Chapter 3
135 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke once more, I looked around, something was funny about all 5 of my senses. I knew I was small now. I didn’t know why. I looked around, I couldn’t see very far with this small stature. I was maybe a foot tall, maybe.

I saw green luscious grass all around, and a wolf! What should I do? Not much that I can do though. I sat, and waited to die, when I noticed a small amount of text in the corner of my vision. It said; ‘Are you acclimated?’

I thought that was a bit weird. But lot’s of weird things had been happening, so not that weird considering the circumstances. The wolf that was walking over to me, turned and walked somewhere else. It paid no attention to me for some reason.

The text changed and it said ‘Are you confused?’ ‘Yes.’ I thought. Then, I got a big block of text in front of me.

Name: Zack Stat names: Stat allocations: Titles
Species: Dire Wolf Vitality 3 Blessed by mercy
Health 12/12 Strength 7 Otherworlder
Mana: 0/2 Dexterity 5  
Exp. Agility 5  
0/100 Intelligence 13  
Status: Wilpower 12  
Fine Magic 0.2  
Age: Defense 5  
1 Years old Luck 12  

 

Bite Lv: 1 User simply bites target
Claws Lv: 1 User simply swipes claws at target

'does this help?'

Yes! It does! Why am I a Dire Wolf? Why is my age 1? Why is my magic so low? Why are there locked skills? (and why are there 60 viewers in 24 minutes of publishing 2 chapters! Holly shit! ... AND 2 READERS! I am very excited!) System! Answer me!

'Ok. You were killed by wolves in a dire situation so you are a dire wolf. You were transferred to an infant Dire Wolf's body. Your magic is low because you have had no interaction with mana in your past life. The only reason you have the ability to channel mana is because you're a dire wolf, and you have a basic understanding of what it is. (And because you read a lot of fantasy in your other life.) Your Dire Wolf specific Skills are locked because you are not old enough, or haven't triggered the event that allows you to use said skills. (and the views are unexplainable.)'

Ok... so I was reincarnated? 'no' Don't give me such a simple answer! If not reincarnation then what happened? 'If I gave you a more complex answer you wouldn't be able to process it.' Oh... well thank you for answering my questions. 'De nada' You speak spanish? 'My answers and questions are generated by your memories so that it is something you will understand.'

Ok. So what should I do? 'I cannot answer such a broad question.' What should I do to ensure my survival? 'Eat and drink proper proportions of nutrients and water, sleep for an adequate amount of time, and in a safe, and comfortable location, do not make enemies, and have common sense. The rest isn't your fault.' What should I do right now? 'When in a new area, I usually suggest exploring cautiously.' Ok...

So I got up and realized just how small I was. I was tiny! I looked around and noticed that things were pretty grey. I then realized that was how canines see, dogs saw color less, but they have better night vision. I looked and didn't see much.

I started walking out of the room, when I heard a low growl. I turned around and saw one of the mother wolves carrying one of my supposed siblings by the neck in her jaw. She gently set the pup down and it started whining. The mother said "Quiet!" It talked! I ran, I didn't get very far. "Where do you think you're going?" I whimpered. "Quiet! Damn kids." she said through her jaw that was holding me. "Leave me alone!" I yelled and screamed my high pitch scream. "Damn kids." a male voice said. I was dropped on my brother.

I howled at such a pitch, it sounded like I was cracking my voice. I was then stepped on, by the mother wolf. The male wolf walked in, and sat down beside the bed I was in. It looked like one you see in a pet store, a normal dog bed. They must have found it in the wild. He started whimpering a tune? It were as if he were whistling. I suppose this is better than a loud howl. But man was he good, and I soon started to dose off. I didn't know how, but that wolf lulled me to sleep with a bunch of whimpers! That was pretty cool.

I awoke to loud howls, from both inside the cave, and outside. I started to rise, when the mother wolf whispered "Sit, and be quiet." I obliged. I didn't know what was going on but the severity of her tone was enough to make me listen. I know I have been transformed into a wolf, after dying, and now I have the stereotypical "Status Screen" available to me, as well as a voice inside my head. But I was still reasonable. I laid down low in the bed, and waited for something to happen.

"So Colt, ya finally gonna beat me?" the lullaby wolf said. "Not me, my son. I'm a getting old and as the pack traditions state. "All aspiring alphas must win a combat challenge with the rest of the pack in audience, before they are granted the title of Alpha." another wolf said with a low, grovely voice. "Fair? I haven't seen that from your pack in years. But, I accept your terms. I, Buddy jr, of the Bare Paw Gypsy's, Son of Buddy sr. of the Domesticated, hereby accept the combat challenger from the pack of Martinely. Under the terms that his be a fight to the death, and that this be for all to see, I hereby accept your challenge." Buddy said. "Let's go old man." said a voice full of arrogance that could only belong to the challenger, and son of Colt.

And so the fight began.

3