Chapter 5 – The Feats of Advanced Technology
210 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having died from a disease himself, Sid had an irrational hate towards diseases.

During the first few days after the memory transplant, he had injected himself a dose of nanobots out the fear and hatred of getting infected by a disease.

The nanobots that were injected, were of the medical kind, they destroy harmful microorganisms and substances that enter the user's body, and also help the user in healing injuries.

Of course, these nanobots were expensive. Even in his old universe, the few who could buy them were the rich. Fortunately, there were a couple of doses that were brought with T. As expected from a special expedition.

Currently, Sid was running wild.

After managing to succesfully create the vaccine, and mass-producing it for the slaves. He remembered the times when he was sick for months and later died. The agony, pain, and suffering he felt.

Thus, he got heated more and more, until his rage exploded.

Channeling his rage, one by one, the slaves were getting their vaccine administered.

"Fucking piece of shit Salmonella."

All the slaves could hear while getting their vaccine administered, were the curse words coming out of Sid's mouth.

Sid also knew that they had to be given other medical care, as their bodies were malnourished. So he brought T with him, he couldn't care anymore.

At first, the slaves were panicking and screaming at the sight of the gigantic robot vehicle picking them up with its robot tentacles. But after an hour, they were used to it, seeing as the people it picked up before were fine.

T handled these slaves by cleaning them up first, as they were very dirty from excretions. Then, T proceeded to lay them on a clean mat and administered them an IV infusion.

The whole process took 3 hours.

Having said that, something wasn't adding up for Sid.

'Where are my friends? And these people are not even half of the camp.'

When counting every slave that were in the camp before the Navy Alliance left, these sick people only amounted to 40% of them. The Navy Alliance of course didn't take any of them, so where could the other 60% go?

That was what Sid was thinking for the whole day. Being stumped, he decided to leave it for another day.

It was now currently night. 

After everything that's been done, he was tired, physically and mentally. The exosuit didn't exactly help reduce the physical tiredness, as he didn't have a physically trained body.

After taking care of his fellow brethren, the slaves, he didn't do much and just watched some movies inside of the vehicle.

"Bahahaha. Fucking stupid."

He was watching an old movie from the 21st century, except for him, it was a new one.

While he did get reincarnated into the 22nd century, there was a lot of stuff that he missed, one of them being movies and video games.

Apparently, the previous captain had a hobby of collecting retro things.

And luckily for Sid, the previous captain stored around 3 petabytes worth of entertainment from the 21st century.

The previous captain stored it in a hard drive that was actually inside of Sid's escape pod, and Sid found it at that time when T took the damaged escape pod apart for the parts.

It was totally a coincidence.

Sid even thought that he had accidentally killed the previous captain by taking his personal escape pod. But he soon decided to ignore that thought.

The entertainment hard drive had many folders in it, which consisted of video games, movies, shows, and many more.

It was truly a blessing for Sid.

After watching the movie, he found a 1 petabyte suspicious "Homework" folder.

Yep, it was that type of entertainment. The adult kind.

Now that it was around 1 a.m. according to the vehicle's clock, he decided to do some "Stuff" before going to bed.

"Eh, why not...."

T was there with Sid, but he didn't care since T was just an emotionless AI. So he did what most boys do after opening the "Homework" folder.

....

"Huaaaaahm..."

It was morning already. He slept like a log, and was woken up by the alarm he had set up.

It was currently noon.

"CAPTAIN SID, GOOD MORNING."

"Yeah yeah..."

Although it was already noon, T still greeted him like it was morning. He sometimes wonder if T has its own opinion and thoughts like the androids on Earth.

Although androids were the minority on Earth, they still had a fairly large population.

They were introduced to society around the time when the intergalactic industrial revolution started happening.

As Sid was still sleepy and was considering if he should go back to sleep, T suddenly alerted him.

"CAPTAIN, THE DRONES HAVE RETURNED."

"Well, that was quick. I thought it would take a month or so. T, give me a summary of what they found."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

T then began summarizing the discoveries.

It was true, this world was similar to Sid's original world. It was a planet within a universe.

Although it's not clear yet, there were 4 large landmasses that exist in this world. We can safely assume that they are continents, but without researching more, it's still not confirmed.

Other than those 4 'continents', there were thousands of smaller landmasses. Those were of course, considered as islands.

The size of this world was apparently around the same size as Earth, diameter-wise.

Going by Sid's Elf self, this world was called, Gaia. Which is pretty ironic considering Earth's alternative name was Gaia.

Currently, T has made a world map from the drone's mapping feature.

Sid's current location was on a small but quiet decently sized island, on an undiscovered archipelago. 

Well, the archipelago itself wasn't technically undiscovered, as pirates had already known about it for years. It was only undiscovered in official records.

It wasn't a small one too. If it was compared to a country from Earth, it'd have the same size as half of Japan.

Why Japan? Well, the shape of the archipelago was eerily similar.

It had around the same length as Japan, but it was a lot thinner. Thus, its total area was half of Japan.

What's even more bizarre, was the fact that there was a huge continent around the size of North America, towards the west of the archipelago.

According to the drone's footage, there were no settlements on the continent.

And even if there were any, it was just too small to detect.

Meaning, there were 3 possibilites.

One, there were no people on the continent.

Two, the people had a culture to build cities hiddenly.

Or three, the people there, were too tribal to build any city.

Since there was no previous knowledge of that continent in accordance to Sid's Elf memories, it was highly likely to be the first or the third possibility.

"CAPTAIN, AFTER REVISING THE WHOLE DATA, IT WOULD SEEM THAT THE DRONES HAVE DISCOVERED MULTIPLE HEAT SIGNATURES ON AN ANCHORED SHIP NOT FAR FROM THIS ISLAND."

"Huh? Any idea what ship it belongs to?"

"CURRENTLY WE HAVE INSUFFICENT DATA. HOWEVER, IT WOULD SEEM THAT IT MATCHES SIMILARLY TO THE PIRATE SHIPS DOCKED HERE."

"But why would they be anchored offshore?"

"ACCORDING TO DATA ANALYSIS, THERE'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY OF IT BEING OPERATED BY THE REST OF THE SLAVES."

"I also have that hunch, but why would they be anchored?"

Just when the day had gone lax, another trouble arose.

"Sigh, I guess I have to go there. T, let's just fly there. No need to transform into a boat."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

12