CH.5
78 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what’s the plan?” Matt asked after all this is unfamiliar land.

“First, we go to that mall over there,” she said pointing at a brightly lit building “then the bus stop, from there we go to mirror island.” 

“Lead the way o wise saint of the god’s lanterns,” he said teasingly.

She looked at him annoyed “I wonder what are you trying to say empathizing the word saint?”

“I have no idea what you mean.” and so he played dumb.

“I am onto you sandy,” she whispered the last word with a grin knowing he will hear it.

“What was that? it seems my hearing has grown dull with age; can you repeat that for me love?” he asked with a glare.

She fastened her pace, ignoring him completely.” walk faster you old man!”

“Goodness you act like a child!” well not that I hate it. And so, he started running after her.

After a few minutes of running around like children, with Leia giggling and Matt smiling like a smitten boy they reached the mall.

“So, what are we here to do in this splendid castle? You called it a mall; do you have business with the lord?” Matt asked, entirely unfamiliar with the structure and its purpose.

“yes, I was confused too. But this place is like a merchant’s guild but in a sense that you can buy almost anything here,” explained Leia, happy to be the one teaching this time.

“So, can I sell my glass sculptures here?” Asked Matt. not forgetting his need for money.

No matter the world you are in gold makes it move.

“Well, there are only some special places that will buy something like your sculptures, love, maybe an art gallery, or a pawnshop.” she held her chin in thought 

“I see.” I will keep that in mind.

“Here we are,” she said, walking towards the automatic doors. That slid open smoothly 

Matt had no time to marvel at how the door worked with no magic because he was left speechless at what laid behind it. The place so well-lit you will mistake it for the home of the light saint.

As he stepped inside, he found it full of people he felt himself getting lost in it just by staring at it. Just as the panic was sitting in, He noticed a familiar hand hold his own. He glanced in a panic only to find his wife looking at him reassuringly.

“Still not any better with crowds?” she asked with a warm smile.

Matt could not stop an embarrassed blush from spreading on his face.

“No, I fell into isolation again after you disappeared” he faced down in embarrassment.

She pulled him in a hug.

“It’s okay only the entrance is this crowded just hold my hand and I will guide you out of it”

Holding his hand, they began walking calmly out of the crowd.

Soon they came out of it and matt could get a better look at the mall

He looked around only to be amazed. The floor looked so clean he could see his reflection. Raising his gaze, he marveled at the orderly stores. Stores full of so many things he can’t understand.

And glass, so much glass

“I love this place; how did they make all this with no magic”

“It’s okay, take it slowly, love,” she said.

“It’s beautiful, how did these inbred freaks manage this?” He said, astonished.

“We can check the internet later, and about the inbred part, it's because there are no other sentient species other than imperfect humans”

He glared at her like she proposed they offer their next born to a volcano.

Noticing his gaze, she looked genuinely hurt. But her acting didn’t work this time.

You gotta be shitting me Leia. she could feel such words vibrating off of him.

“Trust me on this I will show you evidence after our date, goodness you can at least be more trusting of your wife,” she said pouting cutely at him.

“Okay I guess let’s leave that matter for later,” he said unconvinced

She huffed and walked away still holding his hand 

“So where are we going,” Matt asked looking around in wonder.

“A cafe” answered Leia, still pouting. She is acting, but it’s not like I will allow her to act like this on our date.

How to improve the mood of a kinda pouty wifey?

A kiss always works.

After all, she knows I can't resist those puffy cheeks.

he wraps his free arm around her waist resting it on her stomach and pulls her back into his embrace, wrapping the arm she is holding around her too he rests his head on her shoulder.

He then whispers in her ears” Don't be like that.” he stops to kiss her cheek then continues his whispers “you know that you are the one I trust most.” and now time to finish her

He blows a hot and calm breath into her neck.

And so she escapes his embrace redder than roses; To which he could only grin.

She didn't look at him perhaps trying, more like failing, to hide her blush and smile.

He no longer focused on the mall, at this moment he only saw her, maybe that's why he didn’t notice the five-fingered slap going towards his cheek.

*SLAP!*

 

pov switch Leia:

Leia was more than happy, her husband returned to her. Even if she felt him extremely on edge, she is planning to take care of that stress of his today. 

*SLAP!*

But then she heard a sharp sound from behind. She Turned only to see her best friend Sara running towards her 

Did this airhead slap matt!? Do I save her? Or act like I don't know her. I don't want Matt to think all my friends are idiots.

“I am here to save you! Leia, let's run from this creep!” said Sara, her eyes dripping with worry.

Well, she didn't need to do much. someone else took care of it for her 

With the same power, Matt was slapped a rolled-up magazine slammed into Sara’s head, making her fall to the ground.

“Idiot! Can't you see they are on a date? you moron!” said a familiar boy. Brown hair and eyes. He looked very similar to Sara but thankfully he isn’t as dumb as his twin sister.

“Zack! Why did you hit me?! And not that creep!” said Sara, now teary-eyed.

“Shut up you moron, let me solve this problem,” he spoke with a cold glare.

He turned to Matt scratching his head “sorry about this idiot she thought you were groping her friend, nice to meet you my name is Zack.” and went for a handshake.

Using this as a chance she gazed apologetically at matt. Please don’t slap her silly at least not in public.

It seemed matt understood her gaze and so took Zack's hand

“My name is Matthew”

“I am sorry to disturb you on your date please forgive the idiot I will make sure she is punished for it”

And off he ran pulling his sister behind him.

And now I have to deal with an annoyed Matt, thanks Sarah Ovastrecov.

“Matt, what do you feel like doing?” Please don't slap that girl silly.

He sighed then gave me a happy smile. “How about we go sit somewhere?” and said with surprising calm.

Huh? “You aren't mad?” 

“Why would I be?” he asked confused, making me even more confused.

This is going nowhere

“Uhhhhh how about going to a cafe? There is this place with grate cake and drinks”

“Oh yes, I need a glass of spirits to relieve the stress.”

How do I explain that he isn't in the drinking age? “No, they have no drinks here” will just postpone the problem!

“Let’s go first and talk there.”

+==pov Matt

I followed Leia to the cafe, it looked different from the ones in the empire, the chairs were comfortable.

“Can I take your orders?” said a young man in a black and white uniform.

“What is nice Leia? Normally I drink coffee but there must be something new.”

“How about a Cappuccino, it's pretty good,” said Leia, a wide smile across her face.

“Okay, I’ll have one.” 

“Two Cappuccinos,” said Leia to the waiter.

“Okay it will be ready soon” he left shortly after.

“So, Leia you said you had errands to run at the mirror island, what are they?”

“Oh, it is horrible Matt! You see there was this beautiful and happy family. But they have terrible luck. Just five years ago the wife fell with a horrible disease on her skin, one that is slowly killing her to this day.” she spoke with a sad look.

“And what caused this disease? Was it the sun I wonder?” he said while rolling his eyes, he knows where this is going.

She spoke now grinding “Oh how did you know?! It was horrible. It was like the sun had a grudge against the poor woman. Well her husband is a powerful and lucky man he met an angel! One that promised him that his wife will stay alive and beautiful if he did her bidding! Such a merciful angel, don't you agree with my love?”

“Yes yes, of course, such a merciful angel,” he said with a monotone tone of voice.

Sometimes I wonder how someone wicked like her is recognized as a saint and not a witch.

“Did you just insult me with your thoughts, love?” she said, acting heartbroken.

“Oh of course not love! I just wondered how can someone great like you be recognized as a mere saint,” he spoke, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

She leaned forwards with a smile “come on Matt, don't act like that I know you love me.”

“I love you more than you imagine, but it does not change the fact that you are wicked my love,” he leaned forward with a grin only to give her a quick peck on the lips.

And so, she blushed.

“Why are you blushing all the time these days? Have I become too handsome for you?”

He asked with a shit-eating grin.

Leia’s light blush turned a shade of red. Awwww so cute.

“I-It’s just that I forgot it had been so long,” she said looking down.

“Hmm, well I will make sure you remember me very well by the end of this date.” 

In response, Leia became completely red and hid her face slumping on the table.

I miss being able to tease her so much, the problem back then after 1000 years together she stopped reacting like this and began teasing back which was fun too but I missed this.

“Here is your Cappuccinos,” said the waiter putting the mugs in front of me and Leia.

She slowly sat upright and grabbed her mug, still red

“So, you gave a seemingly incurable disease to a woman, one that only you can heal, not healing her and prolonging her suffering so you can have the husband under your thumb. Am I right?”

“Close enough,” she answered, her blush beginning to calm.

Pulling the mug for a sip he was surprised at how good it was.

“Pretty good.” 

“Yes, I love this place.”

It was two hours of back and forth and drinking coffee came a heavy topic.

“What do you think will happen to this world?” asked Leia, with a worried tone.

After a moment of thought, Matt answers with a heavy voice.

“Mana levels will rise; the world will adapt and probably start producing its own. Mana beasts and monsters followed by demons may be dungeons if the humans of this world are lucky, I think the world as a whole will evolve.” 

With every word the expressions on Leia's face worsened.

“So, it's as I feared, what about the humans?” she asked resignation deep in her voice.

“The gods are taking measures so it probably won't turn catastrophic,” he reassured with a smile.

She sighed in relief “thank goddess. But how did you know that.” she looked at him worried after all getting involved with the gods brings nothing more than trouble.

“Nothing much. I just used their help to get here, so don't worry” the god of law forgave me so I shouldn't be getting involved anymore.

“Okay, just be careful,” she spoke looking calmer than before.

After five more minutes the mugs were empty. “Here is the bill”, said the waiter placing it on the table.

Faster than he could take it she grasped it.

“Love don’t worry about the bill I will be the one paying,” said Leia with a smile,” and it’s not like you earned any money yet so let me take it this time”

After many defeated grumbles and curses, he agreed “just his time.”

“Well let’s go to the bus stop, the bus should be there by the time we get there.”

And so they went off.

2