Chapter 163: Fade to Black
600 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
FINALLY! I finally got to a natural point for Karen and Rose to get together! I waited for this long after the arc cause doing it in a way that took away from the arc itself wasn't working out, but this was just all sorts of sugar-filled cuteness!

As you may have noticed, I didn't actually write the lewd scene. Well, after some practice with my two lewd novels I've realized that I'm not exactly cut out for writing full-on sex scenes. Cute moment, lewd stuff that doesn't go too far, and general flirting are fine, but explicit sex is not something I'm super comfortable writing apparently. Sorry about that.

I have something major planned for the next chapter FYI so look forward to that, otherwise... Enjoy!

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! I'm also pushing to get up to 10 chapters ahead of the Public Release so please support me as long as it will not negatively affect you! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Eastern Abelis, Iacobus City, Governor’s Office – Rose's POV –

We won. The battle, if you could call it that, was surprisingly easy. The beginning of the battle had been difficult, we were trying to assault an already entrenched force that was motivated to hold us off for as long as possible. Our first charge failed to break through the defensive line and later ones only succeeded in whitling away our forces further. It did do one thing though; it distracted the forces encircling the city enough for them to barely pay attention to the city itself.

We hadn’t been able to actually reach the governor through image stone before the battle but, seeing our forces occupy the Church’s siege, the remaining defenders took advantage to hit them from behind, breaking the encirclement. After that it was a simple matter to split the force in two as we were able to outmaneuver them. Only 3 hours into the battle they suddenly retreated, their force smaller by nearly a third. Even so it still seemed too fast to me, almost like something else made them retreat so quickly.

[We are pleased to welcome the legendary savior of Trilight, I’ve heard about your accomplishments of course but I never expected to meet the man behind them in person! The whole city shall have a parade and a banquet to celebrate!] - Governor Maior

[...right. Governor Maior, we should be working on repairs for your defenses. We have reason to believe that there are reinforcements only a few days away. It is not the time to celebrate, there will be time enough for that after we’ve driven off the Church forces. First things first we need to-] - Prince Arlen

[Pardon the interruption Your Highness but you have a message from General Lewis coming through, they’ve beaten back the forces sieging the pass and are sending reinforcements here. He urgently requests your presence.] - Commander Perala

The governor, a sniveling little fat worm, had welcomed us to the city with little fanfare. At least at first.

Almost as if he wasn’t super happy about our presence at all the man had forced our army to wait outside for several hours after we’d broken the siege, despite the need for medical care for many of our soldiers. Even now the majority of our forces were camped outside the 3 gates of the city, passively using our forces as their own security. It was both baffling and insulting, almost like he wanted to lose the city to the Church.

On top of that I, and the rest of the commanding officers, were barely acknowledged by the city official when we finally were let in. I wasn’t one to be vain and narcissistic but the way he heaped praise on Arlen while ignoring everyone else rubbed me the wrong way. His gleaming, greedy, eyes that looked upon those of us that weren’t more human-shaped with disgust only made my dislike even stronger as a quick shake of Annabelle’s head stopped me from calling the bureaucratic bigot out on his bullshit! Weren’t we all on the same side?!?

[I see. Tell the General that I’ll be there at once. I’m sorry to cut this short Governor but it seems that duty calls. My troops will move inside the city walls for the night and at least for the next few weeks while we wait for reinforcements from the General. You have a good night.] - Prince Arlen

[I-But?!?] - Governor Maior

[The Young Miss and I will take our leave as well Governor, have a wonderful evening. I requisitioned a hotel room for you my Lady, please follow me.] - Annabelle

[Governor.] - Captain Janice

Ah...! Goddess, that was satisfying! The red-faced sputtering of a man that has lost control and has no idea how to regain it nourishes my vicarious feelings of unrequited rage at Karen’s in my past life. After all these years I’ve forgotten most meme’s circulating the internet but hate for the self-entitled middle-aged women that bitch about nothing stuck with me to this day. If I remember right my adorable slime used to revel in annoying those bitches that shared her name, literally one of her favorite public drama to get involved in. Speaking of which...


- Eastern Abelis, Iacobus City, Nearby Cafe – Karen's POV –

I was on a date! Yeah sure, it seemed like an odd time to go out for a romantic evening with my beautiful snek waifu but the threat of imminent death made me a bit more... aware... of how little time I had left. That giant bastard dragon that Rose had told me about was nearly here! And I hadn’t progressed beyond a bit of handholding and a few kisses... Over literal years!!!

Ahem! Anyway, tonight I’d change that. I had it all worked out. A bit of food, some flirting. A bit of wine, some flirting. A walk through the surprisingly undamaged park in the center of town, even more flirting! By the end of the night Rose would be eating out of my hand. Or eating out something a bit lower, if you know what I mean... Heh!

[Thank you for your patronage, please enjoy your meal.] - Waitress

[Ah... yes... we will.] - Rose

[Hehehehe! So cute!] - Karen

[S-Stop it!] - Rose

A little touch here, a touch there. Maybe a bit of “under the table” groping to get her riled up. Yep! I still had game!

Winking to the red-faced waitress that served us I noticed her whispering to one of her coworkers, the two of them glancing back at our table every once in a while. We weren’t the only patrons, there were a few other people here and there in the restaurant. But the siege had taken a toll on the businesses within the walls. Despite it being only a few weeks of fighting the food stores of the city were at their limit. In fact, technically speaking, most of the food within the city was supplies that we had brought with us, the rest of it from the literal army of merchants that had poured into the city behind us, almost immediately after the siege was broken. I’d seen a few merchants here and there on our march, some following behind us as they serviced the soldiers, but the amount of basic goods and food that was brought in the swarm of frantic capitalism was astounding. I was actually a bit impressed by the networking abilities of these travelling merchants to know exactly the moment when to come to the city without putting themselves in the middle of the fighting.

Either way it meant that the food we were eating was technically probably our own. Not that I had any money woes considering Rose was paying for all of us while we were at war. Not exactly a position I was used to but one that I didn’t mind if it meant I could use it as leverage to get Rose all to myself for a bit.

[S-S-So you-u wanted to talk with me about s-something?] - Rose

[Yeah. I did.] - Karen

So cute!!!

Her nervous glances as she looked around, the way that she made sure to keep her eyes above my translucent lower body, it was all hinting that she knew what was coming. Even the audience, those people who likely had never seen a sentient slime nor even a Lamia close-up, were reduced to blushing messes as I kneeled down on... well at least made my gloopy lower body look like I was on one knee.

I wasn’t sure it had the intended effect at first but discounted that after seeing Rose become even more panicked.

[W-W-W-What are you-] - Rose

[Rose. I’ve known you all of this life, and most of the last. You helped me overcome my bigoted parents when I came out, despite it meaning that we had to break up extremely publicly. You kept being my friend even after that, taking me into your home, treating my like a friend even though we both knew that you still had feelings for me. You never treated me differently.

Even when we met again in this world, when I became... this... you never stopped treating me like a friend. You have no idea how much your presence has meant to me all these years. When I thought I lost you... I... I...] - Karen

[Kare Kare...] - Rose

I had to finish, I had to. Pushing through the tears that threatened to well up, I continued.

[I’m okay, I’m okay.

...I agreed with Master Lao Shi to follow after you because I had nothing to live for without you there, I had no reason to go on. Without you I... I’m not... me. I love you Rose, I love you more than anything in my life. I love you more than my family that abandoned me. I love you more than every girlfriend I’ve ever had. I love you... no matter what form you are in. Although this one is a lot more pleasant to look at than the last one. Heh.

Will you... Will you go out with me?] - Karen

There. I said it. I’d been fully ready to jump into a relationship with Rose right after I’d found her all those years ago. I’d been raring to go to be honest. But now, now it felt more serious. Like it was more impactful.

It wasn’t just a physical attraction. Nor was it a lingering affection for Austin. Rose was a different person than Austin had been. Yes, she shared many things with Austin, her basic personality was similar to his. But she had become her own person, separate from Austin, over the years. I’d seen her grow into herself even since we’d reunited and grown to love Rose even more than I had Austin. It did help that she was attractive as all hell, and I’d worried several times that I was only interested because of that, but I truly did love her. More than anything.

[I... I’ve loved you for my entire life. Even after we broke up when I was Austin, I still loved you. I loved you enough to be friends regardless of my feelings for you. I’ve grown a lot since I came to this world. I’ve changed. But one thing that never has, is my feelings for you. Of course I’ll go out with you. I love you, Karen, and always will.] - Rose


- Eastern Abelis, Somewhere in the Woods – Undercover Spy's POV –

It had been over a day since we abandoned our siege of Iacobus. The battle had not been going our way nearly from the start, which made sense since we had to surround the city to keep them from attacking us from behind. A few well-placed words to lower ranking officers, and a bit of alcohol to sabotage discipline, and that consideration had been fully rendered moot.

Men that only think with the brain between their legs were easily motivated into doing stupid things. And, luckily for me, all of those I had manipulated with a sweet word into doing such stupid things had lost their lives in the doing, silencing any witnesses to my maneuvers.

So, I found myself trudging alongside a suitably angry commander, keeping my face in a perpetual frown to disguise my joy at the fat man’s suffering.

[Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! What in God’s name is that fool, Jacobs, doing?!? He comes in all arrogant and full of himself and immediately gets himself killed and half his damnable army destroyed in a gods damned siege?!? That fool!] - Commander Devotion

[Sir, our scouts have reported that the remaining forces of the late Lord Jacobs have retreated back into Church-controlled territory. We’ve received orders to take command of them.] - Unnamed Captain

[Ahahahahaha! So, is that fool’s loss my gain? Fantastic! I- Ah!] - Commander Devotion

Half a day ago I’d managed to sabotage the carriage that this fat bastard had been riding, forcing us to leave the broken wagon behind. Luckily, for both my amusement as well as for distracting any that might find my relatively untouched appearance suspicious. There was one negative to such a thing however... It was extremely difficult to contain my laughter when the physically inept military man tripped over his own feet and dove face first into a mud puddle.

I still had to keep up with appearances, however.

[Ah! My love! Are you okay?!?] - Beatrice

[I’m fine! Stop fussing over me!!! Ahem! M-My Beatrice! Can’t we stop for the day? We’ve already come this far and I’m craving your loving arms!] - Commander Devotion

Ah... This bastard’s clingy mode... I hate it when he gets like this. Sure, it makes him even easier to manipulate but forcing myself not to vomit at his attention took everything I had. Even more, doing this in public only served to make him look more the fool, which was bad for his long-term use as an asset. It did increase my own trustworthiness however if used correctly...

[I apologize my love, only a little longer and we’ll be able to be together! I only want to be sure that you are safe! Will you do this for me?] - Beatrice

[But I don’t wa- Ahem! A good suggestion Beatrice, we’ll continue for a little longer and look for a good place to camp for the night.] - Commander Devotion

Seemingly realizing that his officers were looking at him in disgust he suddenly straightened up, doing his best to seem dignified despite the mud still clinging to his expensive uniform. I noticed a few glares also pointed in my direction, but most remained directed towards the man behind this forced march. It might be time to see about using that backup plan that I had in mind...


- Eastern Abelis, Iacobus City, Hotel, Next Day – Rose's POV –

Last night was amazing! I had no idea someone could make me feel like that! I’d been nervous because it was my first time but, by the end of the night, I’d been left a squirming mess by my beautiful slime girlfriend!

More than that though, I just felt so... connected to Kare Kare. I wasn’t a virgin, or at least my previous self wasn’t, but this was something beyond just mere sex. It was like I was emotionally connected with Kare Kare on a deeper level than words can explain.

I was still blown away.

[First time?] - Karen

[Oh, shut up, you know it isn’t! Or is it? Sort of?] - Rose

[Hehehe! Good to see I haven’t lost my skills after so long. I can still melt minds with the best of them. Hell, I think I might even be better than before!] - Karen

[MmmHmm...] - Rose

[You’re no slouch yourself, that thing you did with your tongue-] - Karen

[I-I-Isn't it about time to get up!] - Rose

AHHHHHHHHH! Embarrassment filled me at her words. Sure, I still felt floaty, like my body was made of partially melted wax, but I was paying enough attention for shame to fill me at her compliment. I-I did such depravity?!?

[Huh? Oh, you’re right. I hadn’t even realized the sun was up. Wait, does that mean we lasted the entire night?!? Fuck yeah!!!] - Karen

[K-Kare Kare! G-Get yourself cleaned u-] - Rose

I froze in place, Karen was still completely naked, as always, but something about her hit different today than it normally did. Luckily, she didn’t seem to realize my dazed state and, after celebrating something that I knew had been on her bucket list since we were young, she instantly cleaned herself off using some slime bullshit that made me instantly jealous.

My own sticky, sweat-covered, body was a different story though, so I turned to take a dip in the bath, my face still fluorescent red with the knowledge of why I needed to clean up.

I-I hope momma and papa are okay with me marrying Karen...


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh, and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
10