Chapter 105: Myth’s Become Real in Fantasy Worlds
1.5k 13 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
After the pure and unadulterated sadness  in the last few chapters we get a bit of a break now as our current arc gets more into the fluffy bits with only some brief seriousness interspersed. Now some of you might be curious at Karen's change in tactics here but it makes a lot of sense when you consider how romantically and sexually aggressive she's always been throughout the story. She was told over the last few chapters to allow the two of them to really see them for who they currently are and fall in love again naturally rather than forcing it through and she's taken that literally by unabashedly wooing our Main Character. Oh and yet another hot springs/swimming chapter is up and coming soon so look forward to that.

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Dwarven Settlement, Calidus Outskirts - Rose's POV -

[Okay everyone will split up into their groups, the goals are written down on each of the sheets that your party leader has been given. Follow the given clues and make sure not to head into any areas that have been marked as Forbidden. If you have any questions ask them now, it will be marked as a failure if you have to pull out halfway.] - Lolianne

 

3 days. It had been a long 3 days of intense physical and magical training with our teacher oddly even more motivated to increase our skills. Her excitement basically cementing in my mind that Master was the true reason behind it. I'd really have to beat him within an inch of his life for this. Actually, since he was immortal couldn't I just beat him to death repeatedly with no negative repercussions? Yes. Let's do that when we next see each other.

Discarding the strange thought that somehow Master Gilgamesh would sense the killing intent from me I thought back on the hell that had been the last few days. Starting with my return from what could only be described as a child's hissy fit I had to face the endless questions coming from each of my classmates and especially my close group of friends. Whilst they were initially silent after I'd returned, outside of some exclamations of relief, that unfortunately had only lasted until we were away from the larger group around us.

When we'd retired for the night I'd been immediately assaulted by the 3 of them along with Annabelle. Luckily, probably recognizing that our discussion was only between those closest to me, both Urz and Argent had left the room to "Freshen the Flowers". The confused look on the large-breasted Kappa's face as she was pushed out of the room was amusing enough that I nearly giggled reflexively despite the seriousness of the coming conversations.

What had followed was a difficult admission that I'd rejected a confession from Karen the night before and the why of it on top of that. Of course, next was a round of both clarifications and what felt like admonishments, which is why I was surprised when Annabelle pulled me into a warm hug whilst stroking my head softly. That was followed by the rest of the group joining in on the hug as they dragged Karen into the middle with me. What was going on?

Unfortunately, our warm embrace had to be swiftly broken up before that answer was forthcoming as the nervous knock of the two returnees broke us out of what would most likely be labelled an intervention at this point, to be perfectly honest. And so the 3 days following that had proceeded without us actually being able to continue our conversation, leading to where we were now.


- 2 Hours Later, Dwarven Settlement, Calidus Upper Reaches - Rose's POV -

The last 2 hours had been a slog of climbing over rocks and what most closely amounted to mountaineering despite our current position likely being at least a mile or more below the surface. The rough surface quickly sapped our strength but worse than that was that every second between our difficult ascents was spent trying to fend off the approach of a certain lovestruck slime. Starting off with her slimy fingers intertwined with mine 1MAXIMUM LEWD!!! the love of my life had spent the entire climb rapid-firing questions about my life leading up to now. Everything possible was asked about and, despite the embarrassment of the entire situation flustering my responses, every bit of information was dragged out of me forcibly.

Despite us agreeing to take things slowly it seemed that Karen's impatience had overtaken her self-control and her gleaming purple eyes demanded that I give her my every secret. At this point I'd basically given up hiding anything from everyone here, it wouldn't have been accepted by my slimy ex regardless. Luckily it seemed like Argent and Urz, the only ones that didn't know I was reincarnated, were wise enough to hold off on asking questions about what they heard. Most likely Karen had only asked me these types of questions because she was aware of how trustworthy the two of them were; regardless, it seemed like we would have another two joining our group on a more permanent basis now.

 

[S-So where to now?] - Rose

[Heh... Hold on a second... hmm... Seems we need to head towards that entrance there, and watch out for attacks from above as we do so. The instructions mention something about aerial attacks so we might have to worry about things above us on top of everything else.] - Malaise

[Leave those to me! Now that I've repaired my bow I can deal with any flying enemies! Oh! And any bedroom enemies as well!] - Veronica

 

Luckily, after nearly an entire hour of questions in between fighting off various weaker monsters and the difficulty of the climb in general, Karen had finally lapsed into silence while continuing to press herself against my side, only separating when required. Even now, with our goal for this trip in front of us, she refused to part from her mental attack on my psyche.

So I distracted myself with a question rather than addressing the Slimy Elephant in the room, the smirk on our nerdy foxgirl's face as she pointed out one of the several dozen openings in front of us that we needed to enter. Our goal, to defeat a certain monster nest, had led us to a destination through several tunnels and up what was probably the largest slope I'd seen since arriving in this world. The sheer enormity of the cave systems under this mountain boggled the mind, the far side vanishing into the pervasive darkness around us. 

 

[B-B-Bedroom?!?] - Urz

[Did you have to explain EVERYTHING about sexual relationships to her, just hearing about that kind of stuff is enough to fluster the poor corrupted innocent now!] - Karen

 

Blushing as her innocent mind went back to the information that a certain corrupting influence had slipped her in secret our big-breasted Kappa girl stuttered over her words while backing up quickly. The rest of us, nearly facepalming at her flustered reaction, instantly turned to the culprit.

 

[But it was fun- oof! I mean it was necessary for her healthy future. Did you have to throw that so hard? Ow...] - Veronica

[Be glad that we're in a combat situation otherwise I wouldn't have held myself back. Regardless do we have your acceptance of our plan so far Miss Annabelle?] - Malaise

 

Who immediately revealed her true intentions in corrupting the poor innocent that was Urz. The book that came flying out of nowhere, while less powerful than normal because of our current situation, was completely deserved. Veronica's immediate excuse fooled none of us however and Malaise only gave her one more look of disgust before turning to question our chaperone for this mission. My personal maid, Annabelle.

 

[Annabelle. And I am only allowed to assist in situations of extreme danger otherwise you'll automatically receive a failing grade, do you wish an answer regardless?] - Annabelle

[Harsh, but expected. In that case would your answer be different if it were your beloved Mistress Rose asking?] - Malaise

[...is that your chosen response?] - Annabelle

[No no no! We're fine without any hints! Right Malaise?!?] - Rose

[Tch! Fine then we'll do this all the way.] - Malaise

 

My maid, answering robotically as she continued to hang back from our group slightly, narrowed her eyes slightly as if judging the brainy demi who immediately attempted to use my relationship with our watcher to our advantage. Narrowing her eyes even more I, as the one most familiar with her personality, could tell that her evaluation of my friends was riding on her answer to this question. Immediately realizing the danger I cut in while giving Malaise a poignant look. Luckily she backed off after seeing the plea reflected in my eyes.

 

[Karen and Shade, take the front. You'll be in charge of clearing out anything in front of us, ignore aerial attacks unless they are directly attacking you or if they seem to be in much higher numbers than expected. Focus on the less powerful opponents if possible first so we can surround the boss as a group.] - Malaise

[Leave it to me!] - Karen

[...Mhm] - Shade

 

Turning her back on Annabelle I was the only one that noticed a slight smile cross her face as she silently watched us, that slight upturning of her lips sending a shudder of fear through me as I only associated such a look with her infrequent bouts of sadism over the years. I don't know what she had planned but whatever it was it wasn't good.

Completely missing that terrifying smile Malaise immediately went to work setting up our formation, her forte in tactics far beyond the rest of us as she set up a basic party layout.

 

[Okay next is Ver, please focus on taking out any flying enemies or anything hanging from the ceiling. To the right and left of her will be Argent and Urz, assist where needed but save your energy for the boss if at all possible, we'll need you higher damage attacks for that the most.] - Malaise

[Got it.] Veronica

[Y-Yeah.] - Urz

[It's only natural that I receive a position of such importance! Ohohohoho!] - Argent

 

Going down the line as she continued to set up the party she gave Urz and Argent the same position of being our major damage-dealers when we finally reached the nest. Argent's position was self-explanatory but we'd learned throughout the last few days that Urz was actually fairly competent with pinpoint magic attacks using water, her damage output actually being fairly close to the more aggressive Argent and her mastery of explosions.

 

[R-Right. Well last will be myself and Rose will bring up the rear. I'll be focusing on support for the most part but I may also give orders if the situation changes so keep your ears open. Any questions?] - Malaise

[...] - Everyone

 

Visibly unsure of how to respond to the characteristic arrogance of the human noble our leader magnanimously decided to ignore it with great effort, her changing the subject a sign that she was still a bit unsure of this newcomer to the group. Our collective silence to her question calmed her however as we stepped forward into the even deeper shadows of the opening before us.


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
40