen something in me and had unlocked my dormant potential. Suddenly Atreus placed a pair of intricately designed vambraces down on the table in front of me. "You earned those. I didn't expect you to succeed, consider those both an apology and congratulations on completing the Quest I gave you." the other man stated as I brought up the information on them.

<<<>>>

Armor Name: Dark Templar's Vambraces
Armor Type: Medium Armor; Shadow Steel, Black Diamond, Silver, Wristguards
Class: Ancient Artifact
Base Defense: 30
Primary Effects...
--- Increase Dexterity by (Character Level X 0.5)
--- Increase Spirit by (Character Level X 0.5)
--- +5% Attack Speed
--- +5% Parry
Secondary Effects...
--- +10% Damage with Shadow Bolt, Shadow Strike, and Shadow Flames
--- +25% Critical Hit Damage
--- Class Restricted: Shadowmancer

<<<>>>

"Thanks," I told him as a stout woman joined us at the table, ignoring Atreus while eyeing me from my boots, my new segmented armor, and the hammer riding my hip as I donned the new armor.

"Atreus, you know I don't play with Incubi, why did you bring this boy here." the woman I assumed was Nancy stated as she sneered at me.

I moved my hand instinctively, grabbing her hand and holding it in place as she tried to move it. "Pull that dagger little Fury and I will make you eat it before I break you to my will. Keep the peace and by my blood, so will I, agreed?" I asked her causing her to freeze in surprise as she released her dagger and relaxed as she looked at Atreus.

"Of course Elder, my apologies about the boy comment." she hastily responded and I snorted in response as I relaxed.

"Oh, you are not far off on the comment. I assume you are Nancy?' I asked her and she nodded as Dark Templar Gellfore entered the small inn as he looked around and spotted us as he walked over. 'Do you vouch for everyone here? Know anything I reveal could place them all in mortal danger, if not from me but others as well." I asked her as she grimaced as she stood.

"Franks, we are going to the Warded room, send the food up when it is ready, follow me, gentlemen," she called over her shoulder as she walked towards one of the backdoors, we all followed after her.

1