Chapter 83: Semi-Finals (Part 3)
2k 8 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We start this chapter with the PoV of the Prince, were we wrong this whole time?!? And after that we get a look at just how high the stakes actually are and what's really been happening behind the scene's. Enjoy! Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!

Announcement

Just an announcement that I have a new experimental novel's first chapter available on Patreon, I'll be doing long-form chapters of around 5-6000 words and I plan on doing about 10 chapters of it on Patreon before determining whether I'll continue it after which I'll release those 10 chapters and any subsequent ones on a monthly basis here on Scribblehub. If you want to read it beforehand it'll be available along with another experimental novel I've been working on that's a short-form comedy novel focused around a guy that gets adopted by loli aliens and turned into one. Here's a screenshot of both of their descriptions and tags.

For Beyond Pluto(AKA Long-Form Novel):

For I Wanna Be a Loli(AKA Short-Form Comedy):


1The following is a heavily biased view of events from the PoV of the Prince, many things will be different than they appear as a result.

 

Why? Why did this happen? Bleeding out from a deep sword wound I thought back to that day.

 

4 Years Ago

[King Nero! Think about our reputation! This move will be taken as weakness by our enemies!] - Advisor

[Our reputation? Why should I care of our reputation when our people are starving? Our longtime ally has food and has offered to feed our citizen's and you talk of how we'll be seen?!? Leave me!] - King Nero

[F-Father?] - Julias

[Oh? Julias, I didn't see you come in. This was... well don't worry about it, you're too young to need to shoulder such burdens.] - King Nero

[Yes Father.] - Julias

[Such a good child. Just remember to keep that attitude as you grow older, you are first and foremost a servant of the people. Your reputation, your image, none of it means anything if you can't keep your subjects safe. Hah.... If only those damn nobles kept that fact in mind....] - King Nero

[Father?] - Julias

[N-Nevermind that, it was just nonsensical grumbling. Now go play, daddy needs to get some work done.] - King Nero

[Mmhmm...] - Julias

 

I was a child, no older than 5, but even at that age I understood how weak we were before the greedy noble's. Treated as too young to understand I was quickly ushered away whenever matters of state came up. Not allowed to participate in serious discussions I was relegated to tutoring and theoretical policy making where I learned what the foundations of our great nation was built on. How had we fallen so far that the royal family could be pushed around by nobles as if they ran the country? It wasn't right. When I finally ascended to the throne I would change things, kick out the nobles, overturn the gap between those with power and those without. I would return this nation to what it was meant to be, one with me at its head. One where we didn't need to take handouts from neighboring nations as if we were begging for scrapes. First would be this nation and then, the world. This world was meant to be ruled by one that was willing to make those decisions, willing to do what must be done.

It was while I was still young, dreaming of changing the world, that he came. A diplomatic ambassador from the Holy Church of Light, he was quite polite despite the bad reputation that the zealots received. My Father, viewing him as a unwanted presence, was often unhappy during his visits to talk with House of Lords. And I, despite my fascination with this stranger from a strange land, respected my Father by avoiding him whenever he appeared. Until he approached me himself.

 

[Strange to see one so young caring for flowers. And judging from your clothes you're not a thief... Heir Apparent Prince Julias de la Abelis I assume.] - Church of Light Ambassador

[I'm not the Heir yet and you're not supposed to be in here.] - Julias

[Oh my I apologize for speaking out of turn. I only meant that someone with ambitious goals like yourself would obviously be chosen as the next King. I meant no disrespect of course. Ah! I realize that I've been quite rude, allow this lowly servant to introduce himself. My name is Cardinal Francis III, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.] - Cardinal Francis III

[Likewise, but that doesn't change answer how you got into the royal families private garden. Shall I call the guards?] - Julias

[No need no need, I was just in awe by your magnificent figure. Such a young Prince and still so responsible. Well I really shouldn't overstay my welcome, please enjoy yourself Your Highness.] - Cardinal Francis III

[Wait! What did you mean when you said "someone with ambitious goals like yourself"? I don't believe I've ever spoken of my goals before so how do you know?] - Julias

[Ah that? Call it... an educated guess. Until next time Your Highness.] - Cardinal Francis III

 

It was at this moment that I should have noticed something was wrong but I was young. Slightly suspicious of the man I should have acted on that caution and asked Father to remove him. Instead I decided to find out more about him. Sending my favored servants to shadow him I eventually ended up giving into my curiosity and confronting him directly which led to a closer and closer relationship as the years passed.

I never thought of myself as arrogant. I've been called such, and worse, over the years by many of those defeated by my political machinations but I always took those words as the barking of beaten dogs rather than anything serious. After all it wasn't arrogance if you had the skill to back it up, it was just reality.

While at first I'd been curious but standoffish with Cardinal Francis and the Church of Light that he represented over the years I came to trust them. Anyone that was that concerned about the disadvantageous position that humanity was in must be a good group, and the bad rumors about human supremist ideals and racial genocide were just the treachery of their enemies. I'd truly believed such. 

Which is why when they approached me with a proposition to share their newly developed technology in exchange for a official treaty and sanction when I took the throne I thought nothing of it. Of course I would help out my longtime allies as soon as my Father abdicated. And then, as my 10th birthday approached and I began to wait for my Father's acknowledgment as his heir, it never came. Despite the support of most of the nobles and people my Father refused to name any of his children as successor. I didn't understand, I was the only choice he had, my little sister was too shy to inherit the throne and our cousins were all greedy nobles that wouldn't suit the responsibility that the throne required.

That's when the Cardinal, now a close friend of mine, suggested that I impress my worthiness upon my Father by taking part in the annual tournament hosted by the Academy. Winning first place would reassure him that I was capable of protecting this country on my own. After all wasn't strength King in this world?

What had followed was a easy process, I'd gotten the recommendation from an allied noble and set off to meet with the local leaders as was custom for incoming royalty. It was during one of these meetings that I'd heard rumors about a powerful contestant in the Tournament. The problem? She was a monster. Now while I wasn't particularly against monster's and Demi's leading their lives within my nation, as long as they were peaceful, they were still not humans. No matter how similar they looked their ideals and beliefs were not the same as ours. To top it off this Tournament, a way for non-noble human citizens to showcase their abilities, was being turned into the playground of those so called superior races. It disgusted me.

Several days passed after that, time which I used for meet and greets with the local noble families, I needed to obtain more support from the people if I was to gain Father's approval after all. During these parties I even heard rumors of some horrible villain that was kidnapping my Demi citizens with it being said that they were being sold into slavery afterwards, disgusting criminal trash, it seems like I'd need to crack down on those types of crimes when I took the crown. One more thing to add to the long list of reforms I'd need to do. Despite my dislike of Demi's they were still my citizens and needed to be protected. Those thoughts were blown out of my mind however, as soon as I saw her.

Several years younger than me and not quite developed yet she was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. With powerful multicolored eyes, a petite body type and a large size uncommon for her age her ephemeral beauty called to me. Her lower half, similar to a silver snake of legend, didn't detract from that beauty, in fact it enhanced it. I'd never felt this before, this throbbing in my chest, I had to have her!

Barely able to hold back my greed I went to invite my future wife to a dinner at the most exclusive restaurant in the city. Thinking it would impress her I was shocked when she instead treated me coldly, it was like she wasn't aware of how good of a catch I was! And here I was lowering myself to her and I get treated like an enemy.

Attacked by her maid servant I was inwardly fuming but the thought of my future wife's sad face stayed my hand as I allowed the two of them to leave, I'd think of a way to entice my future Queen soon.

And think of a way I did. Seemingly seething from some unknown grievance I tried to lighten the mood with my beloved by suggesting a wager. What she said next however confused me, she wasn't angry with someone else it seemed that she thought I was connected with someone called Moon? Deciding to leave clearing that up for later I focused on the fight, it wouldn't do to make a wager only to lose. I realized moments later however that I was powerless before this beautiful woman, the technology that the Cardinal had given me useless before the awesome might of her power.

Shock filled me as my future wife railed against me, murder? Sure I'd made many enemies over the years but I'd never killed anyone. Opening my mouth to tell her as such I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest, one worse than anything I'd ever felt before. Shocked as I looked at the sword sprouting from my chest I coughed up blood while trying to get the steel intruder out of my chest.

 

[That's enough of that. Let's have the unneeded pawns leave the board now.] - ???

 

Huh? Hearing a familiar voice I forced myself to turn towards the man holding the weapon that had killed me only to see a familiar set of eyes behind a steel helmet. I understood now. I'd been a fool this entire time, dancing to the tune of our true enemy.

 

[F-Father... I'm sorry.] - Julias

 

And darkness took me.


The Prince collapsed, his last words making me freeze in place. Huh? He's sorry? Why? What's going on? Still frozen in place from the unexpected event I jerked back to reality when the fully armored man? started laughing metallically. Wait he's...?

 

[Iron?!? You are? Why did? What's going on?!?] - Rose

[Hmmm? Oh right! Business business. NOW!] - Iron?

 

Seeming like he wasn't concerned by my confusion this Iron lookalike slowly pulled his sword out of the Prince's body, humming as he did so. Then, in response to my question he paused before holding up one gloved hand and, after a moment, letting out a loud snap as he snapped him fingers.

A scream from the crowd, as Demi's started appearing all over the stands, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. That wasn't the shocking part though, instead the horrifying part was that most of them were children and all of them were tied up with some sort of device attached to their chests. Horrified I looked back at the armored figure.

 

[What are you doing?!?] - Rose

[Me? Providing incentive.] - Definitely NOT Iron

[What the hell does that mean?!?] - Rose

[Ah ah ah! Careful now. You see those devices? Those are explosives, they are tied to my command and if I give a snap... they'll explode.] - Definitely NOT Iron

[You piece of-] - Rose

[Oh we'll have none of that, now be quiet or I start turning this Arena into a bloody fireworks display.] - Definitely NOT Iron

[...] - Rose

[Good. Now I'm sure you're wondering what I wa- Oh and you guys over there? Stop moving or I blow this place to Kingdom Come.] - Definitely NOT Iron

 

Barely holding myself back from launching myself at what I assumed to be a new enemy I cautiously asked the man what was going on. The man, seeming bored for a moment, waved his hand lazily at the silent crowd, his threat towards them fairly explicit given the circumstances. Still I was unable to hold myself back entirely as I angrily yelled at him only for him to highhandedly scold me as if her were talking down to a child.

Hearing his words, paired with the terrified faces of the captured children, made my vision go red as I began forward. A bad idea certainly and one that he immediately jumped on as he threatened innocents once more, demanding my silence.

Fuming, I still did what he asked out of fear for the innocent lives hanging in the balance. I'd basically guessed that the man before me was connected with the Church in some way and based on how the Prince had reacted before he died it was likely they knew each other. That begged the question as to why he had betrayed him.

Seemingly satisfied with my silent glare the man once more started speaking only to suddenly turn towards some guardsmen that had been sneaking their way behind him, using a few English words as he told them off.

 

[No manner's, seriously. Ahem! Where were we...? Oh right, I'm sure you're curious as to what my plan is correct?] - Future Deadman

[Yes. You're hear for me right? Well get it over with then.] - Rose

[Oh no no no, well I mean yes but not just that. You see what I want is a grand battle with the successor to the Demon Lord of Chaos! An exhilarating battle that will be written of through the ages! I want excitement! Otherwise this damn Isekai will be a waste of time.] - Future Deadman

[Isekai? Who are you?] - Rose

[Me? Oh I'm sorry I never introduced myself did I? Well then, I am pleased to make your acquaintance Lady Rose de la Amchier, Successor of the Demon Lord. My name is Cardinal Francis III otherwise known as the previous Summoned Hero, Tanaka Keitaro.] - Keitaro


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
75