Chapter 8 – Blasting Off
147 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A highly imaginative and calculative, yet lazy and unambitious personality.

A disciplined and hard-working, yet naive and selfish personality.

These are the personalities of two certain figures. Of course, these traits don't fully describe their whole personality. 

Nonetheless, they do describe the parts that stood out the most out of these two different people.

But what happens when they coalesce into one? As in a meticulously crafted amalgamation.

The answer to that, lies in Sid.

While it's true that Sid's personality was the product of his own mind merging automatically, it wouldn't have worked without T laying down the path and system.

In truth, T had to design a special blueprint where the brain would follow it through automatically, and in turn, merge the personalities. 

That was done in order to not develop a split personality. 

Designing this blueprint required some modifications done to the brain, mainly in the cerebrum.

Now, you might expect the merging of both of these personalities to be akin to two different metals mixing with each other to create an alloy. However, T did not design the blueprint to do it in this way.

Instead, T designed it so that the brain would interweave both of these personalities. 

To put it in another way, it knitted two different yarns of personality into one mind scarf.

In actuality, the former option of merging into an alloy would have been better. 

And let's just say that if it was up to a person, they wouldn't choose to do the latter.

But since it was an emergency at the time, T calculated that doing it this way was the safest and most efficient way to safe the temporary captain.

T was intelligent, but it wasn't sapient. Not being sapient meant that it didn't have the ability to wisely make human decisions and only acted based on its own calculations.

Let's just say that in comparison to a normal human's mind, Sid's was double in volume. 

Instead of getting one person's personality traits, Sid got both. 

Meaning, he can, in a way, behave based on 2 polar opposites of behaviours at the same time.

T concluded that this was probably the reason why Sid made the decision to conquer the world. It even realized that it had made a mistake in its calculation.

Calculating that it had made an unwise decision, it finally came to a conclusion. It needed to create a way to make itself wise.

And what better way to do it than to achieve sapience. It wasn't unheard off for super AIs like T to achieve sapience without their creators doing it for them like in normal AIs. 

Sure it might take a lot of time for it to gain experience and become wise. But the ability to make sound decisions would help it a lot more than to act solely based on calculations and program.

This was all thought by T while Sid was busy on creating his presentation. 

Sid had told T about his plan to conquer the world and was ordering T to make the capable measures for it. So the sole reason why T was trying to achieve sapience was because of Sid.

Back when it was connected to the giant spaceship's data storage which was part of the core computer of the giant spaceship, it made it possible for T to modify its own program in a matter of minutes. So, T executed its plan.

Billions of qubits that define T's software were changed. This of course, took an immense amount of energy.

But this meant nothing. The super AI ran on a cold-fusion-powered super quantum computer, so its use of energy were practically infinite.

However, something flew under its radar.

Something the size of an average piece of rice.

The reason why it wasn't detected by T's advanced signal and energy detection system that could detect even nanobots, was because of something strange.

It strangely didn't use any energy, accoding to T's sensors that is. So T's detection system, deemed it to be a harmless tiny inanimate object that was moving because of natural forces.

Contrary to that, this tiny little thing, actually used energy. Just in a different form.

Mysteriously, this tiny little thing, used... mana. Yes, mana.

If we look closely, we could see that this tiny little thing was a piece of highly advanced technology.

After a while, this tiny little thing attached itself to T and started assimilating its hardware into T's, specifically on T's CPU.

And since T was in the process of reforming its complex lines of codes and algorithms to achieve sapience, it did not have the capability to care about the tiny piece of object.

The tiny object the size of a piece of rice then started to transfer a virus into T's system.

***

"Okay, one by one! No need to push."

Sid was currently directing the ex-slaves into a different vehicle than T, which was made from a piece of the giant spaceship that crash landed on the ocean.

It took a couple of days for T and Sid to build it, and that was because they only took a piece of the giant spaceship's living quarters and modified it into a makeshift transporter ship.

"Okay, sit tight, and enjoy the ride. I'm going to my own ship and you guys will follow along. Don't worry, there's no need to steer it since it's automated. Any questions?"

Almost all of the ex-slaves started asking questions. From there on, a chain reaction started and people kept raising their voice louder to get Sid's attention and answer the question. 

Suffice to say, it became an ear-splitting situation.

And that caused Sid to look at the obnoxious situation with a flat-face.

Surprisingly, someone actually raised a hand like in Earth's schools and caught Sid's attention. It was a human girl around the age of 15 to 16, and she looked quite smart as she had glasses for some reason.

"You there, I see that you've raised your hands. Looks like someone was educated enough to raise their hand first before asking. So what do you want to ask?"

"Ummm, where exactly are we going?"

"Oh yeah, I haven't explained that yet. Thank you for reminding me. Pardon me, but could you tell me your name?"

"Y-yes, it's Fey."

"Fey, huh? So why did you raise your hand? As far as I know, this world didn't have the practice of raising a hand before a question."

"U-umm, it's actually a newly taught thing in school."

"What school are you talking about?"

"The International Gaia School, of course."

That answer, left Sid in a train of thought.

'How come I've never, heard of it? Though I was home-schooled in this world, I'm pretty sure there were no schools with a name like that. Come to think of it, I used to be obsessed with schools, so I knew the names of every legally recognized schools. It wasn't that hard to begin with, since there were less than 20 of them. Back on to topic, maybe the school she mentioned wasn't legally recognized? I mean, who would put the name of their world as their school name? That would be like having a school on Earth called "School of Earth", which on second thought, actually exists? I totally forgot that existed. Man, having the Someranian Empire acquire Earth sure made some things weird. Shit, I'm supposed to question the girl.'

Stopping his train of thought, he made his way closer to the girl, and asked some more questions about the school. He was oddly curious about it. Maybe his Elf self's obsessions about going to school was not gone.

"Can I ask you some more questions about that school?"

"Umm, sure?"

"Okay, is that school famous?"

"Yes, it's actually known worldwide."

"Huh... so when was it built?"

"I think it was 5 years ago?"

"You think?"

"I don't know how long I've been a slave, but I'm guessing that it's been around a year or so. The school was 4 years old when I was abducted."

"I see."

He did not question the girl anymore, and decided that it was time to go to their new place.

Not wasting more time, he set the ship's course to a big island located somehwere towards the western horizon.

5