Arc 1 -Lost- Part 27
382 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The black knight stepped into the dimly lit room. The wooden door slowly creaked to a close behind her. Ever since her fight with the knight maiden called Lacey and her allies, her mind felt like it was being torn apart. It had even gotten worst after that woman brought up the Queen.

“That fool, talking like the Queen is any more than a failure of a ruler!” she complained as she grabbed her head. “That knight maiden, Lacey, was also singing that woman’s praises…” she threw off her helm, revealing her dirty blonde hair as she leaned against the wall and gripped her head even more. Over and over again, memories filled her mind, memories that felt nostalgic yet she couldn’t remember.

“Why?! Why am I…!”

“Because deep down you’re finally beginning to remember,” a sudden voice spoke out to her. Her violet eyes darted about the room as she heard the familiar voice, “you…I…never should have allowed things to end up like this!” the voice shouted out.

The black-armored lady knight turned to the mirror on the rotting desk. Before her, was a woman who resembled herself.

“You… I thought she sealed you away,” She glared at the image in the mirror as she held her palm against her head. However, the woman in the mirror looked back with only a sad expression.

“Please, listen to me,” she begged before her, “we have to stop, do you really believe this would be for Arthrain’s benefit!” she shouted with watery eyes.

“Shut up…”

“Please we-!”

“I said shut up!”  as she screamed out, her reflection stood in shock at the sudden outburst.

The silence remained for what seemed like ages as the black knight maiden lowered her head and unleashed heavy breath after heavy breath. The reflection could only stare back, afraid of her anger growing more.

“How could you what we’re doing is wrong…” she slowly spoke, “the Madame was right, you are weak, just like that so-called ‘Queen’.”

“That’s not true, and you know!” she responded back, “because I know deep down you agree with me, after all, you held back when fighting Lace and Mary.”

“That’s…!”

“And you even took this.” The mirror image presented the ruined bracelet that Marilyn had. The black knight gazed at her own hands and before her eyes, was the same bracelet within her palm.

“No! I-I don’t even know them!”

“Remember the past, the true past not this anger that woman implanted in us!” as the reflection spoke more memories overwhelmed her.

These are… I’m…! she fell to her knees. Her head bent down and as she gazed onto the bracelet in her palm, tears began to overflow.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise,”

Both of their eyes widened as they heard the voice. The crystal ball in the corner of the room began to shine bright as it hovered into the air.

“To think you’d be able to undo the enchantment I placed on you,” the voice echoed out from the ball. The two looked up at the crystal ball. The armored woman felt her pores raise as an image projected from the crystal ball. Dressed in dark robes and a hood, a woman appeared with her upper face covered with a mask.

“I had high expectation for you, my dear black knight,” despite her soft tone the violet eyes that peered through her mask were very intense, “and yet…here we are.” The black knight listened to her words, but soon another voice spoke to her.

“We’re not her tool, finally it’s time we took a stand.” Those words sounded throughout her mind. She gripped her fist tightly as she stood up before the projection. “I’m done…”

“Hm? Done with what exactly?” the masked lady asked. “I won’t be your pawn anymore; I won’t allow myself to hurt the innocent of this country anymore!” as she finished shouting her conviction silence enveloped the room. The black knight immediately covered her mouth as she realized what she just said.

“I see… then that is quite unfortunate.”

“No! Madame, I beg your forgiveness! That wasn’t m-”

“Dracalon!” a magic circle appeared in the room and what rose from it was the magical sword that the black knight wielded. It unleashed a powerful red aura that encased the room and the black knight.

“You think after everything, I’d just allow such disobedience,” the masked lady spoke. The black knight became ravaged by thoughts. Angry, frustration, and despair filled her mind, “it seems you need to be thought a lesson my little knight and then you’re going to tell me how you broke free from my enchantment.” As the black knight screamed out in agony, the masked lady simply displayed a smile on her exposed lower face.

Stop! We’ve done enough! A voice spoke inside the masks woman’s head. Feeling her will weakening she stopped her spell.

“Tsk, you’re really a pain,” the masked woman mumbled out, “I’ll give you mercy this time, but it seems you still need to be re-converted, but for now, tell me how this happened.”

 


 

“I see, so it all stems from that encounter with Lacey and Marilyn?”

“Yes, my Madame…You know of them?” The black knight responded as she kneeled before the projection.

“I do. I knew they were sent out here as well, but I didn’t expect them to get involved so soon,” she replied, “no matter, they might just prove useful actually.” Especially the one that withstood Dracalon’s attack with their bare hands. A man of all things, how interesting… The masked woman chuckled as she thought.

“I won’t allow you to hurt Marilyn and those girls,” the other voice in her mind said.

“Yes, yes of course, just trust me on this, alright?”

She suddenly glanced at the door and snapped her fingers. Then the door creaked out and as the black knight turned behind her, multiple figures stood before her.

“Madame, these are…”

“Indeed, they’re the latest breakthrough of my experiments,” she voiced as a smile parted her lips, “I originally came here to inform you of them, that is until our little incident earlier.”

“Yes, I am most sorry for that my Madame!” the black knight bowed her head as he apologized,

“It’s fine now, however, I shall have you prove your sincerity very soon. Right now, I shall have Lacey and her allies captured and brought here, they’ll make useful subjects for what is to come.” The black knight’s fingers gripped her knees as she heard her.

“You said-!”

“Relax, I’m not going to turn them into those things,” the masked lady immediately responded to the voice inside her head.

“I’ve been observing them, and it appears they’re still near that village,” the masked woman peered down at her as she continued, “I’ll send some of these girls out after them and I’ll also have them use this,” another magic circle appeared before the black knight maiden, out from it was a vial filled with some sort of liquid, “hand it over to my girls here, it’ll be a great way to see both their effectiveness.”

“What is it?”

“You lost to them because they were together with that man, that potion and my new girls will rectify that problem.” She pointed at the vial as she spoke, “If it works as planned, you won’t even need to left a finger against them,” another grin appeared on her lips, “I’ll be the one to oversee this assignment, but don’t worry I have another ‘special’ assignment just for you. So you better be prepared.”

“Completely, my Madame.”

“Good, and remember while I do favor my creations, I expect even greater things from you, so don’t disappoint me.”

5