Chapter 6: Okohano forest
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmmmmm."

he did say the forest was this way right, I don't see it anywhere. Guess all I can do is keep walking...that village elder, he really seemed to care for his people. He reminded me of a father caring for his children, I wonder if things were a bit different if Hina and I could have been that way with our village.

"Eh? When did It get so foggy around here, the sun was still out moments ago."

Kiramaru was surrounded by a thin layer of fog that hung over everything around him. The rocks, tree's and pathway were barely visible making him uneasy.

-Come to me, I...-

"The voice has grown clearer again...There's no doubt about, If I continue onwards I'll be able to find that voice, as well as whatever's in that forest."

I'll take it on head-on!

The fog only grew thicker as Kiramaru continued forward, as all the scenery around him was engulfed by the emptiness.

"Am I in the forest now? It's hard to tell with nothing to reference from-"

"Gyaaaaa!"

Woosh

"Woah! A demon already...that hit was pretty close as well, I barely dodged it."

"Gyaa! Raaaaaa!"

Kiramaru jumped back from the rampaging demon and created distance between them by kicking it towards a tree.

This thing's just mindlessly swinging its claws around, and seeing as It's a human-like demon It can't be that powerful right? I can take this, head on right!

Kiramaru dashed forward ready to launch a fist into it and hit the demon straight into the tree it got up from. As he pulled away ready to through another swing, the demon sunk its claws into his arm.

"Aaahhh! Get off me."

Thump

It got me...It actually got me. It's still attacking, these things like an animal! Wait that's it, it's been consumed by an emotion of some sort...think.

Kiramaru jumped to the tree beside him and made his way up by jumping from branch to branch. NOw that he has gotten high ground he began planning.

It's not that strong but it been delivering endless attacks, each attack was focused on grappling me though, not dealing damage. It must be trying to eat me because as a human it starved until its hunger leads it to turn.

"Seeing as it's attacking the tree and not climbing, these human-like demon cant be very bright either. They really are just like wild beasts and if this was a villager, I'll have to...I will."

Kiramaru jumped over to the next tree on his left and began breaking off branches and waved it around a bit before satisfied.

This should work!

"Moto said to take things head-on, I think he meant in my way. So I will take this challenge on, in my way!"

"Raaaaa!"

Fwish Fwish

The demon continued slashing at the tree he stood over with its tiny claws over and over without a thought.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I just had to prepare but I can kill you now!"

Kiramaru leaped down with the branch raised above his head, mimicking the samurai he had defeated not too long ago.

"Hyaa! Ha, it worked, this should keep the distance while still allowing me to still damage it."

Kiramaru tossed the branch in the air slightly flipping the sharp end towards the enemy, and took a stance that faced towards the enemy demon in a serious manner.

"If I remember right it was like this and then...Hya! Now you can rest, I'm sorry you were brought here."

Weapons seem like the way to go, I should prepare some now that I have time.

After some time had passed.

"I hope this material on my arm holds up, but with these, I should be able to get through this forest... I've never used a bow for fighting before but when hunting animals I wasn't that bad a shot."

Looking at what I know so far, the fog seems to be mana, and there's a voice that originates from the forest but all sense of direction is lost from the fog. Seeing as I ran into a demon immediately after entering there might be more in here.

Kiramaru spent time making his way through the waves of single demon that appear out of nowhere only to be destroyed in quick fights, most of which were used to test his weaponry and sword skill. (Well branches and stick skills)

These guys aren't that hard at all, in fact, I'm actually getting a little bored with these guys coming out of the blue.

Looking at it now, they all had a few similarities. Firstly they all had human-like bodies, only things that changed were their teeth and claws. I think this is their way of being able to kill for food, almost like animals.

Secondly, they all had much stronger bodies due to being demon but none of the ones I faced so far were that smart. Most couldn't even figure out how to get past my weapons.

"I feel pretty tired actually, could it be night already? Wait that means I've been fighting all day...What if some run into me while I sleep...Should I even sleep?"

No, I definitely should, I can't lose my edge and underestimate my opponents even if they have been weak so far.

He stood still scanning his field of view to spark any ideas but didn't seem to find any that would help. The situation seemed to drag on for him but only took seconds before realizing what he needs to do.

"Wait I got it."

If the weaker demon cant climb tree then I'll just sleep in one for the night, as for the stronger demon, if one does appear then I'll most probably get those weird flashes and rush in my head when one gets close.

"It should work for the night, but I will admit that floor to the tree is definitely an upgrade as far as sleeping goes."

0