Chapter 107: Ara Ara Boobie Spiders
1.3k 15 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So after the sudden surprise of the last chapter I decided to slow my role for a few chapters and put another surprise almost immediately in the form of a long awaited race, for both myself and many of my readers, one in particular. Ahem. Anyway we have a continuation of the previous chapter with our group of young students entering into battle with the one that made the webs within the cave as well as finally reaching the goal of this outing. More bath scenes! Just kidding it's more hot springs, which I guess might imply the same thing now that I think of it... Regardless I've decided to finally introduce a race that I strongly hinted existed in an earlier chapter. It's an Arachne if the title hadn't clued you in.

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Dwarven Settlement, Calidus Upper Reaches - Rose's POV -

After the "totally not a warning" from Annabelle our group was silent for the remainder of our progress other than some light reporting of other party banter. Our path, completely blocked by massive spider webs strewn about, only got harder as we progressed. Being careful to keep an eye on our surroundings we only ended up facing about a dozen Feronid's of varying sizes. The giant spiders, while massive by my previous world's standards, were apparently on the small size according to what Malaise remembered from her books so as a result we were starting to get a bit overconfident.

I say that because of what we're facing currently. 

Taking up nearly the entire chamber and surrounded by at least several hundred smaller Feronid's is a massive spider. Partially surrounded by what looks like eggs the massive specimen seemed to be in the middle of birthing when we turned the corner. Luckily catching ourselves before we were spotted by the hoard of creepy crawlies.

 

[S-So that's our target?] - Argent

[Of course it isn't! Why the hell would students be told to fight something like that?!?] - Karen

[Malaise?] - Rose

[U-Umm I think the one behind it is our actual target...] - Malaise

[Oh damn so this big... lady? ate our goal?!?] - Veronica

[G-Guys?!? It's looking at us!] - Urz

[...knows we're here.] - Shade

 

Quickly ducking behind a particularly large rock the first one to speak was a noticeably more pale Argent, her question echoing what the rest of us were thinking. No way would our teacher, or Annabelle for that matter, let us fight such a monster without much MUCH more training, if ever honestly speaking. What's the Death Game style classroom that you were thinking of that would allow for something that insane?!? Hah?!? Speak up!

Setting my fourth wall thoughts breaking aside I had to confirm that wasn't the case of course to which Malaise obviously shook her head, her own face competing with Argent's for the most pale complexion award. Unfortunately for us it seemed our target was actually the weakly struggling bundle of webbing behind the massive fuck-off spider currently focusing on pushing out more sticky looking eggs with single-minded determination. Silently whistling in awe at the size of what we could only assume was female considering it's current activity our resident pervert stuck her head around the rock we were currently hiding behind only for Urz, who was also looking around the big rock, to timidly shriek when the Feronid Matriarch turned all 8 of it's eyes towards our hiding place.

 

[Shoot! Change of plans! Urz, Argent and Rose will be our primary damage dealers, the rest of us will focus on clearing out the small fries and keeping the big one away from us! Ver, take out the eyes if you get the chance! If we get the option to retreat safely I'll yell!] - Malaise

[Got it!] - Everyone

[Run, this has gone beyond just a mere schoolwork assignment so I'll make sure each of you are safe by holding down the fort here while the Young Miss and her friends retreat! Go quickly!] - Annabelle

 

Taking charge as soon as we realized that we'd have to fight Malaise instantly realized that we wouldn't be able to run away fast enough while also fighting off the swarm of smaller Feronid's now charging towards us and while we could probably retreat to at least the tunnel so that the big one couldn't follow we wouldn't be able to fight effectively in such a small area. Seeing the sense in the new lineup those of us called on to take the damage dealing positions readied ourselves only for a familiar shadow to block our way.

Annabelle, her eyes burning with determination to protect me, "stood" between our group and the quickly approaching horde as she told us to run. One look at the numbers before us however told me that such an action would be suicidal...

 

[Quickly! I'll be fine! Go!] - Annabelle

[No!] - Rose

[R-Rose, please run.] - Annabelle

 

Waving us away as she materialized a massive greatsword my longtime maid and one of the first people I'd seen upon being born "stood" before the wave of monsters approaching us intending to sacrifice herself for ou- for MY sake. Was I okay with that? Was I okay running away and leaving one of the one's I care for to die while I was safe? No! Hell no! Giving up a loved one for my own life wasn't acceptable and, looking at the eyes of the people around me, none of them thought so either. Content that my decision wasn't a selfish one I loudly turned her down only for her face to fall, tears in her eyes, as she begged me to run. Don't give me that look like you think you're going to watch me die. Screw that!

 

[I don't think so Ms. Maid, we won't let you sacrifice yourself just to save our skins. Right guys?] - Karen

[Of course not!] - Malaise

[W-We'll run together or n-not at all!] - Urz

[Getting a harem for saving everyone sounds like a blast so I'm game!] - Veronica

[...like the maid.] - Shade

 

Hardening my determination as I moved to Annabelle's side it seemed like Karen was on the same page as me as she moved to her other side while admonishing her. The agreements from the rest of us surprising even me despite two of us having just joined our group recently. I'd really have to tell those two the whole story when we made it back for this.

 

[E-Everyone?!? That's all the more reason for you to run!] - Annabelle

[Give it up Ms. Maid, plus I don't think those spiders care one way or another whether we run, they aren't waiting.] - Karen

 

Growing more frantic as we each took a place beside the panicking maid Karen once again called attention to the fact that it was too late to run regardless as the horde of spiders finally reached us.


- Dwarven Settlement, Calidus Upper Reaches - Annabelle's POV -

I am so proud of the Young Miss. She was thrust into an unfamiliar life with new parents, on a new world and with no warning. The little that she's talked about her previous life has told me that it wasn't the greatest but regardless she has come so far from when she was first confronted about her Status. At the time I'd been confused as to why such a young child could possibly be a reincarnator. I'd always heard that only humans could reincarnate and while the source of that was always from the Church of Light I'd never heard of any credible instances of non-human reincarnation so I'd just taken it for granted that it wasn't possible until that point. Even making the jump that this young charge of mine, this strange little baby that would stare at any adults around it, was something more than just a strange child was incomprehensible.

My life after leaving the Queen's Adventuring Party had been a violent one. After several years of acting as a mercenary I'd somehow gotten chosen to fill up a party with two different Royals plus a future Dutchess and after leaving said party and becoming friends with some of the most powerful people in the world I couldn't go back to a sellsword life like I'd been living beforehand. Luckily I'd impressed the Former Queen enough that she'd hired me to fill one of the positions of Blackguard that secretly protected the Royal Family beside the Queensguard. I'd spend the next few years guarding the then-Princess, now-Queen as she grew into adulthood. I'd watch her successfully woo the envoy of the Dragons and even watch her as she cried when her mother died. I was there for everything she went through but it wouldn't last.

Several years into my job as a Blackguard I watched as the Queen gave her husband the news that she was pregnant and then watched as he subsequently told her that he was leaving and would most likely never return. I was there through her sadness as she increasingly turned towards her Queensguard that could comfort her in person rather than watching over her and I yearned for that type of relationship. One that I could never have as a Blackguard, one who must not be seen.

So I left. Giving up my position that I'd earned as a General in the Blackguard I told the Queen that I wanted to search for something else. The Queen, still in mourning over the loss of her husband, nevertheless recommended me to another person that I recognized. The Dutchess Lily, now taken over her mother's position, had recently married and needed a bodyguard for her coming child. Having nowhere else to go I accepted.

And now, nearly 7 years after becoming this child's protector, I'm more proud than I've ever been. 

When we'd come upon the Feranid Matriarch giving birth I'd immediately realized that we wouldn't be able to hide ourselves for long. The monster was too powerful and had too great perception for our noisy group to stay hidden. Realizing that I'd have to sacrifice myself at the very least for the Young Miss and her friends to safely run I still told them to leave without hesitation. If the Young Mi- no, if Rose could have a long and happy life from my sacrifice it was well worth it.

At least that was the plan.


- Dwarven Settlement, Calidus Upper Reaches - Rose's POV -

[Take out the front right leg! It's exposed!] - Malaise

[On it!] - Rose

 

Firing several ice lances at the joints on the massive spider leg as it was brought up to swipe at our group caused the Feronid Matriarch to rear back in pain as the massive leg the width of a tree trunk shook the ground. Successfully ripping apart the flesh holding the massive leg together we lightly celebrated as the smaller spiders in it's path were crushed below the massive weight of the falling limb. Immediately realizing that we had no time to celebrate as the giant Feronid turned it's rage-filled eyes on us I shot off several more ice spikes at the now more wary spider.

 

[Pay attention! Now's when it gets truly dangerous! I'll take care of the rest of the legs! Distract it for me!] - Annabelle

[RAAAAAAGH!] - Feronid Matriarch

 

Mildly astonished at how fluidly Annabelle was interacting with our group I was even more astonished as my personal maid vanished in a push of black smoke only for the giant spider to roar in pain once more as another of it's legs was separated from it's body, the distant form of Annabelle covered in green goo told me that she'd been the one to inflict that injury.

 

[Woah! That's so cool!] - Karen

[Hah Hah! No time for admiration! Focus on keeping the little ones away!] - Malaise

[Got it boss lady!] - Karen

 

Pausing to admire the slowly falling limb Karen was admonished by the one overseeing everything as she gasped for breath while casting yet another buff to our frontliners Karen, Shade and Veronica. Urz, Argent and myself were focusing our efforts entirely on keeping the boss of all these little ones too occupied to realize that our teammates were under it's giant body and as such we had no way of keeping an eye on everything else that was going on. Letting off another string of ice lances I didn't even bother chanting anything as I did so, not only was it stupid to do so while in such a life or death situation I'd also long since decided to trust the two next to me that were doing there best to chant as fast as they could. The looks of disbelief they'd intitially given me long since given way to a hardened determination as they focused on keeping up with me as much as they possibly could.

 

[W-Water Cutter!] - Urz

[Explosion!] - Argent

[RAAAAAAAAGH!] - Feronid Matriarch

[Watch out it's charging!] - Annabelle

 

Cutting halfway through another leg with Urz's spell that leg was finished off when Argent blasted the barely hanging on limb with an explosion, bringing yet another leg down as more of the smaller spiders were crushed by the falling limb.

The Feronid Matriarch, obviously pissed off that these tiny bugs were giving her such trouble, ignored the pain from her most recent injury and instead forced herself towards the source of her pain. Those annoying bugs would be crushed underfoot so that she could protect her brood!

Unfortunately for the Feronid it would never get that chance as it took only a few steps, shuttered, and collapsed, it's last thoughts being it's desparation to protect it's babies.

 

[Ara Ara? I came to see who was making so much noise so close by to my home and what do I see but a few surface dwellers where they don't belong. What say you surface dweller, why are you down here? And why can you use magic without chanting?] - ???

 

Shocked stiff at the suddenness of what had just happened I found myself stiffening up for another reason as a blade was suddenly pressed against my throat, the mildly seductive voice questioning me beside my ear doing nothing to lessen the tension as multiple women came out of several tunnels around us. These women, quickly surrounding our group with several splitting off to chase off the scattering horde of Feronids, had a spider bottom half.


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
39