Chapter 46: Prelims Day 2 (Part 8)
3.3k 16 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It's here! So the rest of the crew now know of Rose's past life as well as the truth behind her power, sort of. I mean seriously did you expect her to be like [Surprise! I'm the Demon God!] Yeah not happening. Yet. Anyway we get a bit more conversations between our main character's and we get to see what a certain Maid is doing with her off time while Rose has been away. I hope she's not angry at being left behind... Also damn Malaise is intense in the beginning of this chapter, this conversation came off a little more intense than I had meant to originally but considering what I have planned for her past I kept it as it made SOME sense. Ahem. Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!

Announcement

A big shout out to my new and existing Patreon's, who are helping me get closer to my goal of $50! Our newbie's this month are eeleater, maniac_ian, Pierre Tremblay and Skylar Jerrard I plan on using that money to commission new art for the title page as well as a footer image that I'll link to my Patreon at the end of my chapters. I wanna make it all pretty! So thank you everyone!

Current Patreon Supporters:

N0VERCL0CKER

Gaton Archeron

lobe l

Icewing

Frostbutt

eeleater

maniac_ian

Pierre Tremblay

Skylar Jerrard


[So who are you two? Really?] - Malaise

[W-Whatever could you mean?] - Rose

[So you truly think that little of us? I know we only met a little less than a year ago but I'd thought we were close enough by now to at least not lie to each other.] - Malaise

 

After leaving the Jail our little group had made our way back to the dorm to get some sleep and I'd been fully prepared to do that. However, the dreaded question I'd been hoping never to hear again came out of yet another loved one's lips. The last time this had happened had only gone well because of my status being visible to the people questioning me but I didn't have that benefit this time so I tried to play it off hoping that without proof she'd let it drop. My heart dropped into my stomach when I heard the next line out of her mouth.

Seeing her tearing up eyes nearly broke me and even Shade looked upset with my response, tearing me down even further. These people, these girls, were my friends. In the short time we'd know each other we'd gone through a lot, not all of it together but enough of it that I felt as close to them as I was to my new family. Glancing at Karen to see what she though of this I saw her almost imperceptible nod and mentally prepared myself for what was about to happen. Taking several deep breaths under the glare of a protective succubus that was currently holding the crying foxgirl to her chest I finally revealed my secret.

 

[Fuu.... Fuu.... I... Am not originally from this world.] - Rose

[...] - Everyone

[I got drunk with Karen here in my previous life and tripped into a truck. I died in her arms.] - Rose

[<sniff> What do you mean? Are you a summoned hero? I thought only humans could cross dimensional barriers?] - Malaise

[No. The last thing I remember was bleeding out and Karen's face in front of mine then darkness. I woke up inside my egg fully conscious.] - Rose

[Wait you remember being born?] - Veronica

[I... guess? Some of it has become a little faded over the years but I still remember most of it. Consequence of putting an adult mind into a child's body I'd guess.] - Rose

[I... understand why you hid that when we first met but why try hiding it now? Didn't you trust us?] - Malaise

[Honestly? Embarrassment mostly. I... umm... I left a bit out in my explanation. I... I... I.. Umm...] - Rose

[Rose was a guy.] - Karen

[Hey W-Wait! Why'd you tell them?!?] - Rose

[Hehehe! What's the big deal?!? Now that they know this much it's not like you can keep hiding it afterall. Plus your embarrassed face is adorable!] - Karen

 

Letting go of my secret was like a breath of fresh air, I'd held onto the contents for so long at this point that it'd become second nature not to talk about it. Even the people that knew about it, my family and personal maid, hadn't really brought it up for several years except to tease me whenever I acted particularly feminine. On top of that just the thought of being that person caused a pain somewhere in my chest, like looking at something particularly painful. It was the same pain I got whenever I interacted with Logic since his form was of my old body. Heck even in my mind I no longer thought of that old thing as my original body, instead referring to it as my past or old body. The fact was that currently I was Rose de la Amchier, not only in body but also in soul. I was so far removed from my old self that I was effectively a different person so letting go of that tension with my friends at least immediately caused an immense amount of relief.

It was not over however, afterall I'd only told them part of the truth and given how intelligent Malaise was I was sure she already suspected since she'd heard my old name. Making the decision to reveal the rest of the truth was far removed from actually doing so and despite my resolve my immature body froze up in panic. My mind refusing to finish the sentence that could change how my friends interacted with me forever, conjuring up the worst possible scenario's as I stuttered over my words.

I didn't have to though, as I found out seconds later when Karen nonchalantly dropped the figurative bomb. Her words, shocking me out of my nervous stuttering, made me round on her, angry at how casually she'd revealed it only for her to immediately follow-up my question with the obvious. I wouldn't be able to hide it.

 

[U-Umm...? So what do you think?] - Rose

[You really expect me to believe that, you, the most feminine young girl I've ever met, was originally a man? What's the real story?] - Malaise

[T-That's it... I used to be a man in my late 20's before I died. Oh and I was human, Karen too. We even dated at one point.] - Rose

[I don't get exactly what's going on but you used to have a penis right?] - Veronica

[By the Goddess Ver! Is that the only thing you got out of this?!? Plus there is absolutely no way such a girly girl could have been a man!] - Malaise

[But I really was! I h-had a p-penis and everything!] - Rose

[See? What adult man blushes when talking about their own.... p-parts. Now I can get behind you being reincarnated, I can even get behind you being originally a human, but there is absolutely no way I'll...] - Malaise

[I was. Believe me when I say that I am not lying to you now.] - Rose

 

Frustrated that our conversation had turned into a shouting match with the normally calm Malaise I took a deep breath and focused some of my energy into my gaze as the nerdy foxgirl went into another tirade with Veronica hiding behind Shade in the far end of the room. Trying to transmit every once of my sincerity to my friend I grabbed her shoulder's and looked her in the eye until she nodded.

 

[S-Sorry about that... I just... I thought you were lying to us again so I... I'm sorry for yelling at you.] - Malaise

[I'm sorry too, I should have just told you the truth when you asked instead of trying to hide it.] - Rose

[I-Is it safe now?] - Veronica

[...scary.] - Shade

[Damn girl you got some lungs on you! Hahaha!] - Karen

 

Face red from embarrassment at her reaction we both apologized while the now terrified succubi/shapeshifter duo peeked out from the bathroom they'd taken refuge in. Sheepishly rubbing her head Malaise lowered her head to them as well as an awkward silence stretched out. Only to be broken a moment later by a slimegirl's happy-go-lucky comment.


[So you truly were a man in your previous life?] - Malaise

[Mhm. I wasn't exactly the manliest person ever but yeah.] - Rose

[I can't even imagine it, I mean you're so... cute now.] - Malaise

 

Blushing at her compliment as well as out of embarrassment since I knew she was right about how unlikely it is that anyone would think I used to be a man. I wouldn't have in her place. Of course if it was just Malaise pestering me about my previous maleness it would have been bearable. Veronica however, was no where near as tame as our foxy friend.

 

[Oh so you had a penis? Was is big? Were you a virgin before you died? What does sex feel like as a man? Oh! OH! Why don't we compare them right now!?!] - Veronica

[You gonna control this?] - Rose

[Consider it your punishment for hiding it for so long... Plus if I don't let her get her questions out now she'll just get worse.] - Malaise

[Ugh... How could it be wor... actually nevermind I don't want to ask that.] - Rose

[Hey?!? Hey?!? So what was it like?] - Veronica

[Fine! I'll answer your questions! Yes I had a p-penis, it was about average size and no I wasn't a virgin! I'm not answering the next question and no we are not comparing it now. Are you happy?] - Rose

[...yes.] - Shade

[Huh?] - Everyone Else

 

Irritation spiking from the constant pestering of a certain excitable, and horny, succubi, I finally snapped. Feeling a small portion of my barely controlled rage peek out I channeled it into blowing through all of her questions at once. Satisfied that I had answered her curiosity I finished my tirade only to have the last one any of us expected answer in Veronica's place.

 

[Wait seriously you wanted to know too?!?] - Rose

[...mhm.] - Shade

[Aww! Our little Shapeshifter is a woman after my own heart.] - Veronica

[Yeah honestly wasn't expecting her to want to know that kind of stuff too...] - Malaise

[They do say the quiet one's are the biggest perverts... I've proven that a few times myself actually, the shy girls were always the freakiest in bed.] - Karen

[Huh? Wait so you like girls? I thought you said that the two of you...] - Malaise

[Earth is... complicated.] - Karen

 

Deflating slightly from the foxgirls question I saw a look of pain flash across my best friend's face for a second before she was back to her excitable normal self again. Feeling sadness at the look in her eyes which I knew the origin of I decided to change the subject.

 

[Okay so now that we're already answering questions I actually have a few of my own.] - Rose

 

Deciding to use the change of topic to my advantage I thought up several questions that had been burning up my brain since I returned, first and foremost was what exactly had happened while I was gone.


[So this is where you were Young Miss. I'd thought you forgot about me after returning since I've not seen a scale of yours in over 5 months... Why if I didn't know any better I'd say you didn't want me around...] - Terrifyingly Recognizable Voice

 

The 5 of us had been cheerfully discussing the last 5 months, with their side telling me all about the tournament and the fact that Karen was well on her way to making it into the main bracket with only one day left of the Preliminaries. For my part I was catching them up on some of the event's that had occurred while I was with Gil, including letting them know his real name with a promise to call him Manic Blade in front of other people. I was about halfway though describing my fight with what Grampa called a Mirror Demon when a angry voice spoke out behind me.

 

[O-O-Oh hello A-Annabelle. L-Lovely evening we have tonight. W-What brings you to our dorm room so late?] - Rose

[Ara? The Young Miss is playing dumb? Or maybe she really has forgotten Annabelle?] - Annabelle, the Maid-shaped Demon from Hell

[N-N-No of course not, I just...] - Rose

[You just... what?] - Annabelle

[I'm sorry! I truly didn't forget about you but we got arrested, then I told my friends about my past life and I got so caught up in answering questions that I put off letting you know I was back! I'M SO SORRY!] - Rose

 

Slowly turning my head towards the source of the voice my mind blanched at seeing the motherly lamia giving off angry onee-chan vibes that was currently directing her ire straight at me. So of course I tried playing it cool. And it failed. Seeing no other option since I WAS the one in the wrong I did the only thing possible. I groveled like a wimp. Laying my head against the floor I begged my Ara Ara Milf Maid for forgiveness like my heart depended on it. Such an action may have looked strange or even shock-inducing for outsiders, since a noble lady asking for her supposed servants forgiveness would be seen as so improper to be bordering on insane. For me however it was the only real choice given how close I was to Annabelle. She raised me afterall.

And so I groveled like my life depended on it, all while under the confused gazes of my 4 friends.

 

[Well, I guess I might be able to forgive you...] - Annabelle, the Merciful

[R-Really?] - Rose

[If the Young Miss will agree to a dressing session tomorrow, your current clothing is absolutely horrendous. I hope you haven't actually been seen wearing that by anyone important.] - Annabelle, the Destroyer of Hopes and Dreams

[Does a Prince count?] - Karen

[Hmm...? A prince?] - Annabelle, the Why Did you Stoke the Fire?!?

[W-Wait a second! L-Let's talk about this!] - Rose

[From what I know Prince Arlen is currently on a undisclosed mission so it wasn't him, the only one left is...] - Annabelle, the Oil Fire

[Yep. Prince Julias.] - Karen

[Why?!?] - Rose

[Prince Julias?!? You met a foreign Prince dressed like some tree-dwelling forest person and you're concerned about being ratted out?!?] - Annabelle, the Fire has been Lit

[Goddess save me from the folly of youth! Young Miss do you remember your instructions on meeting a foreign dignitary? You represented our country... in that.] - Annabelle

[Now wait just a...] - Rose

[The fault lies with use Miss Annabelle, Rose came to save us when we were being assaulted and as a result she had no time to change her style of dress. We are deeply sorry to have allowed her to represent her homeland in such a shameful way.] - Malaise

[Hmm? The Young Miss saved you? What happened?] - Annabelle

 

Taking the olive branch that was brought out in the nick of time, barely saving me, I took the cue to catch my personal maid up on current events hoping that context would make her less angry.


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping!
120