apex demon
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kiramaru don't run so far ahead!"

"Huh? Hina we have to hurry and find food before it's too late, we can't go to bed hungry."

"It's fine to be fast to do things but remember not to go too fast, you might get hurt!"

"I'll be more careful! I'm not worried though!"

"Why's that?"

"I know you'll be here for me, and I'll always be here for you!"

"Aaah you're too cute to be my brother!"

"Ehhhh! Stop teasing me."

""Hahaha""

"Huh, tears?"

Just a dream huh.

Kiramaru opened his eyes to the running tears on the side of his face and the thick layer of fog that surrounded him. As well as the moist morning dew that acted as a cover to not only him but the surface of everything within sight.

"I'm all wet now... Well then!"

Whish Stomp

As soon as his feet touched the ground he froze in position.

"I think I just forgot I can make fire from my body...Well, that takes care of one problem but-"

Grumble Grumble

...I am pretty hungry too. Come to think of it I didn't even eat the whole of yesterday.

"Hina...Hhmm don't worry, I get the message!"

Well looking at it now, there's no real food growing here other than mushrooms on the trees.

Kiramaru crouched in front of the growth of purple mushrooms growing on the tree he used as a resting place. The larger ones would pulsate frequently while the smaller ones seemed to be half dead.

"...I think I'll pass. These bigger ones seem to be feeding off the smaller ones, I don't wanna think what they would do to me from inside."

I'll just look elsewhere, but for now, I'll focus on warming up.

Sitting down on the floor with his eyes closed, he began making flames around his body which instantly dried him.

The dull black flames surrounding his body radiated around every inch and continuously ran over his body.

"Heh, It seems like a waste using flames to heat my body. What if I just use the heat itself then?"

Kiramaru closed his eyes and began concentrating intensely.

Ok, so all I need is the heat, not the flame. So I just need to imagine the feeling and then add some mana and...

The flowing black and grey colors shrunk smaller until it was only a shadow-like outline running over his body, like a layer of skin made of heat.

"Yes, I did it!! I feel warm, this will definitely be useful in the future."

Alright then I'm good to go, lets find some food!

After wandering forward, he ran into a few demons but didn't struggle at all. Each one was slayed with ease, It seemed that his skills were slightly improving over time.

Wait, the old man of that village said this forest was where they gathered food and resources. So where is it all, after entering the fog I haven't seen any vegetation or animals?

Wait that's not true... But I think I'll pass on the parasitic mushrooms.

"Hmmm, what's- I hear water. It's a ravine! Which means fish."

Sprinting full force towards the sound of running water his vision began shaking a bit, In the corner of his eye he could see the face of someone that looked familiar.

"Huh, who are y-"

Did I imagine that kid? He looked real though. I need this food bad, I'm starting to see things now as well.

Grumble Grumble

"Uuuugggh! I'm too hungry for that right now... It's really hurting, Is it because I was fighting all this time."

NO, thinking back on it now it's cause I'm a deity. I heal faster therefore I use a lot more of my stamina, I'm stronger and I need to eat more.

Hovering over the flowing water like a predator with fresh-caught prey he raised his hand ready to dig in.

"Well, it's a good thing I found this then haha-"

Laying in front of him was the flowing water carrying the lifeless corpses of fish, but each seemed to have a light shade of purple primarily around the stomach.

What is this? The fish are all dead.

"Uuuggh! Is this some sick karma of mine, it seems things are getting worse as time goes on."

The water smells weird as well, It's similar to these fish. Were these poisoned, but by what then?

Who else could be here though? It would have to be somewhat intelligent and why poison the water?

"The forest?"

It has to be. The mushrooms earlier also, they were like nothing I've seen before. They were poisoning themselves...This water is the poison and if everything feeds off the water then even if I eat anything in this place, It might kill me.

"Which means I got to get out of here, I doubt I'll be able to defend myself against the weaker demon if my strengths dropped."

Kiramaru paced forward heading onwards to look for what he needs to do to get out of the forest and get rid of the fog.

Hours passed by but the only thing he found was a demon that continuously attacked after seeing him.

"These guys...How do they have so much energy, haven't they been in here longer than me."

Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble

As time passed he would go from walking straight to a side step that was mostly just collapsing each time. He struggled to keep his body functioning until he couldn't move forward.

Using a tree to keep him upright he noticed his breath showing in front of him.

I must be more out of it than I thought...No I can't be weak now, I guess I was slacking on the heat from my hunger. I should warm myself up and-.

"That's it, I might survive after all."

Kiramaru focused on the mana flowing through him and concentrated a portion into his lungs, muscles, and organs.

Can't I just fill myself up with mana? Ko said anything can be done with mana after all."

Focus...Focus on your hunger, no the whole body, and take away the fatigue.

"It's a bit hard but I think I got it down. It's not as good as the real thing but it's a quick fix for now."

It's amazing how it can solve all my problems, I wonder what other functions I could change with mana. Maybe even getting stronger faster is possible with some changes to the flow in my body.

I can think about this after I get out, it seems I have another victim approaching. These heightened senses make it fairly easy to keep track of where it's approaching from but it's moving really fast.

From the trees ahead of Kiramaru a racing blur shot out the collection of branches and leaves and launched a large blade directly towards him.

"Woah! That was close, even though I saw it coming it nearly got me. He's definitely faster than me, and that power he has might be troublesome too."

Attached to the blade was the long arm that seemed to stretch out as far as the blade could be thrown.

Standing in the trees above him was the demon, covered in tattered clothes and pearly white skin. Its red eyes and large fangs showed how this creature became the Apex predator of the forest.

The battle had only just begun but the demon was already covered in blood from previous encounters.

"Oi! You just going to stand there or are should I bring this fight up to you?"

"Graaaaaaaa!!"

woosh

Kiramaru reached for his wooden blades tied to his waist but by the time he drew them he was face to face with the beast he had called out to.

Thump

"Hyaaak!!"

Kiramaru was sent flying back by the bare fist of the demon which hit as hard as a mallet.

"You could give Mr.Moto a run for his running when it comes to those hits-"

"Gyyaaaaaa!!"

Swoosh Swoosh Swoosh Scratch

He actually go me? That's a pretty deep scratch too...No more messing around.

"Get away!"

Boom Boosh

The fire quickly surrounded Kiramarus's body and went flying forward toward the repelled demon lighting him on fire and leading to it panicking.

"You don't like the flames huh?"

Kiramaru raised his hand and sent a barrage of flame burst in the direction of the demon, giving it no chance to escape or even retaliate.

"It seems I learned a new trick."

Even so, I can't let my guard down, I can't let this thing get the chance to move around again. Even with my agility and strength, it will overpower me.

"Grrrah!"

Black flames began shooting to either side and moving closer. The barrages of black flames were being hit back by large blades, morphed from the hand of the demon.

As it stepped forward its attacks increased in speed and started pushing back the ariel assault.

"Smart, I guess those flames weren't intense enough for this guy. It seems to be a strategy or a lucky move that it will now cling to. Either way, it's going to escape soon if this keeps up."

I doubt these weapons would work, it would probably break on impact.

"Let's try this then."

Kiramaru stepped back and released his flurry of black flames, as the demon launched toward him the ground beneath it burst with dark black flames.


While the demon was disorientated it franticly looked around for the missing enemy. Kiramaru appeared behind the beast with his weapon in position and sent his wooden sword through the demon's back and straight out the chest.

"Hyaaaaa!!"

Following the sword through the gaping hole in its chest Kiramaru planted his fist inside the wound and his hand was covered by the regenerating flesh around it.

"Arrggh..."

"Don't worry it will be over soon, your overwhelming strength will be your own downfall."

The center of the demon's chest began bubbling as it panicked in distress, flinging its claws and blades around.

The trees around the were being torn up and ground smashed by the destructive blades morphed by the demon hands and from its body that were going rampant.

Its whole body shined by a black shine that swelled up to its whole body until it burst. Flames covered the area of the forest over the fallen trees and destroyed the landscape.

"That battle taught me a lot, thank you."

0