CH. 7
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH. 7

"Call HQ immediately!! A parasite Queen appeared!! We'll die if we stay here, move the ship!!"

Captain Barrs Ulysses immediately issued orders after the Parasite Queen appeared. According to the records after the first one destroyed most of the well-known legions 300 years ago, a Parasite Queen was capable of destroying anything it sees into nothing but rubble.

It was dangerous to stay near even outside the third detection zone of the Abyss gate. They had to retreat and call for help.

No, would it even be wise to call for help? In any case, Captain Barrs Ulysses had his ship turned around to retreat. Most of the scout ships had done the same thing as well.

"God.... that man just did a work of four large armies by himself and called out the Queen.... Just what in the world is he.. ?"

Captain Barrs Ulysses mutters as he watched the large monsters at the distance, his ship retreating back to safe distance.

———

"It's ten times bigger than Leviathans that lives in the ocean"

Vain's neck was hurting by looking up at the gigantic mass of bug parts that was known to be the Parasite Queen. Vain didn't think it'd appear since the swarm and the four guardsman weren't that much of a problem

But size wise, the Parasite Queen was like a mountain.

"Those guys are retreating huh?"

Vain looked at the scout ships running away from the vicinity of the Abyss gate. Even the ship he was on was maintaining a safe distance away from the Abyss gate.

"Well, work is work. I can't complain now that I'm at this far"

Vain sighed as he scratched the back of his head with his left hand. Unlike the swarm and the guardsman, Vain has yet to received a single scratch from any of them. He was still healthy and energized. Furthermore, his magic power was brimming full capacity thanks to him absorbing the attacks of the parasite guardsmen.

Vain looked at the towering beast before him and tightly held the handle of his sword.

"It's a pain but let's take this seriously"

Vain muttered. Then kicked off the foothold beneath his feet and propelled himself towards the Parasite Queen. The six spider legs of the parasite Queen moved and tries to swat away Vain.

Vain then stopped and leaped away from one spider leg then dodged another. Although he doesn't realized it, Vain was dodging the Parasite Queen's legs faster than even a magic armor. It was so fast that violent winds were gushing out from the vicinity of the Abyss gate.

Vain then swung his sword at on leg and cut off the tip. Sing it was as thick as a 200 year old tree trunk, Vain had to pushed out his strength in one swing. But as he did so, the leg regenerated.

Seeing that, Vain frowned.

"It can do that? How awful"

Changing tactics, Vain took some distance then shot swords of light at the head. The swords of light then exploded on the head or so he thought but the feelers on Parasite Queen's mouth took the attack.

It was annoying. Vain was starting to get irritated.

Charging his sword with Light attribute magic, he sent tens of white streaks of light at the Parasite Queen. Its limbs immediately block the attacks and got severed.

*Swraaack!!* One attack landed and cut a considerable deep wound on the Parasite Queen's chest.

Green blood oozed out but it slowly healed.

"I guess I need to go faster and attack more stronger"

Vain nodded to himself. This time, his speed increased and it made him look like a stroke of white light bouncing off everywhere around the Parasite Queen.

*Kiiiieee......* The Parasite Queen groaned in astonishment. Vain became faster than the Parasite Queen's eyes could keep up.

Then....

*Schwip!!* It felt its wings got cut off.

*Keaaaaauccckkk!!!* The Parasite Queen shriek, surprised that it felt gravity for the first time and was slowly descending.

*Kiiiirr.....* The Parasite Queen regenerates its wings but was cut once more. Every time her wings grew from its back, it was getting cut apart.

What's more, the tiny human was moving so fast the Parasite Queen's eyes were moving frantically, searching for it's prey. Even when it tried to produce new swarms from the eggs on its belly, they suddenly explode without any warning and kills the parasites that was just about to hatch.

*Kiishaaaack!!!?* 

"I got hit again!?" The Parasite Queen thought. New cuts were forming on its belly. The regeneration was closing them but the numbers were increasing as fast as it could regenerate.

"Here, a gift"

The Parasite Queen turned to the voice it heard next to its head but when she looked there, a giant ball of light exploded and ate nearly half of her face.

*KKeaaauuuccckkk!!!!!!!* The Parasite Queen shriek in pain.

"There's more of that came from"

Just as Vain said, there were more. Moreover, the next one was bigger and more dense than the one before.

*Dododooooon!!!* *Kabooom!!!* *Zyuuu—!!*

Explosion came after again and again relentlessly. Like an endless shooting of fireworks. The Parasite Queen's body was slowly decreasing in mass and its regeneration was hardly keeping up anymore.

Angered, the Parasite Queen shot out lightning from it's antennae *Kakaaan!!* A rain of lighting came down from the sky. It went around like an endless shower and scorched the floating islands nearby. The sea below raged and formed whirlpools then blazing heat shot through the sky.

It was an Armageddon of disasters. Floating islands burned and exploded, the debris dropped down into the waters and the air felt so hot that even the atmosphere was distorting.

Truly a power of  a Parasite Queen.

But the opponent was one extraordinary guy who trained for six months until he vomit blood. He come up with tricks and techniques in order to not lose from any monsters he come up against.

Most of all, he has great prowess in both Holy Light attribute magic and Void Darkness magic. Two rare attribute magic that only a few people were born with.

"Full Drain"

And in that short words, Vain took in the rain of lighting to himself. A Black sphere covered Vain as a whole and sucked the lighting in like vacuum. No, even air was getting sucked it without remorse.

The tiny black sphere before the eyes of the Parasite Queen felt truly ominous. The Parasite Queen suddenly stopped the lighting attacks as it felt something was getting taken from her.

Then the black sphere crumbled. There, Vain stood unharmed from the lighting. He then kicked up and climbed up in the sky. The Parasite Queen followed Vain but because he was so small, the clouds hindered the eyes of the Parasite Queen from even following Vain's movements.

There was still time. She can still regenerate.

Or so she thought.

"You're one irritatingly resilient bug, you know that?"

Vain was thousands of meters in the sky. A over his head was a large, supper big sphere of light. It shined so bright that the Parasite Queen mistook it for the sun. 

But that didn't matter. The size of that sphere was truly humongous. For some reason the Parasite Queen was getting alarm signals from its whole body.

Not good. That'll kill me— was the Parasite Queen was thinking, making it's regeneration stop completely.

And then....

"You're really worth 300 gold coins"

Streaks of light, number nearly a thousand or so, came out from the sphere and rained down on the Parasite Queen.

Reflected on those red compounded eyes, were fear of death that it hadn't even experience since it's birth.....

———

It was one unprecedented thing after the other....

"Oi...."

Lightning rained, the seas raged and varieties of explosions that sent shockwaves everywhere. It was like seeing the world end....

"You're joking right?"

In her eyes, a large sphere of light was shrinking as it spew off hundreds, if not thousands, streaks of lights. It was like seeing dream straight out of a nightmare.

Cynthia Locks McGuiness had her eyes taken by those disastrous attacks one after the other. The loud shrill shrieks and cries of the Parasite Queen and the powerful attacks of Vain's.

Just what kind of human is he?— Cynthia Locks McGuiness could begin to understand that a human like that was capable of producing an attack that can even make a Parasite Queen shriek in pain. The ear piercing death row screams of the Parasite Queen was something truly unpleasant to hear.

But the most shocking thing was Vain. He was a mercenary not that older looking that Cynthia Locks McGuiness herself. Unlike the mercenaries that dressed up with good looking armors, Vain wears ragtag there clothing under his stitched up robe.

If you compare Vain's appearance to an ordinary group of mercenary, he'd look more like beggar than a mercenary. 

But....

But his strength was enough to rival a Parasite Queen. A disastrous being eats everything it's swarms takes back into the Abyss gate.

Asking "What kind of human is he?" was only appropriate when looking at Vain.

"L-Lady Cynthia....."

"......"

Even Litea Nichols Argenteuil was speechless. The stormy clouds have cleared and the red light coming off from the shrinking Abyss gate was slowly disappearing. As if everything was just a bad dream, the blue skies returned and the sound sea gulls entered their ears.

"L-Lady Cynthia, S-Sir. Vain is coming back"

"Tsu!?"

Cynthia Locks McGuiness was forcefully returned back to reality by Litea Nichols Argenteuil reporting that Vain was coming back.

There, heading straight towards the ship, Vain returns, almost unscathed.

"Stop.... Stop the retreat..."

"Y-Yes, as you wish"

Cynthia Locks McGuiness had Litea Nichols Argenteuil to order the retreat a halt until Vain landed on the ship. The people who saw Vain fight against a swarm, the Parasite guardsmen and the Parasite Queen itself all alone without any sort of magic armors, airship or even support from either the two, were all frozen in place.

"The job is done. I'm here for my pay"

That's what he said with his right hand waiting for something in return.

"......"

But Cynthia Locks McGuiness and everybody else couldn't utter a single word in front of Vain.....

0