[System Activated]
43 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

James smiled as he looked at the amount of Yellow Crystal Akia mined before they left.

Being closer to the exit, the dungeon was well lit with hints of human habitation here and there.

"W-we left him back there, w-will we get in t-trouble?" The Healer asked. She wore a white robe splattered with monster blood and held a staff.

"So what if he dies? It's what he gets for ruining our raid. Besides, he's just a porter, no one gives a damn even if they all up and vanished."

The Healer wanted to say more, but the Mage shot her a glance and she lowered her head, her face slightly pale.

"Okay, we got thirty five pieces of Yellow Crystal, so we can at least get three million five hundred dollars for this batch." James said with a smirk.

Hearing the amount, even the Healer pushed Akia to the back of her mind as they hurried to leave the dungeon.

...

Akia lay in a pool of his own blood, piss and other questionable liquids on his body that seemed to not have a single ing of flesh intact.

His organs were on the verge of shutting down, and his eyes were dull. The goblins had retreated a while ago, leaving him to die like his former group did.

'I hate them. I hate everything. Why is it like this, I just wanted enough money to live comfortably reading books, yet now I die here like this?'

His eyelids felt like sandbags were attached to them, and despite the promising sensation of release that accompanied the urge, he struggled to stay awake.

'I don't want to die. I really don't! Someone please! Please save me...' He whispered in his mind, however other than the darkness ahead, not even a shadow could be seen.

Blood seeped from his mouth, and through his slightly opened lips, one could see his bloodied gums.

The goblins after laceration his flesh ripped his teeth out, along with his tongue. Akia knew he didn't have much hope left.

His eyes were bloodshot and red and his face pale, however he still wished that he wouldn't die.

He truly didn't want to die. Who would get revenge for him? He stared off into the darkness knowing that not a single person would miss him.

'If I could live again, I'd do what I want, fuck the consequences...' His eyes fluttered shut and his breathing slowed as his heart stuttered.

The darkness soon gave way to a hazy gray fog, and a faceless figure made of fog walked out of the fog and stood, looking down at him.

Without a face, Akia couldn't see any expression, however he could somehow feel it's intent.

'I can save you, however you must submit yourself to me. I can grant you power beyond that which you could ever comprehend. Accept my blessing, for you shall need it. However, accept my curse, for you shall come to learn all the things you failed to grasp.'

Akia could only stare at the fog formed person. His mind started to blank, and he slowly sent a thought out.

'I want to live. I want revenge. I want to do all the things I couldn't do.' Akia said and the fog person slightly tilted it's head.

'Very well. Sleep now, and when you wake, go forth into the world and bring it to ruin.' The for figure turned into nothingness and vanished, and the fog violently surged before rapidly expanding, covering Akia and submerging his already near blank mind in muted tones of gray.

...

"So the Porter was ambushed by a goblin and died?" A middle aged man asked, his hands straightening his tie.

"Yes sir, we tried to save him, but it was to late." James said with an aggrieved look on his face. The middle aged man humped and turned to his desk and grabbed his coat.

Behind James stood his team, who all wore sad expressions. The middle aged man waved a hand and they turned and left.

'A pity, well, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't matter. Akia Valour huh? Too bad.'

He left his office, taking the elevator down to the first floor where a crowd waited to meet him. Akia's file on the computer flashed and was deleted.

...

A dull ache woke Akia from his state of nothingness. His brain which would have normally been muddled after just waking up quickly processed what happened.

His eyes shot open as he sat up, his breath ragged as he recalled the torture he went through before he died. His brown eyes which were usually warm turned cold and dark.

'Fuck. They won't live for too long.' Akia recalled the looks of everyone and then looked down at his body as he realized something.

'How did I get healed? Did someone take me back out of the dungeon on the brink of death?' He looked around, however other than stone walls, he saw nothing in sight.

"How am I still in here?" His voice echoed down the cooridor as he pushed himself to his feet. For a moment, a bit of incongruity assaulted him, however it quickly faded.

'How am I alive? Was that all just a drea- no. I'm in the dungeon, it's clear that was real. Did I awaken some healing power? No, I don't feel any different...'

Akia looked around, however he could only see a few meters before darkness claimed his sight. He looked down, however the puddle of blood and nasty liquids were gone, leaving him in tattered clothes.

'How?' His eyes took in the surroundings, and he felt his mouth and sighed as he still had his teeth and tongue left.

[System Activated!]

"What the fuc-" His voice cut out as another synthetic voice sounded from somewhere.

[Evaluating host...]

[Data collection complete...]

[Starting memory search and compatibility percentage...]

'Wait, is this a system like I've read about?! No, wait, some systems aren't helpful and instead force protagonist to do as it pleases...'

[Memory search complete...]

[Compatibility percentage : 84%]

[Margin acceptable...]

[Creating User Interface and an AI management system...]

[System Activation Complete.]

[System Binding Complete.]

'Wait! What is happening? I remember getting tortured, but nothing else after that... Did some supreme being save me or something?'

"No, host was saved by the %#%#%#$."

"Oh fuck! Who are you?" He looked around, however he soon calmed down as he recalled the system saying something about an AI.

"As you have concluded, I am the AI of this system. Please prepare for your first mission."

[Tip. Say Menu to view Status.]

'Might as well...'

"Menu." Akia said and a faint outline of a scream formed, then the colors appeared depicting a small three dimensional version of Akia.

[Name : Akia

Species : Human

Missions : 0

Rank : F-

Traits : N/A

Titles : Beast of Ruin : Grants +5 Health with every advancement.

Skills : Mining Level 2, Reading Level 4

Skill Point Pool : 0

Health : 2-F

Stamina : 3-F

Strength : 3-F

Speed : 1-F

Endurance : 2-F

Charisma : 1-F ]

Akia looked over his status and frowned at the low values he saw, however he knew more than anyone how weak he truly was.

[Mission Alert : Defeat x3 Goblins

Rewards : x10 Skill Points, x1 Mystery Award

Failure : Unable to leave the Dungeon]

4