Chapter 128: Family Reunion
783 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So this chapter has been in the works for a while now. As both the start of a new arc as well as a bit of a release from some of the high-tension events of recent chapters we have another kyuut one instead. Rose's desire for a little one to dote on is probably the most adorable part of her character outside of her general embarrassment around doing anything cutesy. It's also one of my favorites since I myself love doting on cute things, probably why I'd make a bad parent, I'm too soft and would immediately fold when they started sniffling. Either way I'm happy to begin the fluff in a major way!

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Ligera Province Capital Building - Rose's POV -

The next week passed quickly with our class settling into a regular training period, this time in less dangerous areas of the city's surroundings. My groups disappearance had apparently prompted an all-out manhunt as soon as they realized that we were missing. Our testing area, while far for those of us that didn't know the area, was only an hour or so away from the city to the scouts that knew the land. What they'd found had pushed the search into overdrive apparently since the only thing left was a bunch of dead spiders and evidence of an enormous fight. I guess the Arachne had removed a large amount of the dead so to anyone searching it seemed like we'd been taken back to another nest or something similar. Luckily, we'd shown ourselves before the issue went too far to be recovered as there had been preparations to march a literal army down the tunnels in search of us. The likely war this would have sparked with the Arachne was a sobering thought. 

Anyways, we'd finally finished our 2-week long training camp that was meant to keep us away from the city and headed back to school. Or at least that was the plan. What had actually happened was we'd been informed that we'd be given another week to spend with our families in light of the traumatic events as well as to allow for more time to rebuild essential infrastructure. I guess King Nero had spent a large amount out of his own personal coffers to help in rebuilding and apparently even his last remaining child, the Princess Elizabet, had shown herself at the site of the worst damage. Plans were even being made for expanding the Arena itself to house a monument of the tragedy and those that gave their lives to stop it, personally funded by the Princess of course. It seemed that, since she was now the only heir left, the Royal family was doing everything they could to raise her popularity.

And apparently, it'd worked. Even here, with my family in Ligera, there had been mentions of the altruism of the Kings youngest and only remaining child. Politics are politics whichever world they occur on, I guess.

 

[You know you won't be able to feel anything yet?] - Lily

[I know but I keep hoping that I'll pick up something, anything from my adorable... sister? She'll be a girl, right?] - Rose

[Most probably. Even with my genes at play it's still likely a girl.] - Robert

[OH! Well, when will we know?!?] - Rose

[Pardon me for the interruption but you seemed troubled on how to answer Master Robert. As for your question Young Miss, midwives won't be able to tell the gender of the Eggling till The Laying, when the first phase of development is done.] - Annabelle

[Oh?!? And when is that?!?] - Rose

[Hahahaha! It won't be for some time yet I'm afraid. As excited as you are though I'm sure the time will pass before you know it.] - Lily

 

I felt myself deflate a little from the unwelcome news. I'd been given a brief description of how Lamia gestation happened by Annabelle while travelling to the Ligera Province and it was a bit different than expected. I'd expected something more similar to snakes considering my own birth and the egg I came from, but the actual truth was more complicated. Karen, of course, had a conniption fit when she heard, she'd come with me since she had nowhere else to go.

Long story short was that we had a considerable amount of time until the actual birth though. According to Annabelle, through the constant interruptions from Karen as she demanded more in-depth explanations, after impregnation the baby will first go through a period of growth until it reaches a certain size, generally at around 3-6 months. At which point an egg, formed out of previously flimsy wall around it, will harden over several months. After hardening the mother will then go through something called The Laying, which is exactly what it sounds like, after which the Eggling will go through another, generally longer, period of growth, generally 5-9 months, until it is strong enough to break out of the egg itself. When asked why there was such a large range of time for development, by Karen, we'd been told that the entire process was extremely sensitive to temperature because of our nature. Which brought on a whole other rant about never being told we were cold-blooded before. Of course, Karen piped in about that probably not being entirely the case because of our size but the point went completely over my head when she started off on a tangent about Dinosaurs and thermal equilibrium. I've got a smart ex and future g-girlfriend.

 

[Oh? Oho?!? Is someone getting some thoughts about their own children?] - Lily

[What?!? I won't have anything like that yet! Not until you're 10 at the very earliest!] - Robert

[N-No! I wasn't thinking... about that...] - Rose

[Is family time over? Oh? What's with the blush? Thinking of something dirty?] - Karen

 

Feeling a blush light up my face that unfortunately didn't pass unnoticed I heated up even more when a teasing voice was directed my way. And, with the timing of a Romcom, the subject of my embarrassing crimson glow came in only to also join in on the teasing. How much she knew of the reasons behind my embarrassment was lost to the bustle that followed her entrance, but I could've sworn that I caught her directing a knowing smirk my way. Oh, she definitely knew.


- Ligera Province Capital City Janis, Several Hours Later - Rose's POV -

How did I find myself here? On second, I was doting on my future little sister. Mostly by cooing while stroking Momma's stomach, ignoring the complicated looks pointed my way. The next I was being ushered out into the surrounding city, being dragged by my adorable purple slime girl Karen. W-Wasn't this a d-date?!?

 

[Okay now that I've dragged you away from your cute little obsession with babies, I have everything planned out for our date!] - Karen

[D-D-D-Date?!? Wait but I-!] - Rose

[No but's, except maybe the fine one attached to you. Anyways I have somewhere I want you to see, let's a go!] - Karen

 

I-It was a date! Ahhhhh!


- Ligera Province Capital City Janis, Antaheen Waterfall A Few Minutes Later - Rose's POV -

[Woah! This is...?

[Beautiful right? Not as much as you are but...] - Karen

 

The view was incredible. After dragging me away from the capital building and dropping the bombshell that she was taking me on a date I'd then been manhandled, snakehandled?, into following her to somewhere she'd apparently discovered while touring the city. It was the sound that first caught my attention. Starting at a dull rumble that shook the ground it quickly grew until the all-encompassing roar vibrated the very earth with its fury. It was only once the sound was loud enough to drown out most other noises that we finally saw the thing that was making it. And enormous waterfall, endlessly tumbling into a bottomless pit that I would later find out was rumored to be connected with the Labyrinth City nearly 100 miles away.

 

[M-Me?!? F-Flattery will get you nowhere. It is beautiful though...] - Rose

[Heh. <Looks like flattery is pretty effective to me but sure...>] - Karen

[What was that?] - Rose

[Nothing. Anyways I wonder where the water's going. None of the locals seemed to know when I asked earlier outside of superstition. Something about connecting to the realm of the dead.] - Karen

[Oh?] - Rose

[There's a story from long ago about a man that lost his beloved to a jealous King. He went on a long journey of revenge for her and, after he was finished, he returned to find that the King's men had sacked the city while he was away. In his misery he approached the edge of the chasm to end his life, but his dead beloved spoke from the abyss and told him to live on. He went on to become the very first independent King of this land before his line was ended by the Church. Some of the old people nearby told me when I asked earlier. Although I scared most of them off at first cause of... well you know.] - Karen

 

Feeling a glow growing inside me when I was called beautiful, I felt my face glow a nearly florescent bright red as I immediately turned into a tsundere. What's worse is I knew exactly how I sounded and that I was fooling no one.

Changing the subject seemed to work though as, against all odds as well as after rolling her eyes, my slime girl started talking about the fairy tale surrounding this marvel of nature. Although considering that we were quite literally in a world where magic, demons, and gods exist I wouldn't be surprised if the story had a bit more truth to it than I'd guess if we were on Earth.

 

[Well, I think you're cute and not scary at all!] - Rose

[Oh? You think I'm cute? Why don't you... tell me aaaaall about that.] - Karen

[U-Umm! W-Well I-] - Rose

 

Noticing the slightly upset look as Karen gestured to her current body, I found myself imagining exactly what had happened when this world's inhabitants had seen the human-shaped slime. Even now, with it apparent that she was obviously welcome considering the inaction of the nearby guards as well as our own escort, the surrounding crowd was giving us an absolutely massive berth. I only noticed too late that her sadness had been, at least mostly, a trap, as the slight frown turned into a gleefully smug grin.

 

[W-Wait! Not in-] - Rose

[Not gonna wait... Thanks for the meal.] - Karen

[Oh! There you are Young Miss! I was sent to bring you back to the Master and Mistress, apparently the Arachne have finally sent their first envoy and they want you present when they arrive.] - Annabelle

[Tch!] - Karen

[Oh, thank the Gods! Ahem! S-So the e-envoy? Weren't they going to be meeting Auntie Laura in the castle?] - Rose

[You are correct; however, the Queen still wishes for you to attend via Image Stone. You'll be beside the Royal Family during the first official negotiation as the person that actually made contact.] - Annabelle

 

Phew! Saved by the bell. Or rather the enormous 25 foot long Big-Sister type Lamia. I had been close, really close, to simply giving in. Honestly, I'd been thinking of dating Karen for a while now but what had held me back was the thought of our last relationship. I knew how Karen felt about men, knew more than anybody else, and I didn't want her attraction to me to be only physical. Although even that was an excuse. I knew that. I was scared. Scared that our relationship would be like those many that she'd had over the years, a tempest of sex and emotion and then... nothing. On top of that was the incessant shyness that had plagued me with my rejuvenated body. At this point I was fully a new person, yes, I had the experiences of my old self but I felt less and less concerned with my old life with each day that passed. I was, for all intents and purposes, Rose de la Amchier. Unfortunately for any massive, unspecified crush I may have that also came with the complete and utter awkwardness of what was essentially a 12 year old. I literally didn't know what to do with all these chaotic emotions.

Which is why the interruption of my caretaker and surrogate Big Sister as well as personal maid Annabelle was a welcome relief. One that I was all too willing to use to avoid confronting my exploding emotions. I-I could do this right?


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
32