Chapter 54: Tournament Interim (Part 2)
2.8k 24 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We have a continuation of the dinner with the royal jackass that's too full of himself as well as finally meeting a certain player in this play that has yet to show themselves. Maybe two... Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


[And how is the Ferrous Spider Soup? I've heard it's a delicacy from the Dwarven Kingdoms but I've not had the courage to try it yet.] - Prince Julias

[It certainly lives up it's status as a delicacy, there's not even a hint of the taste of iron. I believe it would suit your palate if you were to try it.] - Rose

[Ah yes I'm sure.] - Prince Julias

[Is something wrong?] - Rose

[Hmm? Not really... Actually I do have a question for you?] - Prince Julias

 

After linking arms with the disgusting excuse for a Prince I found myself being dragged into a private room complete with a separate set of chefs and servers that only served the royal family and visiting foreign nationals like me. This room was apparently by invitation only and was even off the official books as far as the general public was concerned. Our dinner had started off with a selection of appetizers and drinks consisting of even a few of my families wine bottles which the Prince selected out of the group. I suppose he thought that pandering to my family business would ingratiate me with him somehow but all it did was make me cringe internally while maintaining the fake smile I had been sporting the entire time.

Annabelle, noticing my stiffness, gave me a questioning look but I couldn't exactly explain that the person in front of us was a treasonous dickhead that would try to kill his own father in a couple of days thus I could do nothing except silently wave off her unasked question. Apparently satisfied with my dodge her eyes filled with mirth, this time securely focused on the offending Prince. I guess she assumed that my hesitation at answering her was out of embarrassment or nervousness at meeting a Prince of a different country. I mean she was right in that the Prince was the reason for my facial expression but the reason was far from whatever she was imagining. I'd have to ask my parents later if Annabelle could be told safely, not because of me not trusting her but because I didn't want her to be in danger from knowing something like that and becoming a target.

The Prince, accepting my smile as genuine, poured the vintage for both of us and I got my first taste of alcohol since I reincarnated. Sweet, with a bit of subtle earthy tones, would be what I would have said if I knew anything at all about wine tasting or the sommelier profession. I didn't however so the only thing I could say was, it's good. I guess my family's vineyards aren't just for show, not that I've ever actually seen them of course. 

Looking satisfied with his decision the Prince then called for the appetizer's we'd selected. I chose something called Ferrous Spider Soup, I'd always been the type to try new things afterall when it came to food. The Prince however, went with some unassuming dish called Jupa Tart that looked like a sweet dish but was apparently meant to be savory. I guess a Jupa was some kind of snake or something. Maybe he chose it for some kind of stupid symbology? But wouldn't that mean he was aware of my involvement in the plan to beat his face in? I doubt it, he seems kind of full of himself and stupid.

After getting our starter's the Prince then decided that small talk was in order but at this point the entire thing felt forced, like he was bored with the entire ordeal and was having second thoughts about even meeting with me. Why had he even called me out like this in the first place if he wasn't going to use it to his advantage?

Continuing to hold onto my faux smile as I dodged his "subtle" insult about Dwarven culture I answered truthfully. I really did think the soup was good, when I was reading the name I balked slightly but I guess giant metal-eating spiders are actually tasty! Who knew?!? Seemingly annoyed with my praise of the Dwarven dish I briefly saw a look of annoyance cross the Prince's face as he glumly poked at his dish. Taking the cues from Annabelle I decided to reluctantly ask what was the matter only for him to wave off the matter before his face suddenly perked up.

 

[W-What is it?] - Rose

[When we met in the Prison you were fiery and direct, that attitude was actually quite refreshing for me as a Prince.] - Prince Julias

[Okay?] - Rose

[So I found myself thinking that I still require a Queen for when I eventually succeed my father and I decided you would be it. Your attitude now is a bit disappointing but I'm sure it's not your normal face, feel honored for the privilege.] - Prince Julias

[Hah?!?] - Rose

[You bastard!] - Annabelle

 

Nervous at what the Prince could possibly have wanted to meet with my group for as well as why he had suddenly perked up what he said next confused the hell out of me. Wasn't he supposed to be some kind of Demi-hating bastard? Was he just some horny dumbass that was being used? Maybe a racist that just thought of non-humans as sex slaves? All these thoughts flew through my head until one pervaded over all of them, Moron. My face, becoming more and more strained as the Prince explained himself, transformed into startled confusion mixed with disgust when he got to his point. Me? HIS Queen? He had to be dreaming if he thought that kind of proposal would work on any woman let alone one with a family pedigree nearly equal to his own. On top of that he even if he hadn't noticed it I was constantly radiating killing intent directly at him, I don't know exactly what he wanted but if it was to piss me off he succeeded.

Annabelle, who had been impatiently watching this whole time, immediately flew off the handle at the Prince's words and the next thing I knew she was at the Prince's throat with a massive sword that was nearly her own height that appeared out of nowhere. Initially worried that she would kill the Prince I noticed her trembling form halting as the butler the Prince had brought held his own blade against her exposed throat. I had to diffuse this situation, it wasn't time for the operation to start yet so killing the Prince now would only allow his forces to riot uncontrolled. And I'd likely be considered an accessory to assassination.

 

[Annabelle! Lower your blade!] - Rose

[You too Steven, I'm fine. The bitch couldn't have hurt me anyway.] - Prince Julias

[PRINCE Julias de la Abelis, I appreciate your "kind" offer but need time to think it over. If you'll excuse me.] - Rose

[...] - Steven

[Move. Unless you wish to be formally acquainted with the far wall I suggest you get out of my path.] - Rose

[...] - Steven

[Do as she says Steven, I'll be waiting for your answer. Just be aware that it's only valid until the last day of the tournament. I hope you choose wisely.] - Prince Julias

[Come Annabelle, thank you for the... meal, Prince Julias de la Abelis.] - Rose

 

Trembling in rage as I barely kept my boiling Wrath in check I stood up and excused myself from the dinner only to be stopped by the Prince's butler standing in front of the exit. My Wrath, at this point only just being held back by a concerted effort of both myself and Logic caused my Mana to drastically spike and I used that to lend a hard edge to my command to move. The butler, to his credit, only twitched slightly as sweat ran down his face so I repeated my command, this time threatening his life and limb if he continued to block me. I don't exactly know where my creative usage of threats came from but it seemed to be effective as even the stoic butler glanced at his employer with an unsure expression on his face which turned to relief when the Prince gave him the go ahead to stand aside.

Barely glancing at the man as he stepped aside I slithered forward after calling for my Annabelle to follow. Not noticing the look of greed in the Prince's eye when I left. If I had I would have ended him right then and there, consequences be damned.


[Hahaha! The Prince's bad habit seems to be causing issues again! He just can't help wanting to break smug bitches like her right?!?] - ???

[Shut up and follow those two that already left! Do you still sense them?] - Shadowy Figure

[They vanished as soon as that bitch of a snake left, you think they're connected somehow?] - ???

[Most likely, I'd guess they were there to protect the Princess if anything went wrong. Not that she needs protected. From what I just felt she could overpower most assassin's without any effort whatsoever. It even made me sweat, not sure how Agent S felt being the target like that.] - Shadowy Figure

[Well what do we do now, follow the bitch?] - ???

[Don't bother, she seems to have a Solitude Sphere at her disposal, it wouldn't do us any good regardless.] - Shadowy Figure

[What about her bitch parents? Or those old fucks that just left the city? Should we target them?] - ???

[Hmmm... I guess I can reward you every once in a while, I authorize a strike on the Matriarch of the Amchier family and her husband. Go have fun. I'll deal with her parents a different way... Perhaps a kidnapping? Hmm...?] - Shadowy Figure

 

As Rose left the restaurant two shadows that were watching the entire ordeal silently conversed via magic items, their tongues useless from being cut. The vulgar one, excited about what he most likely thought was a bit of fun, was scolded by his stern faced superior for not immediately following the two other watchers. He felt that they were familiar but some kind of magic was being used to hide them from their eyes as well as from those of Agent S that was currently protecting the Prince. The only reason the 2 of them had noticed their guests was because of how perfect the void was around the two of them. Whoever was using the stealth magic was skilled, unimaginably so, but inexperienced, using a too perfect magic like that would make it glaringly obvious that someone was there even if you couldn't see, feel or hear them. Not too useful for figuring out the identity but it certainly narrowed it down a little.

The vulgar one, still riding high from his excitement, wasn't one to settle down however and immediately asked for permission to kill one of those meddling trash from their neighboring country. Weighing the two options in his mind he quickly settled on the much less problematic duo outside the city. While dead bodies inside a city would be a newsworthy item the same couldn't be said about outside city limits. It was immensely easy to make deaths in the wilderness look like whatever we wanted the desired scenario to be, it was simple. Giving his go ahead he mumbled to himself about how they were going to deal with the rest of them as his companion vanished into the night.

He'd never see him again, at least in the land of the living.


[A moment. Hold.] - Commanding Voice

[Huh? What do you want?!? Can't you see I'm not in the mood?] - Rose

 

Rose, still fuming from that bastard Prince, angrily called for her carriage. She wanted to leave quickly before she lost control and levelled an entire city block. Annabelle, for her part, did her best to hurry the situation along but it wasn't helping currently. Honestly she didn't know exactly what that asshole had been planning but whatever it was it wasn't good for her. His last words as she left had dashed any doubt from her mind as to whether they had just been mistaken about him. The implied threat of the last day of the tournament fresh in her mind she nearly turned right around to deal with that worm but was halted by a commanding voice behind her.

 

[Hahaha, I can certainly see that. In fact I, more than anyone understand your frustration.] - Dapper Old Dude

[Ha?!? How can you understand old man?!? I don't want to hurt you so stop saying nonsense before I lose what little control I have left!] - Rose

[I'm sorry good sir but please allow us to pass. My mistress is not in any condition for...] - Annabelle

[It's fine Miss Annabelle. How can I understand you ask? Why, because I'm that boy's father.] - King?

[Wha?!?] - Annabelle and Rose

[I'm the King of this country.] - King?


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! Your 900 Year Old Loli Goddess Demands it! Your Goddess also has a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join!
96