4- At Least He Was Alive
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His stomach growled and all of its acids sprinted up his throat. But he desperately swallowed them in.

His eyelids trembled but after shutting them for a second they stopped.

His body was acting against him. He had to stay calm, the monster thought that he wasn't able to see him, if he showed how scared he was… he would be doomed.

The monster was the same as the other one, his torso was swaying between his elbows as he walked with two long arms.

Davish walked as if he hadn't seen a thing. The monster swayed on its place, his eyes staring at Davish.

It was just like the sickled monster had said… bad things would keep happening to him. If he stayed here, he wouldn't be the only one to get hurt…

Get hurt?

No… maybe it wasn't as simple as that… he had lost his family, he had lost the people who he used their house and food… he didn't want kind people like the doctor to die because of him.

He passed by the monster. And after a few steps. Something hit the floor, so loud that it would be abnormal if he didn't notice.

Davish turned around, to find the monster's hand drilled in the floor and the monster looking at him with a red blood smile.

"You see..."

At that second Davish heart rose, and he let out his fear,

"Aaaaaaah..."

His scream was real and out of his aching heart, but instead of looking at the monster he looked at the damaged floor.

"Who did that!! A ghost!!! Where is it!!! Help me!"

One of the doors in the corridor opened, and an old man got out.

Davish eyes met the old man's and with trembling hand Davish pointed at the collapsed floor, "s-something hit that floor! It had suddenly exploded! Ma-my family is haunting me..."

The old man's eyes widened at the collapsed floor, then at the boy who looked the most non-human thing in the corridor.

After all, Davish was wrapped in gauze, tall with no eyelashes and crackled as he moved…

The old man shut the door at Davish, and never opened again…

"No… don't leave me alone."Davish slowly looked at the collapsed floor.

He squatted and hid his head between his knees, "I'm sorry mom and sister, please don't kill me."

He shook as if life had expired. And it was real, his life was really about to expire, if his act hadn't worked and the monster started walking again.

Davish couldn't help smiling. His stings no more felt as horrible as before and he wished to cry his air out… life never felt better… even though he had just lost his family… such feeling overwhielmed… his family?

No it was't like that…

Had he really felt comfortable with such a defective body, when he had just lost his family?

His smile faded…

And he slowly stood again…

He walked with heavy steps, and rrached an elevator. As the elevator reached the floor many nurses got out.

They asked him what had happened and he said the floor collapsed suddenly and woke him up.

They asked him where was he headed of course, and he simply said,"to the garden, to taste some fresh air."

That was enough, in such an insecure country… to get out…

In the elevator… the boy closed his eyes…

And recalled his family…

One time his mother told him that he was a monster as well… after all, during all of his life, he had never cried. Nonetheless, he felt happy for the death of his father…

His sister told him he was a trash… and slowly when his friends understood how uncaring he was… they disappeared…

"Hahaha" the boy chuckled.

He looked at his hand and clenched, it clenched slower and harder than when he was healthy…

He continued chuckling.

He moved his neck and heard crackling sound. Moved his leg and it crackled even stronger… and then he looked at the elevator mirror and with two fingers moved some of the gauze that wrapped his face…

The nose once it was praised for its small size and straightness had one nostril melted on the other and many darkened areas, his left cheeck was thinner, lighter and more peeled than his darkened right cheek… and the two mole under his right eye and lip weren't there.

Silently he returned his gauze back in place.

And stayed silent…

The elevator reached the ground floor.

A few nurses and doctors were down. They asked him why was ge here and he gave the same answer.

And continued his way out of the hospital, silent and slow… until he got to the main street…

He chuckled again…

"Still, even though I'm a monster, I lived..."

 

Always stay healthy.

If you like the story please comment favorite and rate on it.

And the story is currently on its 9th chapter on royal road. If you feel like continuing it there please review or rate there as well. That will help me so much.

Thanks.

1