5- The First Time Out
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had a friend. He was called Alune, his wall to wall neighbor and childhood friend. They knew each other one year prior to their first year in school.

When they were six Davish was finally permitted to venture his neighborhood. His parents along with any other family in Imran-their country- found giving their children freedom was the hardest decision… because every month there would be a kidnapped child who would either return chopped to pieces in exchange for an enormous amount of cash or never return…

But the children had to go out eventually, had to see the world… and Davish, since his childhood, wasn't the normal type.

It was the summer sun of Lozeday the third day of the week… exactly in the 4th of Mux, 1445 P.E

The third month of the year, Mux, had a good taste to it, it wasn't hot or cold, with no rain or sand storms… it was the most peaceful month of the year.

Davish had the darkest eyes a human could have. His black hair moved to the slightest wind and his eyes were, since his birth, half-opened.

Davish was by the kitchen door in front of their white family car which sparkled as his father had washed it yesterday.

Every night his dad asked him to bring him some water from the third floor… and he always followed his orders… but one night he had got the water a little bit earlier…

His father had already pulled a huge box along with his mother to their room.

When they entered, he couldn't prevent his curiosity from taking a peek through the small slit the unclosed door left.

His father had pulled their bed up, and… the most beautiful scenery showed.

They had been yellow, sparkling, and very beautiful. His dad and mom opened the box and took more of that yellow rectangular pieces and hid them along… Davish later understood that his father in one stage of his life was one of the richest people in the country.

And that memory reminded coming up to his head whenever he looked at his father's car.

He was at the kitchen door, his mother wrapping his wrist with dark-colored fabric that had a paper sewed in.

"I don't need it."

"No Davish, this is the enchantment of protection. Our sorcerer Marcle got it from God… remember a faithful people are always protected."

They told him that God was merciful, but nothing was free. God created people so he could be known because a god was never a god unless his creations acknowledged him as so.

Their religion Alsura was one of the greatest religions around. It always told what was good and prohibited what was bad. The religion came from Marcle the prophet God had bestowed with the job of leading stray people to the true acknowledgment of god.

When Davish left the house his mother kept standing by the door for minutes. Her heart appeared aching to Davish, but his curiosity led him to ignore that…

And it was great.

The air was polluted with cars' exhausts smoke and there were no trees on the street.

Their house was alined along with many other houses on the main street that had one of its sides closed by the district's people.

This monopolized street was the best way for the kids to play football. The pavement had no shades. Kids were gathering on the street prepared to play. The owner of the ball was the king, what he wanted must come true and his friends would for sure be the attackers of the team, and the fat kid would always stay the goalkeeper.

Davish stood by the edge of the pavement, his smile bloomed and his hand waved at the king of the game.

"I want to play!" He yelped.

The kids who surrounded the king made a small space for him to show.

looking at Davish with a hanged nose the king asked the boy of his name and age.

"It's Davish Tha.Rune. I want to be friends."

Davish was a bold child. He could easily smile, social fear wasn't in him and he was the healthiest child a parent could wish for.

But…

The king waved his hand at him, "nah. We already have all the team."

Davish understood the lie… they were lacking. He had watched many games on the tv before and knew the rules well… and was sure they lacked three players…

But they didn't want him…

And also didn't want the boy under the umbrella who was staring at them from the step of the neighboring house.

The house that stuck to his.

Davish stared at the king with no smile, then glanced at the boy.

"I see," said Davish leaving the king alone.

He walked to the boy under the umbrella…

If you like the story so you can find it on its tenth chapter under the same name on Royal Road. Just don't forget to rate it here and on Royal Road, because that will help me a lot

0