Chapter 4: My test
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cover Art Created by [email protected] for business contact inquiry. And instagram https://www.instagram.com/hanzo_art/

"Alright kid, now you sound more up to the task. You're going to have to be as strong though."

He said he is going to teach me but looking at him now, he doesn't seem that old. Plus with that blonde hair, he can't have been borne in this area, was he?

"Mister Moto sir, how did you come to be the deity of this-"

"Oi! No blabbering around."

Moto went straight back to his ways and sent a fist into Kiramaru's stomach sending him to the floor instantly.

Ok so I guess no questions with this guy, but seriously I don't know what to feel when he hits me. It's the rush of pain and then I get reminded how weak I am. Basically paling in comparison to him.

"Moto...What did you have in mind?"

"Hmmm. Your not much of a warrior, yet. Your mana usage is sloppy and you have no fight sense at all."

This is his idea of help, I might be better off alone.

"That being said, the only answer is to train. I won't personally send you through any training routines but as far as battle knowledge goes, the best teacher is experience."

Training is to be expected, but I'm scared to think about what kind of fighting experience this crazy monster has waiting for me...

"Okohano. A village not too far west of here, where there's a forest perfect to get you ready for fighting deities."

"What's in the forest that I have to fight?"

Moto changed his presence back to the serious vibe he gave off earlier. This was a warrior's presence.

"You will face what is in that forest head-on. No preparation, by going in blind you can open your eyes to the challenge you will need to get stronger."

"Perfect. That's exactly the way I wanted things."

Interesting that this forest is all I need. There must be a powerful foe there, or possibly another problem I will need to take care of. Whatever it is I cant take likely, seeing as its moto it will definitely not be easy.

"I feel dizzy..."
Kiramaru fell to the ground after losing balance and passed out. Pools of drool ran from his mouth followed by snoring

"I was wondering when all that fatigue would catch up to him. I guess I'll have to handle you. Good work, Kiramaru.

Two days later.

Where am I? I passed out, but wheres Moto?

"Finally you're up, I've had to watch your body for the past two days."

"Two days?!"

"Yeah I know, I'm way too nice to you. Don't get used to it, I'll still hit you when you don't show respect."

He didn't have to raise a fist after saying that, I completely believed him.

"I don't have any injuries or fatigue? Is this my regeneration or some kind of healing from you?"

"Don't flatter yourself, your wounds would have taken weeks to recover, especially with all the mana you used in your beatdown with me."

He doesn't have to remind me, even though I feel completely healed I can remember the pain clearly.

"You may contain regenerative properties from being a deity but the level is based on how strong you mana is, because yours was so weak I gave it a boost. Although most of the healing had to be done by your own body so it took two days."

Damn it, I thought I might have had a rare gift but it seems I was below average.

"Thank you Moto."

"Eh? What's up with that half baked thank you, I can see the disappointment hanging on you're face a mile away."

What does he expect, I can't be this weak, to beat the deities I'll have to be stronger than him and now I hear I can't even heal fast enough. I need to get to Okohano fast and get stronger.

"Never mind then!"

"Hahaha, you embarrass easily. You sure you're not a girl?"

"I don't have time for this, I'm good to go so I might as well be on my way."

"Hehehe."

Moto gave off a seriously creepy grin to Kiramaru, evil and sneaky intent filled the space.

"You leave as soon as you get past me."

"What? I lost to you already how can I beat you after just loosing!"

Is this some kind of joke, or another cruel lesson of his? I don't have time for him.

"Moto I need to pass, what do you want?"

"You heard me right, you need to beat me, or rather you need to beat my test."

"Test? I don't have the time for such leisures."

"This test is what decides if you can go, what waits for you in Okohano is far more dangerous. If you can get passed my test I will allow you to leave."

There's no fighting him, I don't believe moto has any secret motives or desire to stop my goal.

"Alright. Bring on your test."

Kiramaru gave off a serious aura of his own, not as strong as Moto but one none the less.

Moto raised his arm and brought down his hand, following it was a large glowing white shield that crashed down into the ground.

"It's simple really, this is one of my shields that I can create. All you gotta do is give it a crack, It can be as small as an ant but it's gotta crack."

All I got to do is crack it.

"As far as rules go, you can use whatever you want as long as it cracks. I placed a dome around the area in case you decide to give up and ru-"

"Hyyaaaaa!!!"

Ba ba ba ba ba ba

"Woah that kids really going at it, he definitely has the spirit. It's too bad though, that shield cant is cracked by any attack he throws."

Moto made his way to a rock planted in front of the shield and sat down watching Kiramaru slam at the shield over and over.

"Hya! Gaaahh! I guess fire won't work either. My punches and kicks just don't do anything, my bodies not strong enough."

Hours passed by of Kiramaru striking the shield from different angles, using his flames to burn it and even striking it with rocks in a moment of irritation.

I'm certain my attacks cant get through to this thing, but I need to pass. Moto gave me a seriously hard task but is it impossible? NO, I won't let it be, I just need a new plan of action...

Kiramaru sat down for a few minutes thinking about what his new plan would be but soon got tired of and leaned against the shield.

"I wonder if I can lift it- What is this?"

That weird sensation, it's kind of like when I use my flames but different. Was it the shield, all I did was put my hand on it...

"What's that kid doing? Now he's admiring my shield...maybe this kid isn't ready. Doesn't matter, if this test works right then his will shall break before that shield does."

It's a flow of energy, a flow of mana. It's always moving and balancing itself out, I can feel the pressure it's making to keep its shape. What happens when I shift the pressure out?

Kiramaru's arms began tightening up as the pressure from the mana build-up started squeezing his arm. His whole body followed soon after when he continued shifting the pressure.

"I see it now. All I have to do is shift the mana like a ripple and then!"

"What's the blabbering about? Maybe he worked himself into a state of crazy."

The force around Kiramaru's body exploded out and the shield's glimmering white was disrupted for a brief moment.

Chink

"This is mana, I guess I have a slight feel for it now. This is a good start for what's to come."

"He did it? This kid really is something. Oiiii kid!"

Moto was watching this whole time? I assumed he had other things to do seeing as he is a deity.

"Moto I cracked it, I have passed your test."

"Kid how did you crack it, after measuring your strength you shouldn't have been strong enough to even nudge it?"

"I used mana, well the mana of the shield."

"What? That's not possible, a deity cannot use another deities mana because the nature of mana is unique to the deity or demon and can only be controlled as such."

"Seriously, I thought this whole test was your way of showing me how to do this."

(This kid, what a monstrous power he has. Not only has his use of mana been quite high but he now can go against the fundamentals of mana.)

"Kiramaru. You have a goal and have shown me you will be able to chase it. In Okohano you can grow stronger, I'm sure of it."

"Thank you mister Moto, I shall repay you someday."

"You can do that by promising me you will return here once you have gotten stronger."

"You can be sure I will be much stronger when next we meet."

Even though we didn't say it, I know exactly what Moto means. When I have gotten stronger I will return here to face him again.

Moto prepared light supplies for Kiramaru to take on his journey and when the sun rose on another day he set off towards the west.

"Kiramaru. He has latent abilities, I'm sure he's connected to HIM somehow."

1