Chapter 5:the situation
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hope I'm close, I've been walking for five days now and all those supplies I got from Moto seem to be running low now.

Where others would be worried or possibly scared of such a dangerous journey, Kiramaru took it head-on because he had experience on his side. He would often need to travel without resources and knowledge of where he was so he could find new food spots when the land started dying.

I hope I can find it soon, I don't like that I'm used to the harsh environments already.

-Come-

"What was that?"

It definitely sounded like a voice, but I don't see anyone around. Maybe I'm imagining it, I've definitely been out here too long...Haa~(A sigh)

"Wait there it is!"

Up ahead the wood build houses and stables could be seen, although what seemed most strange to Kiramaru was the samurai seen pacing around the village entrance.

"Samurai? Why would one be out here, unless the village sent a request for one? This might be related to the reason I'm here, I guess I won't get much rest. Haa~."

Samurai don't usually come out for useless matters unless it's a trainee in which case they deal with thieves and criminals. That one seems to be a higher class one, so whatever waiting for me there is gonna be tough.

Samurai are divided into different ranks which determine what type of jobs they handle. The classes are trainee, warrior, and general. The trainee being the lowest class only handles high cases of theft and basic problems. Warriors are sent to war and handle all fights among other territories. General is the highest and strongest class, which is in charge of leading territories fighters and take care of nation-level problems.

He's questioning people at the gate, I might have to sneak in.

"Oi! You can't leave here you hag. Haven't you heard, people from this shitty village are going missing. Any more and it will be on my head."

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any point in getting involved, especially seeing as I can just walk through, hehe.

The village had many houses built within closed-off walls made of wood and material but the number of people seen seemed less than it should be. They all looked distraught and worried, most probably about the missing people case that was heard at the entrance.

Hmmmmm, I should probably do some reckon and then head out. If it's a village there should be a leader or chief who will know but where would his house be?

Kiramaru scanned around the area in place for about three seconds before seeing the house that was not only built bigger than all the others but had two villagers with spears standing by the door.

...Bingo.

"Aaah screw it, standing around here won't do me anything!"

The samurai from the gate is heading to the chief's tent, this could be my way in. I'll just follow and hear them out for now.

Kiramaru walked right behind the agitated samurai as he swings open the door and barges into the leader's house.

"Oii! Nobody here knows anything, I'm tired of talking to half death old people and snot-nosed brats, Imma inspect that forest myself."

"What, how dare you! You are supposed to guard our village while you wait for your reinforcements to arrive, If you leave we won't be getting what we are paying for."

"Relax, if I go out and find out where these people are disappearing it's going to protect you in the future. It's completely embarrassing to think a samurai needs help finding some missing people!"

"You better do your job! I won't pay for people who talk big but just end up disappearing as well."

"Yeah yeah you just watch your mouth, remember who's been protecting your little village here for so long. Without us, you wouldn't have people to be looking for in the first place!"

-Come to...-

The voice, I can hear it again.

Kiramaru rushed outside the house creating bafflement among the guards at seeing a door open by itself.

I get the most of the situation, but what's bothering me is that voice. It's still faint but it has gotten clearer. Maybe It's-

"Don't worry you geezer, I won't need to wait a month for those guys, I'll be back with you're missing villagers or the location of their dead bodies hahaha!"

This guy...I almost want to let him go, but I don't even know the danger of what lies in that forest. How can I get him and the villagers to stay away, I don't have much time to think.

"Hey, you! I'll go instead."

"Huh? Who's this guy, trying to be a hero kid, where'd you come from out the blue?. Well, give it up you brat. Oi geezer, you should watch over your kids here, they seem to want to die, hahaha."

"I've never seen this man before, he does not belong to this village. Who are you and what did you mean by you will go?"

"You deaf? Its exactly as I said, I'll go and bring back the villagers as long as you provide me with some supplies and money. As for who I am, I'm not from this village but I can fight, I'll anyways be stronger than this second rate samurai."

"Second...rate, I guess you want to die you brat!"

"Oh my, you might be promising after all."

Kiramaru dodged the swords swing with ease and even turned his back to the samurai, looking right into the village leaders' direction.

"How dare you...I won't be made a fool of!"

"You won't beat me but how about this, lets make a bet to decide who gets to go. If I win then you have to wait for a month before leaving your post, here at the village while I go inspect this forest."

"You insolent pest, I will gladly destroy you. When I strike you down you will spend the rest of you're days as my servant!"

"Doesn't seem to fair to me, but seeing as I will win I won't object. First to get knocked on his ass loses, deal?"

"Deal!"

This is good, this way I have someone guarding the village while I go clear the forest of whatever lies inside.

"Hyaaaa!!"

The samurai ran forward with his sword raised above his head, eagerly about to slash into kiramaru.

I guess these guys going for the kill, I should be on guard and knock him down when he creates an opening.

"Dodge this you peasant!"

Woosh

While your side is wide open I'll try a punch to his ribs but I doubt he will let this get through.

Crack woosh thud thud

Oh...maybe I overestimated him.

"Ooowwww! How could...to a child.'

I really expected more from a man meant to protect people, but I guess my body is an exception. Well, at least I'll have the forest to myself.

"Hey, chief, where can I find this forest? Also maybe have someone take a look at that guy, I heard a rib break."

"This kid... I won't be able to pay you uuhh, warrior?"

"Haa~ My names not important, neither the money. If you have any supplies I'll take those, also new clothes."

I'm sick of rags, I'll need something more fitting for blending in on my travels. I doubt people would talk to me when I look like a peasant.

"We have no supplies either sadly, with so many of our farmers and gathers missing, we aren't able to supply this month's food for everyone. We are barely able to survive ourselves, but as far as clothes go we can handle that. We will prepare you with clothes and a room for the night if you could please help us, traveler."

Supplies might be an issue but I'm sure I can handle it.

"No need for a room, I'll take the clothes and head to the forest immediately."

1