Awakening Pt. 2
455 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started watching hololive yesterday and I nearly couldn’t finish this chap on time. 

1900 words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A tall man over seven feet backed away slowly from the pro heroes chasing him. He had a beastly appearance with a face that resembled a horse. He had massive horse like hooves for feet and with a muscular body, he made a rather terrifying figure.

This man was a C-ranked villain named Umaru. He fell into villainy for various reasons and was lucky enough not to run into  top heroes...until today.

He had never been a bright person but even he knew that heroes wouldn’t attack him if he had a hostage. He had seen the media blame the heroes whenever hostages were killed so he had tried nabbing a hostage to escape the heroes.

He had initially planned to take a random civilian as hostage but when his eyes landed on the young kid running away. He decided to get the kid. 

‘A kid would make the heroes take a more cautious approach and the kid won’t even retaliate…hehehe’ he thought as he picked the young boy who struggled but to no avail as his tight arms were more than enough to restrain his petite body.

A grin formed on his face as he thought of the fame he would get when he escaped from the heroes and they couldn’t do anything.

Unfortunately for Umaru, this was the last time he would smile like that as he had picked the wrong hostage, one who was not as merciful as the heroes.

……

Akira was stuck in a perilous situation. Out of all the things he had expected coming to the amusement park, being taken as a hostage was one thing he had not expected.

He knew villain attacks were common in this world and could happen anytime but being trapped in the orphanage had made him biased. He had not personally seen villains attacking so he had perceived it to be less of a threat when in reality it was not.

But now here he was stuck in the arms of a villain with a tiny body that couldn’t even put up a struggle against the villain.

‘..Damn it.. Damn it...Damn it...I really have no way to free myself now..’

‘Where’s All Might when you need him..Shouldn’t he be in his prime? But why is he not here yet...I can’t trust this villain not to kill me when he escapes..’

Akira was inwardly panicking. His death had shown him that when backed in a corner, people do irrational things and the villain was cornered now which meant that he had no way of predicting what he would do next.

“I am warning you again Heroes, back away or the child dies…...It would be easy to snap his neck after all ..guhahaha” Umaru laughed as he crouched down,steadying himself and leaped immediately gaining distance between him the heroes.

“Sensei..we have to go after them.” the  female hero, Dove said and prepared to chase after the villain. 

“..No we must get reinforcements to chase after him..” her sensei answered with a solemn expression on his face.

“.But sensei..getting more heroes involved will reduce our credit….” Dove began but she was harshly interrupted by her sensei.

“ARE YOU STUPID??!! You are still worried about credit in this situation..??!! It’s a fucking hostage situation now and you are worried ABOUT Credits !!”he facepalmed as he tried to suppress his anger.

“I..” Dove began.

“Shut up..All you new heroes think its easy becoming a top hero?? A hostage situation is one all heroes must absolutely avoid. Property damage while apprehending a villain is alright but if a civilian hostage is killed..you can say goodbye to your hero career.” He said in a grim tone.

Dove gulped in fear as she heard him speak. She had graduated from U.A recently and if her career ended so soon, she would become an embarrassment.

“S-sorry Sensei..You are right, we should ask for reinforcements..”

“Alright -alright...calm down..Damn it, why did we have to confront a C-ranked villain, we should have stuck to the D-rank ones...and now I am at the risk of having my license revoked..” he said and pulled out his communicator.

“Hello? Quick I need backup here at the...new amusement park in town. Its a hostage situation here..”

“Yes..a hostage situation.. Villain is C-ranked Umaru, the hostage is a young kid..no we didn’t engage the villain…”

Seeing the heroes show such little concern for Akira, Saya boiled with anger. She hated them. No wonder Akira didn’t like them. 

‘Why did the villain take him and NOT ME??’ she thought.

She glanced in the direction the villain took Akira with a worried gaze. ‘Akira-kun..’

 

….

Meanwhile Umaru had stopped after reaching the junkyard that was Takoba Municipal Park. It was quite near to the amusement park and he had decided to lay low here for a while.

The park which was once a beautiful public spot had turned into a junkyard after years of negligence with trash from the sea lining its edge.

Umaru noticed that the kid had gone quiet. He dropped the kid on the ground and said in a menacing tone, “Listen kid,nobody will come here to save you so if you scream..I will rip your jaws out..understood?”

 The boy got up and dusted his clothes. Umaru was surprised the kid wasn’t trembling. The kid’s neat combed hair had become messy and was covering his eyes because if he had seen the look in his eyes, he would be the one unnerved.

Akira was sure he had awakened his quirk now. He had been feeling anger at his predicament when he felt something inside him awaken.  He found it hard to describe but it was like having an extra limb which was invisible. 

He held still till they reached the junkyard only because he didn’t want anyone meddling in. He probably wouldn’t be able to hide the quirk if they do tests later and he was not too sure about fooling the Doctors either so he could only downplay it later but first he had to ‘test’ it.

“You are right Mister...nobody will come here to help you either.” Akira replies with a grin on his face.

He lifted his hand gently and then clenched his fist. Immediately Umaru could feel a force restricting his breath. He could feel his throat being crushed. 

“Aghh..Gahk.” 

He quickly fell onto his knees as he clutched his throat with hands trying to peel off whatever choking him but there was nothing to grab onto and he could only helplessly squirm struggling to breathe.

‘Hmm...looks like I can control the intensity.’ Akira thought as he looked at the villain in front of him who was grovelling at his feet.

‘It’s been a while since I could feel this.’

Having power over someone was a relishing feeling for Akira and he absolutely enjoyed it. Having power over someone through blackmail and threats was one thing but to have visible power right at his fingertips only made it better.

It was a new feeling for him and he liked it. 

He unclenched his fist and the villain could breathe again. 

Umaru panted heavily as air filled his lungs again. He had been taken off guard and had been at the mercy of a kid. Anger enveloped him as he stood up and looked at the kid.

“You brat..do...you..know..what..you..just did..” he said as he started walking towards Akira.

The tibia got separated from his knee cap and a *plop* sound resounded.

“Ahhhhhhh” Umaru screamed as he fell down flat on the ground clutching his knees. The pain was unbearable as he had never faced anything like this. His horse like feet were attached together firmer than normal legs so it hurt even more.

‘No need for hand gestures I suppose but it helps in focusing...I was aiming for the other leg after all.’

“It’s a pity I can’t kill you Mister Horse but I can still play with you..hahaha”

Umaru was terrified now, the boy’s eyes were visible now and all he could see was a cold gaze and some...amusement.

‘Shit..this kid is messed up..I should have kept that salaryman..’he thought as regret crept over him.

Akira walked over to the fallen man and raised his hand over his head then he made a slamming gesture in the air.

*crack* 

Umaru’s face caved in as he felt a blunt object hitting his face. His nose started bleeding heavily and he could taste his own blood as it trickled down his jaw.

‘Hoh...So imagining objects work too..’ Akira thought as he watched the man howl in pain. He had imagined a hammer slamming into the man’s face and it really looked like a hammer had smashed him.

Umaru raised his hand to plead but Akira just waved his hand away and it bent in a wrong angle.

“Ahghhhhhh..!!! IT HURTS..Please…” he screamed but it was as he had stated earlier, nobody was coming to help him.

“Shh…” Akira consoled the man in pain as he brought his index finger near the man’s lips. He didn’t touch it of course as it was marred with blood and snot. Quite a disgusting combination.

Akira then slashed across Umaru’s face and a long slash gash appeared on it. It extended from his lower jaw to all the way up to his scalp. It would scar for sure but that was not in Umaru’s mind as he tried to push himself away from the monster in the child's skin.

Of course Akira didn’t let him and just stomped Umaru’s chest with his little legs. They were small and didn’t do any harm but he was using his quirk so Umaru felt like a sledge hammer had struck him right in the chest.

He even heard a few ribs break under the onslaught. He coughed up blood at this and as his better hand instinctively tried pushing Akira away, he felt a hot burning sensation erupt from it.

“Ahhh...IT BURNS...AHHHH..”

Indeed Akira had tried seeing if he could cause other conditions and it seemed he had succeeded but he also noticed that he felt more tired when he did this. 

Umaru’s hand didn’t have any fire on it but it was still burning up as his flesh turned red. It was a strange sight, a man’s hand was burning but there was no flame present.

Nevertheless he learnt more about his quirk and he confirmed that he had a reserve energy of some sort or that it had a limit.

‘Well I still have some time to experiment more so I could try new things..’

“Sorry Mister but I can’t let you go yet..oh wait..I forgot to ask your name. Tell me your name?”Akira asked as he stomped once again.

“Ackk…..I..M-my na-name is..” he began but was interrupted.

“Too slow Mister...besides I don’t care about it anymore..”

‘Why did you ask then?’ Umaru thought, feeling even more convinced that the boy was crazy. 

“..Well then lets continue now shall we?” Akira asked with a wide smile on his young face. 

Screams of a man in pain and terror were heard in Takoba Municipal Park for the next few hours.

12