20: After Dinner!
1.1k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having an absolute blast at the lavish dinner, Erina stumbled back to her room, guiding the 4 others after stuffing herself with 5 slices of cake. Being supported by Yuiko, Erina muttered, “I feel so nauseous… I shouldn’t have eaten all that cake… it was so good though~!”

“I feel like you’ve just brought this on yourself, Erina,” Yuiko sighed in resignation, rubbing Erina’s back. “I’ll get the others up to speed on our earlier conversation while you sit on a beanbag chair or something. Take your time to get over your cake-induced nausea.”

Pausing for a second, Yuiko added, “You’ll probably do the exact same thing tomorrow, so get lots of rest today!”

“You have so little faith in me!” Erina exclaimed in mock indignation, opening the door to let everyone into her room, “You’re right, though… cake is just too good.”

“We all don’t have that much faith in you, Erina… not going to lie,” Krystina chuckled, helping Yuiko lower Erina onto the beanbag chair. “We all know the power cake has over you~! But it’s just one of the little things about you~ I will admit cake is amazing~!”

Lying spread-eagled on her bean bag chair, Erina took some deep breaths to get over her nausea. All the while half-listening to Yuiko informing the other three of their earlier conversation. Staring at the ceiling pattern for a while, Erina propped herself up to join the conversation.

“I feel alive again!” Erina exclaimed, pulling her bean bag chair into the circle of bean bag chairs, “So… where has Yuiko explained up to for you guys?”

“Well, Yuiko finished explaining your part quite quickly, Krystina explained making some small hand motions, "seeing as your memory is quite foggy from the incident. So there isn’t much else to explain.”

“However, I did come up with a separate idea,” Hiroshi continued, “I’m thinking how about we fill each other in on what happened. We did split up at one point after all. What do you all think?”

Falling into silence for a few moments, Erina piped up, “I don’t mind. I practically don’t remember anything, and it might be important that we pool our knowledge.”

“I see no problem with that,” Vladimir agreed, stroking his chin, “Although it is all bad memories for us.”

“I don’t either,” Krystina agreed, before looking at Yuiko, “How about you, Yuiko?”

“Mn, yeah, I think it’d be smart,” Yuiko nodded, fidgeting with one of her bracelets, “I guess I can start.”

“I’ll just start with the part we were all together and you all can add stuff I guess as we go?” Yuiko asked, continuing after seeing the nods of assent from the others. “At first we didn’t think there was anything amiss with those people… I think we agree on that? Erina stopping her eating after drinking the off-smelling water I think really opened our eyes.”

“After Erina seemed poisoned, Krystina and I carried her off to a nearby cave where she could recuperate with the clear water and medicine we had stored there. From there, we were all split up,” Yuiko murmured, motioning for Krystina to continue the story, “You want to explain the part where we were split from the boys?”

“Sure, sounds like a plan,” Krystina agreed, clearing her throat, “Firstly though, to add to why we went to the cave was because we didn’t think that those two people knew about its existence. Plus, I originally told Hiro and Vlad to meet up with us after a while to get away from those people.”

Nodding in new enlightenment, Yuiko stroked her chin in wonderment, having gotten a new piece of information. 

“Once Yuiko and I arrived at the cave, we had set down the now feverish Erina before hearing footsteps rustle around just outside the entrance,” Krystina explained, pausing once more to gather her thoughts before continuing, “This was when the woman, of the two people we met previously, walked into the cave, holding 8 daggers, one between each finger. With her grinning madly, from ear to ear with a wild look, we realized that we had been followed…”

“It was also obvious that we couldn’t fight her head-on, as each dagger was coated in a layer of light, signifying some low-level magic,” Krystina sighed, twisting one of her rings, “I’m glad we learned that from Rinte, because of that, we only had the intention of slowing her down from the start.”

Jumping in, seeing Krystina’s discomfort, Yuiko continued, “So we managed to deflect her bullet speed daggers, which luckily, were aimed at killing us, not towards Erina, which makes sense from all her mutterings.”

“Mutterings? What were her mutterings?” Hiroshi asked with a pensive look, “They might clear some things up because the man chasing us was also muttering some things.”

“No problem, the woman was muttering, ‘Master demands the abnormal one, the one radiating the color of two. No hurting the needed one, others to be extinguished’, which was pretty creepy considering that’s what she was muttering on loop,” Yuiko muttered with a slight glare, “Continuing on though, at this point we sent the message to you two, Vlad and Hiro, to go get the adults to come help.”

“Aha, I see how the stories interweave then… at this point we had already begun running for help, but that’s interesting to know,” Vladimir murmured, “That’s good how it played out then I guess…”

“Yeah,” Erina piped up, staring off into the distance, “It’s… enlightening I guess… to hear how this played out… as the whole time I was just… in a fever dreamland.”

“Mhm,” Yuiko agreed, “At this point, the woman… Let's call her Y. Y pulled out a jagged machete, before coating it with another layer of weak magic. Then began her assault on me and Krystina.”

“I was disabled almost immediately…” Krystina muttered with a frustrated expression, “The strategy I made collapsed like a house of cards… then a machete stab through the leg from Y just put me out of the fight.”

Nodding, Yuiko agreed, “I tried my best to just hold off Y and protect Erina, but in the end, I took a nasty slash from the machete from my shoulder down to… what’s it called? I’m not sure, but I’ll call it the wing bone.”

“That’s a lot…” Erina murmured, now knowing the events that had transpired around her during that time, “I only really remember Yuiko taking a slash right above me and her blood splattering everywhere…”

 Wincing at the gruesome image, Hiroshi sighed, stretching out on the bean bag chair, “Well our story is also pretty long… so might as well get started.”

Waooo... things are heating up aren't theyyyy~
I'm just trying to finish up this little mini-arc thing before my break ends... Orz... so second book on the backburner a little bit~
Character developmentttttt let's gooo yeyyyy
I hope you all are staying safe and taking care~!
(and aren't these AN's short?! hehe~)
And I hope everyone has a great happy new year~!!!! it's the last day of 2020~ what a year it's been~
and i just realized... for some people it might even already beee the new year... so Happy new year people~!!! I wish a good 2021 for you~
(maybe this AN isn't that short... Orz)

39