54: Lesson Continued~
432 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the double doors into air conditioned heaven, the sleek doors sliding aside with a smooth quiet whirr to let them pass, Erina and Blizzard walked by the front desk, waving at the receptionist before making their way into the maze of hallways. Walking through the sleek hallways, their path illuminated by a line of light along the ceiling and floor, Erina and Blizzard continued their small talk as they navigated towards Blizzard’s chosen destination. 

Closing the door with a click, Blizzard followed Erina, settling down onto the couch across from Erina. 

With a glance at the clock, Blizzard explained, “So getting back on topic, let’s finish up what we were talking about before. After that, we can continue on and see what you know spell wise~”

“So from what you said earlier, that’s about the full extent of what you know magic system-wise, right?” Blizzard asked, leaning back into the couch, getting herself into a comfortable position. 

“Pretty much…” Erina answered with a nod, her words trailing off near the end, “I used to know more but kinda forgot a lot of it…”

Laughing, Blizzard sat up and asked, brushing some of her hair to the side that had fallen out of place, “I’m assuming Rinte tutored you as a child?”

Adjusting her sitting position while flattening out her clothes, Erina replied, a smile breaking out on her face, “Yeah! Rinte, do you know her? She started teaching here this year!”

“Do I know her? Of course I do!” Blizzard chuckled, rocking back and forth in place from her laughter, “You know, both your parents, Natsuki and I, were all tutored by Rinte! So I can understand you forgetting things, I myself didn’t pay attention at all in the first place so I never learned magic stuff really until highschool.”

Choking on her own saliva in shock, Erina fell into a coughing fit, speaking between her coughs, “I didn’t know that… b-but impressive you’re still this good at magic!”

Reaching for a nearby cup and casting a spell to let some water pour from her finger, Blizzard carefully poured the water in before handing the cup to Erina to drink. Waiting for Erina to stop coughing, Blizzard scowled as her hair kept falling out of place, time after time, no matter how she put it back into place. 

With a scowl towards the invisible demon she decided was messing with her hair, Blizzard, making sure Erina was looking away, used her hand to brush her hair back into place before freezing it into place. 

“Piss off you invisible hair messing demon…” 

As Erina recovered from her coughing fit, clutching her side from soreness, she looked asking, “Hey Blizzard, before we move on, why is your hair slightly whitish in that area on the side? I know you’re not old enough to have white hair after all.”

“Ahh, don’t worry about it, it’s just my hair looks kinda sparkly whitish under the light sometimes, you know?” Blizzard answered with a confident expression giving no hints of her blatant lying. Before then nodding and clapping her hands a few times, “Let’s move on though! Don’t want to waste too much time now!”

A little skeptical of Blizzard’s answer, but deciding to believe her, Erina nodded, “So I was just mentioning how I don’t really know much else about the magic system because I kind of forgot most of it after also not really listening a ton…” 

“Don’t worry, don’t worry!” Blizzard grinned, crossing her legs to get comfortable, “As my student, it’s my obligation as your new teacher to drill it into you!”

“To be honest, you got most of it, but there’s still a few smaller things, and then we’ll just have to get it to a point where you can remember it off the top of your head!” Blizzard explained, leaning in a little closer, “So overall the things you missed that I haven’t explained would be hand gestures, the specifics of parallel and silent casting, pronunciation, and the effects of aptitude.”

Getting back into her teaching mindset, Blizzard began, “With gestures, you all are taught the small hand gestures needed to cast the basic spells you work with right now. And at your level, gestures don’t matter much, throughout this training place thingy, that I should know the name of but I don’t even though I work here, you won’t learn spells high enough level to a point where they really matter either! But! They still matter! A lot!”

Chuckling at Erina’s perplexed expression, Blizzard explained, “Gestures help reinforce your casting, making it just a tad bit stronger, while if you’re not super experienced with a spell, it’ll help you cast it in general. You know, don’t want those spells blowing up in your face now, it’s the most embarrassing thing that can happen to a magician! It’s the equivalent of playing basketball and having your ankles broken, or doing a music recital and blanking out on a song!”

“Well I'd say the music one is worse though…” Blizzard murmured with a light tap to her chin, grinning at the multitude of expressions Erina was cycling through. 

“Anyway!” Blizzard cheered, with a bright tone, “I’ll go into the specifics of parallel and silent casting in a bit, because it’d make more sense to talk about pronunciation right now. So pronunciation is what I’d say adjacent to hand gestures.”

“Pronunciation, like hand gestures, brings along with it, small benefits that can make the difference really in a critical situation! Important stuff! Pronunciation, however, brings with it, different benefits you could say.”

“Pronunciation does slightly help you cast spells better, you know, being more consistent with a routine and stuff. Mostly though, it just adds smoothness to your spell, helping you cast it a little faster and with less energy, meaning you can cast more spells without passing out, quite important I’d say. This is all in comparison to not chanting but having the same experience level with the spell of course.”

With a wide smile, dispelling all of her little pictures in the air she made with ice, Blizzard asked, “You got that so far? No need to remember everything, just some of the broader strokes, we’ll be reviewing over and over!”

“I… I think I got it,” Erina nodded, counting out a few of the key points on her fingers under her breath, “Pretty sure I got the bigger bits down pretty well, the details might be a little sketchy though.”

Her laughter ringing out like a bell, clear like water falling, Blizzard grinned, her eyes turning to crescents, her hands a faint silver-blue hue, “Alrighty then! I’m really getting into this! I forgot how fun training youngsters was! So, continuing on to the big topic, parallel and silent casting! Tons of people wonder this, and never find out, it’s some guarded information after all~!”

Heyyyy

sorry for the superblyyy late chapter...

kinda had it written like a week or two ago to be honest... butttt i'm kinda afraid of comments sooo i just procrastinate on scheduling...

Thanks for reading thoughh!! I hope you can stick by meee

no clue when the next chapter is gonna be out lmaoo... it's finals week yayyy

though... procrastinating on studying for finals to write... woahh, who knows who knows

17