Chapter 3. Bad worlds.
1.1k 16 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3:

              Bad Worlds.

*A few hours(?) earlier...*

Cam kept on walking, and as she did, she noticed something happening to the thread. It was becoming thicker, and when she passed her hand through it, she could almost feel a susbtance, almost.

She was giddy and excited at this discovry, as what could it mean other than she is getting closer? So she kept on walking, a bit more power in her steps after this discovry.

Cam followed the pink thread, for hours and hours, and it kept gaining more and more thickness, but no matter how far she walked, nothing new happened other than the thread thickening.

At one point, Cam's body was ready to give up, even though her mind wasn't, her legs simply couldn't carry her any further.

The moment she dropped to her knees, too exhasted to even stand up, she heard a wierd splashing noise coming from underneeth her, so she looked down and saw as her sweat was dripping down and splashing into a pool of... Something red.

Cam's eyes traced along the source of this fluid, and her eyes widened as she finally saw something different from the total darkness that suronnded her for hours before.

Cam was excited, thinking she finally found something, but a moment later, her mind blanked out, trying to proccess what she was witnessing ahead of her.

A room filled with wierd contraptions, a fire place, her friends, and 6 other figures.

Cam tried to stand back up, the moment she tried to, something pushed her back down, hard, and she cried out in pain.

She tried looking back to see what was holding her, but she also couldn't, as her neck wouldn't move at all.

And then she felt it. It was not someone holding her down, it was something, she didn't know what that could be.

The thing holding her down then forced her head into a different postion, and she watched as Ana was being carried by two of the 6 figures she saw ealrier, into one of the wierd contraptions...

What ensued after would be something engraved deep into Cam's heart, mind, and soul.

....

When Cam was about to drift into unconsciousness, she made a vow to herself. She vowed that, if she was given a second a chance, she would take all the power she could get, and save those who are dear to her.


Eons later, The book "Stories of Mages From The Past" Would have the last of its chapters be about Cam, The ArchWitch.
The chapter would tell the story of the time Maria, the Mind Mage, would control 97 of her fellow Mages to kill The Shadow Witch and The ArchWitch. After succesfully killing The Shadow Witch, Cam, The ArchWitch finds out, and Kills all of Gods, and takes her own life after, wiche marks the end of the God's era.


Cam's eyes opened slowly, and stayed only half-open, as she gazed into the stone cieling above her.

She was laying on a cold, and judging by the cieling, stone floor.

She didn't trying getting up, her mind too exhausted to even give the command to lift a finger up.

She stayed there, in the same postion, for what felt like hours, but according to the timer ticking in front of her, less than 8 minutes had passed.

Congratulations, your will was strong, and you passed the Test of Enrollment!
You were able to stay conscious for more than 30 minutes while being subjected to your deepest fear!
Initial Rank: D-

Bonus!
Your will is made of iron, and you powered through your fears like a champ!
You were able to stay conscious and sane for more than 1 hour while being subjected to your deepest fear!
Rank Increased.
New Rank: C-

Bonus!
You withstood what you fear the most for a long time, and you proved your will to be made of steel.
You were able to stay conscious and sane for more than 3 hours while being subjected to your deepest fear!
Rank increased.
New Rank: B-

Bonus!
Very few people have seen this bonus, not because very few have reached it, no, it's because almost everyone who reached this point had gone mad, allowing them to reach this point, but at the cost of their sanity.
Most of those who have reached this point could no longer process information, so they were treated like animals.
You are one of the very few who have reached this point and were still sane, or at least, sane enough to read it.
You were able to stay conscious and partially-sane for more than 12 hours while being subjected to your deepest fear!
Sub-Rank increased.
New Rank: B+

You will be shortly contacted by one of our staff to give you the required information for being here, please be patient as this won't take longer than 10 minutes.
07:23 mintues has passed, please be paitant.

The shining hologram between her and the ceiling looked like something straight out of a video game, but Cam couldn't even get excited about the prospect, about the implication that this is a different world, and that it was game-like.

She had read many stories and novels telling the story of some shabby dude or gal getting transported to a different world, becoming overpowered, getting harems, getting rich, saving kingdoms, and all that other bullshit.

She liked those stories, and always daydreamed about herself being one those heroes, about being the best swordswoman in the world, or being so strong she could cut a mountain in half.

Cam used those daydreams to escape from reality. From her real world, where her parents died in a car accident while coming back from their 15th marriage anniversary vacation, leaving a 12 years old Cam all alone with her uncle. The uncle who twice tried to rape her, until Hana's mom reported him to the police and she moved to live with Hana, her sisters, and their mom.

Cam liked to engross herself in as many stories as she could find, allowing her to escape into worlds of wonder, away from all her memories.

Cam didn't like those worlds of wonder anymore.
Cam didn't like her world either.
Cam didn't like any world where her loved ones were hurt.
Cam didn't like that she could do absolutely nothing to save those she loved.
Cam was annoyed with herself.
Cam was upset and frustrated with her weakness.
Cam was angry. Cam was Angry.

Cam wanted to vent her anger upon something, or someone, and the moment the timer reached the 10 minutes mark, a target appeared.

The first and second chapters have been edited, and the second person POV has been changed into the third person POV as you can see here.
Other than the people who commented and gave meaningful feedback, there seems to be some people who were too trigered by having a second person POV of themselves being mentally tourtered, which is... quite understandable.
I'm wrting this story not for my own enjoyment only, but for the reader's as well. Hope this helps, and to the trolls who gave a 1 star rating...Just... Why? Is it really that funny? Sabotging other's work? If you didn't like the story, atleast give me feed back before you go and rate it like that. smh

21