Chapter 4 – The Slave Crisis
280 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"T, stop here."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

After stopping at a certain distance from the camp, Sid walked out of the vehicle. 

He then walked towards the slave camp.

"Shit?"

While walking, he stepped on what seems to be human stool. A thick liquid stool to be precise.

Thankfully, he still had his exosuit on, so he didn't step on the stool while barefoot.

"Urgggh!!!"

He almost vomitted from the smell.

'Who'd take a shit in the middle of nowhere? There were definitely outhouses on the slave camp.'

After that, he quickly ran back to the vehicle and sprayed water to clean the feet part of his exosuit.

He then quickly picked up pace towards the slave camp again.

The closer he got to the slave camp, the smellier it got.

'What the fuck is this? Why is there so much shit on the ground?'

Literal human stool were everywhere. There were even some vomits here and there.

Because he couldn't take it anymore, he unfolded his exosuit's helmet. The helmet had an air filter on it, so he was finally safe from the smell.

'What caused this shit? No, literally.'

He searched for people, but they were not around.

But then, he heard some voices coming from the warehouse used to keep the slaves.

"What the hell?!"

What he found was sick people laying around everywhere. Some were taking a dump, some were puking.

'What actually happened here? What caused all of this?'

While Sid was thinking about the cause of all of it, someone called to him.

"Hey you, help me, please...."

That person stupefied Sid.

"...."

The one who called to him was one of the slaves who were laying down helplessly. The slave looked as if he had his life sucked out of him.

"Tell me, what happened here."

"I... don't know... it just suddenly happened a few days ago...."

"What happened a few days ago?"

"It spread... we became sick.... one by one..."

After saying that, the slave had become too tired to talk anymore, and he then went back to resting.

'Oh yeah, I had a scanner installed on my eye. I used it on those fruits earlier, so I should be able to scan these people too.'

Sid then scanned the slave he had just talked to.

'Salmonella? Is this world Earth? No, this might be a parallel world, so there must be similarities.'

As he scanned more and more people, it had come apparent that it was Salmonella.

'Salmonella can spread by food and water, so these people probably got infected that way.'

'If I don't do anything, these people would be dead. I don't want to feel guilty for not helping these people. My friends are probably infected too.'

Deciding not to waste time anymore, he contacted T through a built-in communicator inside of his exosuit's helmet.

"T, prepare me the vaccine kit."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

When he was inside the vehicle just an hour ago, he decided to transfer all the knowledge of the features of T. One of the hundreds of features was a vaccine kit.

As the name explains, it's a kit used to make vaccines. It uses nanobots to reconfigure a virus or a disease bacteria, into a vaccine.

While it might sound hard, the current technology of the original world had gone to such lengths. Making it easier to produce vaccines.

Without wasting more time, Sid lifted up the slave that was resting and ran to the vehicle while carrying him.

Since the exosuit boosts the wearer's physical strength to the limit, Sid reached the vehicle in no time.

"T, sterilize this guy's body first before sampling his blood."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

"On second thought, sterilize me too. My suit's dirty from carrying him."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

Because his original self was a human being from an advanced world, he did not like getting dirty. 

Not only that, merging personalities with the Elf only amplified it. It's probable to say that he became a germophobe.

Just a couple of minutes later, the sterilization spray was done.

"So T, what do I have to do now?"

He was almost clueless on what to do.

While he knew that in order to make a vaccine, he needed to get a blood sample, he didn't know what to do next as it wasn't his area of expertise.

"SUGGESTING THE CAPTAIN TO USE A MEMORY CHIP."

'Oh yeah, let's do that. I did use it earlier to modify the vehicle.'

The memory chips can be used for a lot of things. 

People of 21st century Earth might ask why they didn't just send the info through some sort of signal receiver, but the people of the 22nd century would know that it causes brain damage.

Experiments have been done, and all of them had the same results. Directly sending information through signals into the human brain would cause serious damage.

That was why people stuck to the analog way and used memory chips to insert information. Plus, memory chips are non-permanent. After removing the memory chip, the user would only remember the info as if they skimmed an article once.

They will remember certain parts, but only the gist of those certain parts.

It can be said that using memory chips is similar to when students cram as much info as possible at the night before their exam day. After the exam, they will most probably not even remember the topics they crammed.

"Alright, give me the chip, T."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

After inserting the chip, all the knowledge and instructions needed were entering Sid's brain.

"Uwoooooh!!"

The sensation felt when inserting a memory chip would vary between people. However, most would say that it felt like a moment of epiphany, with an added sensation of orgasm.

Yes, you heard that right.

That was why memory chips were highly regulated. As people sometimes get addicted to using it.

"Now then, let's start making the vaccine."

He then entered the lab part of the vehicle, and started getting the blood sample. 

The slave was already sedated before the sterilization, so he wasn't panicking. After all, being brought to an alien place, getting sterilized, and then getting your blood sampled by an unknown person would normally make you scared for your life.

"O~kay, now that that's done.... T, where's the vaccine kit?"

"HERE."

"Thanks."

Sid then proceeded to do all the steps required to make the Salmonella vaccine.

All in all, it took around an hour, as the bacteria was already a known one.

8