Chapter 102: Fallout Shelter’s Don’t Work! Comedy Does!
1.3k 7 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So I named this chapter because after writing the last chapter I became a bit depressed and had to consume a large amount of positive media in response. This did the job, eventually, thus I decided to use this joke as a way of representing that whilst still accurately summarizing the chapter.

Awkwardness abounds as the ex-lovers, and future lovers as well I promise, struggle with how to interact with each other after Austin, now Rose, basically told Karen that she loves her but can't seal the deal at the moment because she's not really seeing her for who she is now. It seems our dense Rose DID notice that Karen seems to be having a hard time separating the two with her difficulty even managing not to call her Austin Sauce. Stressed by how to be around each other it seems that we might have a bit of a countdown before one of their friends snaps as they all start to notice how weird the two of them are being around each other.

As a side note so far we've only really dealt with how Rose is feeling about her gender change and even that not as much as we could or will eventually. On the other side we've barely dealt with how other people feel about it and while her new friends have only known her in her current form the way that Karen has been dealing with it seems to have been by ignoring it for the most part while focusing on the physical changes rather than the emotional and personality changes. That situation was not healthy and Rose showed a large amount of awareness, not something she's generally known for, by realizing this before it hit them like a truck later.

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- The Place Between, Rose's Divine Palace, Throne Room - Rose's POV -

[We need to talk.] - Wrath

 

It had been a while since I'd been back within my inner world, my realm in a word. Well not really, it'd only been a few days but time spent within the Place Between felt much longer than time spent in reality so these nights where I allowed my resting mind to migrate to my throne room actually felt like several days rather than only a few hours. Logic had even told me that the feeling of time dilating, another word I didn't realize that I knew, would only increase as my power continued to grow until eventually it would feel like years within my inner world while only a few seconds had passed outside my body. Functionally there could be multiple generations being born and dying within my inner world with only my Aspects surviving through the ages- according to the books that had started to appear within the library they had built. Even stranger was that most of the books seemed to be written by this or that Dragon with no a small amount of them actually being written by my Grampa personally. As silent as that old shithead seemed to be currently he was really going out of his way to support me indirectly. In fact, the volume of information that had taken over our previously bare shelves had overwhelmed even Logic and he was struggling to work his way through the sheer amount of it even now.

Which led to our current predicament. After entering my inner world I'd wandered around the Palace for a while, just taking in all the changes had been an endeavor all on it's own, and after about 3 or 4 hours of this meandering I'd been called out by someone unexpected, Wrath. Surprised that the loli version of myself would actually initiate a conversation with me it was also at that time that I'd realized that none of the pranks that had been plaguing my previous visits had occurred in the entire time I'd been touring what was apparently my estate. It was completely out of character on all fronts.

Still suspicious of her possible motives I directed her to follow me to the Throne Room, the one place I'd been to the most in my castle so far and the place I felt the safest with both Logic nearby as well as several guards, many of which I'd seen training themselves within the castle yard. It didn't hurt being cautious right?

 

[Okay so out with it, I didn't realize it until just a little while ago but you've been strange all day today. What do you want?] - Rose

[Figures that your stupid ass wouldn't realize what was missing until I showed up but... haaaa... I'm not here for that right now.] - Wrath

 

Okay I'll admit I was still a bit angry over the whole "attempt to take over my body" thing and definitely was a bit harsh with her right off the bat but her immediate insult didn't do much to help calm down my temper and, as I felt my anger rising to a boil she did something unexpected. She relented.

Sighing as she deflated like a balloon she gave me an indescribable look that immediately defused my anger and, completely weirded out by her abnormal change of demeanor I stared at her for a few seconds before attempting to gain back control of the conversation once more. Whatever her game was this time I wasn't interested in playing so the best move was to ascertain the rules and ignore her as much as possible afterwards.

 

[Fine, what DO you want?] - Rose

[I want a truce. I leave you alone from now on, no pranks or revenge.] - Wrath

 

I was flabbergasted. Truce? Her? This loli mini-me that's been terrorizing me constantly every time I spent even a second in my inner world wanted a truce? Hell at this point she's lucky I didn't lock her up in the dungeon and throw away the key and be damned the consequences! Speaking of I needed to ask what the point of a dungeon was in a world where I was basically a Goddess but getting back to more important things! The Hell?

 

[Truce?!? You? Why?] - Rose

[If I were to tell you the entire reason it'd explode your tiny little excuse for a brain but...] - Wrath

[Fewer insults and more explaining!] - Rose

[Fine! Suffice to say you've surprised me. That stunt you pulled with our Ex was completely outside of my expectations and, as much as I hate you for some of the shit you've brought on us in the past, it impressed me.] - Wrath

 

Wait, seriously? THAT'S her reasoning? How the hell did the most difficult thing I've ever had to do impress her at all?!? Wasn't she supposed to hate my cowardice and indiciv- Ah! That's why.

 

[You!?! Why the hell would you be impre- hmm?] - Rose

[Seems you figured it out. Yes, honestly I thought you'd chicken out at the last minute and just get back with the love of our life right there even if it would only end in pain and misery later. I'd even thought up a few pranks and punishments as a way of retaliating against you for that, but you didn't. Surprising not only me but also shocking Logic you pulled some wisdom out your ass and actually followed through on a decision. For that I decided to give you a bit of a break. Not that this means I've forgiven you so don't misunderstand!] - Wrath

[Hmph! I see. Well then, happy to work with you from now on.] - Rose

[Tch! Don't get cocky just ‘cause you actually used that peasized brain for once, this is temporary! Temporary I tell you! Bleh!] - Wrath

 

Smirking slightly as Wrath let out a stereotypical tsundere line I held out my hand to shake hers only for her to smack the offending object away and run out of the room, turning to stick her tongue out at me before slipping through the door that the guards opened right on time for her arrival. The muffled boom as the door slid shut again echoed through my brain as I thought back to the events the night before. The grin on my face fading as a frown took its place.


- Dwarven Settlement, Calidus, Sens Estate Private Training Facility and Dojo - Rose's POV -

[Ha! Set! Ha! Set! Ha!] - Rose

[Ha! Set! Ha! Set! Ha!] - Karen

[Hey what's going on with Rose and Karen today- they seem irritable?] - Veronica

[How would I know? Why don't you ask them?] - Malaise

[I don't want to ask them, you ask them!] - Veronica

[Hey! You guys get back to work! Another 10 sets for taking a break before you've finished!] - Lolianne Sensei

[Ah come on!] - Veronica

[Heh, that's what you get.] - Malaise

[You too young lady! Don't think I don't see you slacking off too! Either get to work or improve your illusions so I can't tell!] - Lolianne Sensei

[Damn.] - Malaise

 

It had been awkward. Extremely so. After the events of last night I'd woken up feeling depressed, even though my own actions had been the cause and after spending a completely silent breakfast with my roommates the both of us had continued doing our best at playing mute ever since. Even worse were the stolen glances at the source of my pain and the ever-present fact that I'd inflicted this upon myself.

Stealing another quick glance as I threw a straight arm punch into the extremely realistic dummy once more I immediately averted my eyes when our gazes met as her own did the same. What do I do here? I mean was I clear enough last night? Does she think I just rejected her outright? Oh gods should I just go after her right now and ask for forgiveness and to be given another chance? I should, shouldn't I?!?

Forcing down those thoughts I resolutely continued my single-minded goal to punch through the damn dummy in front of me but even so I was still unable to not hear as one of the 3 friends I'd made in this world expressed her own concern about how the both of us had been acting. Her whispered words still being picked up by my ears as plain as if she were speaking directly to me. Luckily, for my own sanity as well as me not knowing how I'd answer any questions right as of this moment, they were immediately stopped by the clear ring of our teachers voice as she yelled at them for slacking. I was saved, for now.


- 2 Hours Later, Dwarven Settlement, Calidus, Sens Estate Private Training Facility and Dojo - Rose's POV -

[Okay so we're going to have a mock matchup to end our training for the day, while I do think it's important to continue raising both your physical and magical abilities it's also important to hone your battle instincts so you don't freeze at the wrong time and get yourself killed. To that effect we'll be pairing off per your abilities with each person fighting against an opponent that will at least challenge them. Feel free to fight to the best of your abilities as the enchantment on the dojo will prevent anything life-threatening. Understood?] - Lolianne

[...] - Entire Class

[Good. First up will be our two most powerful class members. Now don't feel like you're any less skilled from these picks as any one of you can pass by the top students with enough work. With that said, Rose and Karen please move to the center of the room.] - Lolianne

[...!] - Rose and Karen

[Well? What are you waiting for? Go!] - Lolianne

 

After our endurance training with the dummies, next had been even more endurance training with laps and by the end of it even I was tired. Once more despite my enhanced training within the forest, I'd found it difficult to fully finish the increasingly high demands from the little devil loli. Although the rest of the class was in far worse shape to be honest, with none of them having actually completed the entire endurance course and only one other getting even close to my own score.

And it was then, while we were all gasping from exhaustion during a break to recover, that our demon in a loli-suit revealed to us what next level of fresh hell she had in store for us. The contents? Surprisingly normal, actually? Despite this, I had a bad feeling about what this would entail that got more and more clear as she continued explaining what would be required, and when she finally called out myself and Karen to take the stage I nearly ran right then and there. How was I supposed to handle this right now?


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
45