Chapter 4
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight had just started, I was eager to see what would happen. Then the mother wolf grabbed me by the neck and brought me out to see the fight. Then she went back and grabbed my brother.

Buddy and Colt's son circled each other. "what's your name?" Buddy asked. "Colt the third." Colt III responded. "I thought your grandfather was named Sam?" "That was just what he went by." Colt III responded. "Well, I suppose it's time to start the festival." Buddy said. "I was thinking the same." They stopped in their tracks. Colt lunged his body forward with his mouth wide open. "Too obvious." said Buddy. Buddy stood his ground and went to claw Colt III's face. Colt III stopped. He jumped to Buddy's left. Buddy jumped to his right and started to circle Colt III. 

Colt pivoted to keep facing Buddy. Buddy stopped, and lunged. Colt stood ground but swerved his head to Buddy's left and went to bite his neck, then switched sides when Buddy turned his head to the left. Colt had juked him, then bit Buddy's neck only a little, because Buddy also turned his head.

Buddy knew he could beat Colt Sr, and Jr. He didn't know about the 3rd, but was confident. He knew all the tricks the colts had used on him and his father, and knew all their tactics. The only difference was this was a new generation. 

Buddy used his (Lullaby) skill that had been the signature skill used only by his bloodline. Colt growled immediately, he knew the easy defense of his skill. "Good boy." Colt Jr. growled like he was a villain that always planned ahead. It was Colt III's turn to use a skill. Buddy was ready. 

Colt started glowing a crimson red that made me mad. It was the Colt family's signature move (Rage), it gave the user +5 strength, agility, and endurance, but only lasted a bit. It also had the side effect of making others in the vicinity angry. He charged, jumped and landed on Buddy's back. Buddy tried to get away, but only dragged Colt. Colt was off of Buddy's body after less than a second and was just holding on while trying to drag buddy back. Buddy had a huge weight chewing on his tail and wanted to be free of it. Buddy turned around and bit Colt's snout which, in turn made Colt bite on Buddy's tail more. Buddy could handle it, he just wanted to do a bit of damage, and in turn get the weight off his tail.

The weight let go and was pissed. He had screwed up his new tactic so soon. He wanted to try again but knew that Buddy would catch on. He decided to use another skill. When he saw Buddy used one as well he knew this would decide the fight.

I saw both Wolves use strong skills at the same time and was surprised when they both charged at each other with insane speed and Colt grabbed onto buddy's neck and delivered a killing blow, or so it seemed. Buddy went limp and I was sad, not too sad, because I didn't know him that well, but I felt a connection to him. Colt grinned an ugly grin, likely because wolves weren't meant to smile. Colt howled signifying his victory. Then I saw Buddy get up slowly, and jump at Colt. In a flash Colt was on top of Buddy, ripping off the flesh of his neck. He needed to make sure he was dead, it was also the way to dishonor to the dead wolf. 

I looked at the mother wolf and saw that she was sad. She had no tears, as humans are the only creatures that use tears to signify sadness. I looked at the celebrating family of guests that had been dubbed victors. I didn't know what to do.

'System, what should I do?' I suggest you wait for events to transpire. 'Ok, can I see my status?' Just think "status" and your status screen will appear. 'Ok, status.'

Name: Zack Stat names: Stat allocations: Titles
Species: Dire Wolf Vitality 3 Blessed by mercy
Health 12/12 Strength 7 Otherworlder
Mana: 1/2 Dexterity 5  
Exp. Agility 5  
0/100 Intelligence 13  
Status: Wilpower 12  
Fine Magic 0.2  
Age: Defense 5  
1 Years old Luck 12  

 

Bite Lv: 1 User simply bites target
Claws Lv: 1 User simply swipes claws at target

'Huh? When did I get a passive skill? And I have 1 mana.' You got the skill when you slept, and your soul and the original soul of the dire wolf melded. You get mana passively, depending on your Magic skill. 'Huh...'

'Am I in the same world?' No. 'What's with the simple answers?' Your reaction is funny, that is all. This world is much like your own, the difference is: All creatures have a me. Otherwise known as a "system". Humans also aren't a thing. They went extinct long ago. The god(s) of this world created these systems for intelligent creatures, but there were none, so they made all creatures intelligent. 'Oooookaaayyyyyyyyyy... So why am I here?' No idea. 'Well that's kinda stupid.' The system didn't answer so I moved on.

While I was busy talking to the system, the other wolfs started to approach. "Well Samantha, you know the rules. This is our cave now." Colt Jr said. "I know..." Samantha replied with a huff. "My mate just died, allow me a day to process that and gather our stuff." "Your stuff?" Colt Jr replied. "Your stuff is our stuff now, and a day is too long. Get your pup and get out." "Yes."

Samantha started to walk into the cave when "Where do you think your going? Huh?" Colt asked. "To get my pup, he wandered back in during the fight." Samantha replied. "That one stays with us." said one of Colts lakeys. "No! Not my child!" Samantha growled. "Yes! Yes your child!" Colt Jr said. "I won't let you!" "Get her." Said Colt III. I ran as the lackeys all jumped on my mother. I didn't know what to do. "Run! Run, my child!" howled my mother as she fought off the wolves. I ran, and ran, as fast, and as far as I could. How could I not? I was terrified.

I ran, and after a while I looked back. I didn't see my mother. The wolf known as Samantha, was dead.

4