Chapter 2: Parasite
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's good to hear Kiramaru."

"I haven't heard my name in so long i almost forgot what it was. I guess I wont need it anymore."

"That's not true at all."

His tone changed, is this what him serious is like?

"You may no longer be human after your rebirth but for a deity , a name can be a source of strength. In your case it might be a little different but it's all up to you."

"Source of strength? Like when we pray to Gods for better harvests?"

"You have lots of questions but too bad times run out, you need to get started with our fun deal! Don't worry about things too much just trust in mana."

Damn right i have more ques-

The open waters vanished before I could finish my thoughts and was surrounded by the open field that looked all too familiar.

Wait is this the harvesting field that's close to the house? Then that means I'm nearby to where it ended. Hmmmmmm... I should probably train before rushing off to fight these deities.

"Ooi!"

When looking behind myself I saw a local farmer to the village nearby running over.

What does he want, wait does anyone from that village know I died?

Rustle rustle.

Behind me stood a man crouched over in the tall grass searching for something.

"Wait was he shouting to this guy, did they not see me?"

Ko mentioned we can choose to be seen. This might be handy actually, i wont need to sneak around for information in the future.

The man running from behind passed through me without stopping and stood in front of the crouched man out of breathe.

"Yo! The elder asked how the crops were coming. Haa...Jeez i ran far, I work too hard for nothing."

"Well it's not for nothing, look here. These are the seeds I planted a week ago and look at them now."

Between all the grass was a tiny sapling that had started sprouting.

"Wooooaaaahhh!!! Soon this dying land will grow strong again, we finally start living like the way things were back then."

How is this... Crops are growing, and didn't he say a week ago? Is that when I died?

"This is a miracle, we should head back and report this to the elder, thank the gods the witch died in that fire."

"I guess the gods are looking out for us after all."

There were no gods responsible! You greedy villagers killed an innocent man. Hina did nothing wrong yet she died, and you all get to live on happy...Wait why are they happy, we didn't curse the land so there must have been a reason.

Kiramaru's teeth grinded as he held a clenched fist to his sides.

A deity! Ko knew too, he grinned when i asked about them affecting weather. I need to know!

As the wind blew through the field, I leaped forward to the villages direction. My feet were off the ground for so long I felt as though i was gliding rather than sprinting.

"It seems my physical capabilities did increase somewhat, although my body hasn't changed. With speed like this i can easily get there in minutes."

With the village in site I started increasing speed but my head began getting dizzy, I felt a wave incoming and my site doubled for a second. I tried stopping but was met by the floor after tripping at high speed.

"oooww_"

Wait? only ow... I was running faster than most people could, but it didn't even hurt that much. My new bodies a little more durable too now i guess. What was that though, it was like a wave focused toward something.

"Somethings coming..."

When i looked forward the floor in front of me began cracking until it eventually split. Two massive thin claw-type legs rooted into the ground beside the opening in the ground. The legs began pulling out a large beetle covered in dirt and roots wrapping around its limbs and body.

"No way- Its a demon..."

The large creature stood upright on all six of its legs and stretched up, it shook rapidly to the sides before lowering its body into an intimidating stance.

Its pinsirs on the side of its face un-clenched as it let out a roar that shot spit and drool forward in all directions.

"Food... Hungry...so- Hungry."

The demons voice had a husky tone that spoke in small phrases.

So demons can still talk. Ko said they were humans once too so there might still have be some humanity in this thing.

"You're same..."

"What? What are you talking ab-"

"You're the same as my last meal."

"Last lunch...do you mean.."

"She was full of mana, that meal lasted so long."

The more the big parasite began talking the more i got enraged, my fists clenched and my teeth grinded.

Following this was a strong burning sensation that began filling my body, as if I was lit on fire starting from the inside.

"You'll be first demon. Yeah... my first kill!"

"Your mana is much higher than the girls, I'll have a long feast on you!"

The demon launched forward charging head first with its pinsirs aimed straight to my body.

My body is definitely different, if my speed has become this amazing my strength should have too.

My body launched forward straight under the demons head and took a heavy swing into the bottom of it's jaw.

"Eat this parasite!"

Whoooosh! Smaash!!

With a solid hit into the parasites jaw it cracked through part of its hard skull and damaged the left pinsir, leaving it's face cracked.

"Kyaaaaaaaa!!!"

The demon wailed in pain' lifting it's head up as it started struggling, moving frantically and swinging its head to the side.

One punch and i managed to break the skull, that confirms I'm definitely stronger. Even so, what hasn't changed is that my hand really hurts! So even if I'm a little stronger I'm not that different...yet anyways.

"If I'm gonna kill this thing I'll need to do more than punch it, especially since I might break my hand if I do."

"You're gonna pay for that kid, can't you see how big I... How big I- I'm."

The demons body radiated a red glow all over it's body, it's eyes turned red and the beast leaped forward.

"What happening to-"

"Aaaaahhhh!"

The demon trapped me between it's pinsirs while continuously squeezing tighter, in seconds I was completely immobilized.

"It's so fast! It was barely moving earlier, I thought it's size made it slower but now he moves so fast."

"Feast! Feast!"

So this is the effects of being consumed by you'r desires, where it changes you completely. His only goal is to feast.

Light began resonating from my body, it started pouring out of me and into the demons mouth. He was consuming my mana.

"Wait! He's eating my mana... I feel... tired. This is what put Hina into that state. She had to do this for all that time, he fed off her like a meal."

My body was engrossed in a black aura. It resembled black smoke and was soon followed by a intense black flame.

"The burning, it's become stronger. This black flames is my mana, I feel certain."

If I can I need these flames to kill this thing. He needs to pay, he needs to burn just like Hina did!

The flames grew intensely and spread all over the demon face burning it severely.

"Kyaaaaaa!!"

The demon let me go and whimpered backwards before making a full on escape by running.

"Uggh! It hurts but he still can move so I need to. Don't you dare run!"

I ran after the demon as we headed into the forest area, my body was a bit numb from being munched on but with my speed I started closing the gap. Although we made it quite far out into the forest before I was right behind the parasite.

Nowhere to run you para-

Shing!

1