Why you shouldn’t let lust take over
156 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayame has been sat on the table for a while her eyes darted to and fro searching for a familiar silhouette. She had her eyes fixed towards the door absentmindedly fingering the thin dry pages of her book. 

He's late.

She glanced at the large clock stationed at a centre wall  above the librarian desk. She couldn't help but bury her face in her hands with worry. Her brows and forehead creased with distress. All throughout this week she has been kicking herself for being such an idiot. Even now she still does not know what came over her. She somehow got carried away and assaulted him.

She even got shouted at by her boss for messing up at work this week. Her usual immaculate perfect documentation was in complete disarray riddled with mistakes. Her mind was unfocused as she kept repeating  the memory of her embarrassing actions. She was hoping he would be here.. so she could apologise.. or at least clarify things. 

This wasn't how it was suppose to go. So how did it all go so wrong?..She groaned pinching the bridge of her nose. She would wait for him.. if only she knows where he lives, she would go there with no hesitation. Who is she kidding?.. She doesn't even know his name. It's quite pathetic really.. she breath out a hollow self-deprecating laugh, and hang her head glumly. Her soft bangs hitting her slightly on her forehead.

She laid her cheeks against the cool surface of the wooden table. She traced  the mesmerising grain of the wood using her fingers. She stared absentmindedly at the lights reflected on the shiny surface of the table.

How long has she been here waiting? It might only be a few hours but to her it felt like centuries. She did not even have the strength to glance at the clock. Her stomach churned spurned by her increasing anxiety.

A shadow fell over her. The reflection on the table showed the young man she had been pining on for the last year. Hesitantly she sat up, her eyes cast down nervous about meeting his gaze. Ayame wondered what he would say.. what she should say?

He stood there, his eyes cast aside. He rub his arm with his hand uneasily. Somehow against all odds, he came here. Silence and awkward energy buzz the room alight. 

She should say something.. she tried opening her mouth but somehow words just get stuck in her throat and all that leaves is just strangled air.

Luce was now anxious, well he has always had bad case of anxiety but this situation.. this awkward nerve wracking situation has made it even worse. He wondered whether he should leave. She 's not even looking at him and instead opted to just staring at the table, her hands fidgeting against each other.

He sigh hanging his head low as he turned on his heels and preparing to leave. The sound of chair moving back screeching against the wooden laminated floor made him pause yet he did not stop. Only when he felt a soft dainty hand grab hold the hem of shirt did he freeze. All movement halted even his breathing felt like it stopped.

Time seemed to stand still. 

His heart hammered against his chest. 

Her heart hammered against her chest.

3