Chapter 3: Moto
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?"
A large glowing white sword fell from the sky and impaled the demon right down the center of its body. The demon's body burst immediately after into a black and red collection of mana.
My heads pulsing again, this happened last time the demon showed up.
Kiramaru looked up to see a man standing in the trees in front of him wearing gold and red armor.
He seemed to be a deity like me. Well not quite like me, he is definitely stronger than me.
"Why?"
"That was my question. Why what?!"
"Why has a kid like you decided to die today?"
Die? So he's also an enemy, well that's perfect. Cause I'm planning on killing him also!"
Kiramaru ran to the tree in front of him and covered himself in flames. After burying his feet in the dirt he punched the tree directly which spread the flames up the body of the tree. It only took seconds before the whole tree was engulfed in the black flames.
"Come down or burn you, coward!"
"Coward? How dare you, you child."
The sword that was sheathed in the ground where the demon was slain flew to kiramaru and slammed into his back, knocking him through the tree.
The stranger jumped from the tree and floated to the ground.
"My name is Moto, god of the isesaki territory."
The sword vanished into the air as fast as it was called out.
"Tell me, child, why have you entered my territory knowing how weak you are?"
"He wasn't yours to kill!"
Kiramaru began standing but before he could fully get off the ground, multiple small daggers appeared out of the air and dropped down and impaled his limbs to hold him down to the ground.
"You mean the demon?"
"He made my sister suffer, I needed to make him pay..."
These daggers were so fast, I couldn't even hear them. His power must be to summon and control weapons, that's the only way, but I still don't know how many he can summon or what types of weapons he could still be hiding.
"What's your name?"
"Kiramaru."
"I've never heard that name before, that confirms it. You really are a weakling through and through, beg for your life and I will release you. As long as you never return to my territory you can-"
"Like hell, I will! I've only been a deity less than a day and already lost two fights! If you want me to beg you can try pulling those words right out from my mouth!!"
The flames from my body wouldn't be able to reach him from here, then I'll just force my way out!
Kiramaru raised his arms, the daggers in both his arm remained firmly in the ground but he forced his arm straight up through and got them free. He did this with both his legs and Moto showed a baffled expression.
"Less than a day? You can already control flames, barely but still impressive."
Moto continued analyzing Kiramaru as he got up and gathered his strength, although covered in wounds he looked as if he hadn't noticed he had any.
"I see, so you are a new deity. I assume you don't know of territories do you?"
He's getting awfully chummy all of a sudden but It doesn't matter. I can't let my guard down even if I have a plan, he is far too dangerous.
"Well then? I can tell you wish to continue, so if you won't make the first move-"
Moto was face to face with Kiramaru instantly with his fist buried in kiramaru's stomach.
"I will."
"Uggghhhhh!"
Kiramaru fell backward short of breath.
He's fast, much faster than me. So is physical abilities outmatch me as well, meaning the only way to win at this point would be to get him to-
Moto was right behind Kiramaru but with his palm slammed into his back this time.
"Gyyaaaa!!"
I can't even get time to think.
"So you're only powers are the black flames huh?"
"Shut it!"
Moto got in close and buried another fist into his stomach. This one seemed to carry some anger with it.
"For someone so weak you give some tall orders kid, you need to learn some respect for your gran elders. Just answer the questions child and this will be over faster."
What's his aim I wonder... Whatever it is I don't care, I cant take more of those stomach shots, I feel like I'm about to burst.
"Just the flames..."
"What was that?"
"I only have the flames!"
"What did the demon do to your sister?"
As they Moto questioned Kiramaru they continued their one-sided beat down where Kiramaru would continuously get stomach punched and hit in the face.
"He said he fed off her mana. Gyyaaa!"
"If your sister was human, that meant she had remarkably high mana. She most definitely ran out of mana and he began feeding on her life force."
"Why the questions? You're nothing like how Ko described."
"Ko? Who's that, another deity you met?"
He hasn't met Ko yet, meaning he creates deities remotely. I'm guessing he doesn't talk to humans or deities like he did with me. He said he had no connections with humans, but I thought after they become deities he must have spoken to one or two but maybe not.
"Ko is... a uhhh. old friend. He believed in gods when I was still human."
I can't trust this guy, keeping Ko's identity hidden might be a good thing for now.
The relentless beatings from Moto came to a sudden halt when he lowered his fists and completely dropped his intentions to fight.
"I see you really are fresh. Haa-."
"Oi we're not done yet, I can keep going!"
Moto's eyes radiated a strong yellow glow that carried huge pressure, although his body didn't have to even move.
"What is th-... I can't even keep my balance."
This Moto guy really is a deity, he pushed me down with only a stare. He wasn't even fighting with a quarter of his strength earlier. Meaning if I fought head-on with him I wouldn't last a second.
It's frustrating but the fact of the matter I'm weak right now. Plus he didn't even use his powers, getting hit by the handle of that huge sword was enough to knock me down.
"Do you get it now? You're not strong enough to even stand against me. Now tell me what is your reason for fighting."
"My reason?"
"I doubt it was that demon earlier, after I killed it you attacked me without a second thought. Meaning you were after anything you could fight."
He's been analyzing me since we met, he's not only strong but extremely perceptive. What should I do, if I lie there's a good chance he will see through it.
"My reason? I don't have one. I simply want to become stronger so I don't end up as I did in my old life."
I'm not really lying, just leaving out the details. Hopefully, this is enough to convince him.
"I see."
Moto glared directly into Kiramarus eyes to judge the situation. They both seemed to be sizing each other up.
"That's a relief. Haaaaa."
"What..."
This guy's whole aura is different... Was it all an act? Whatever happened I just hope he's on my side, I can't afford to have him as an enemy.
"Well then Kiramaru you want to get stronger, I'll show you how."
"Huh!!!"
"What, you don't want my help?"
I can't read this guy at all, he went from pummeling me half to death to offering me help? Can I really trust him as my main concern? Also... Why is he so calm about it!
"You seem to still be guarded but don't worry, I won't harm you further. I attacked you under the assumption you were a deity trying to cultivate my land."
"Cultivate your land? You mean like take over your territory?"
"Indeed, most deities like myself claim territories, so increasing territory size or claiming more is only natural for progression. This leads to conflict among deities."
I see his story lines up with what Ko said. Going off this I can't imagine he has any other motives then, but I don't see why he would just help me out.
"Your reasoning seems fair but what would you gain out of helping me out, could it be you have taken pity on me?"
"Honestly I'm not sure why myself."
This guy. He didn't seem like an idiot before but I guess this confirms it.
"You remind me, of how I was when I changed. The day I became a deity I was confused, scared, and untrusting. I don't expect anything but I don't see you as an evil person. You've suffered loss, and now you seek power."
"I see..."
Dammit! This guy seriously bugs me, but he's different from those villagers. Their hate and killing intent was so obvious it might well have been written on their faces but this guy.
"Please...Show me how to get stronger!"

1