Chapter 1 – Adjusting
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why does it have to be Minecraft? Out of all the worlds that could have been selected it had to be Minecraft? Star Trek would have been nice. Every citizen has, at the very least, food which is always a win no matter how you look at it.

So why have I been, quiet literally, dumped in some random world with the bloody Minecraft system. What complete and utter wanker decided to choose me of all people to live out their sick little power trip. Granted I had it coming by tempting fate like that, but come on.

All around me is just endless grass and oak trees. If it wasn't for the fact that I can see some birds that most definitely aren't in Minecraft I would assume I had just been placed in the exact same world. Although I will admit that the peaceful Minecraft music really does take the edge off.

Getting up off the solid floor, which I had been not so elegantly splayed across, I wonder up to the possible oak tree. I am no tree expert, if there is such a thing, but it looks like an oak tree so I will assume it is an oak tree.

“Would have been nice to keep the HUD, but noooo apparently I am not good enough for the HUD.”

Reeling back my right arm I throw a punch at the log and wince expecting some of pain. Instead I was met with a solid sound and no pain at all. Either my hands are as tough as metal or the game mechanics have ported over enough that my body interacts with the world like it would in the game.

Once again, I reel back my fist and punch the sturdy tree, however, this time I quickly follow it up with my left fist and I repeat this action over until I see the breaking animation start to occur. It takes me roughly 5 seconds to punch down this tree. Unlike in the game though the whole tree above the broken log collapses. Which promptly fell onto the tree behind and knocked over that tree which started a landscaping domino affect. Observations were of course limited by the fact I was trying not to have a heart attack when I was startled by the sheer amount off noise it makes at that close a distance.

We have two possible reasons for why the whole tree might have toppled. Either my ability only affects the world to a certain extent then the world catches up and fills in the rest with real logic or and I say this or with every ounce of hope, we have mods. One thing that is certain is that my body isn't normal, no one can through that many punches that quickly and at full strength without being even slightly out of breath. Infinite stamina is a possibility, but considering I can see a food bar next to my health bar it seems unlikely.

Mods would be a blessing right about now. In fact, I'd go as far too say that mods would make this damned situation worth it. Imagine the ability to make Tech so advanced that the modern era looks like a caveman bashing two rocks together or use the mystics and accomplish feats impossible to man.

First, I need to figure out why only one log appeared in my hot bar. With a new pep in my step I walk, read manly skip, over to the fallen trees. When they don't automatically collect themselves I panic ever so slightly. Using my right hand, I place my palm across one of the fallen trees. Immediately I hear the classic pick up affect and my Oak Logs go from 1x to 6x.

“Now that's what I am fucking talking about.”

I spent the next minute or two just walking around collecting the fallen trees, leaving me with a hefty 60 logs. Hefty implies that they were in fact heavy when in reality I felt none of the weight in the slightest. Guess it has to do with the whole space manipulation that an inventory would be?

Speaking of which, how do I open my inventory? Where is my E button game? Maybe if I speak it out loud? Nope, I just look like a fool in front of the birds. Maybe I just need to grab it out of the air. Surprisingly, that did nothing either. In a show of frustration I bring my hands up to my temples and start rubbing, which is of course when the inventory decides to appear.

With a sigh I tap my temple again and watch it disappear. What kind of fucking nonsense is that? Then again when does a floating inventory screen make sense? Resigning myself to my new and stupid life I bring up my inventory to start experimenting.

At the top of the screen is a picture of a young man with black hair and grey eyes wearing what must be the brightest orange pumpkin hoodie I have ever seen. Is that me? Looking down I am immediately assaulted by the hoodie that is basically a lighthouse in fabric. At least the jeans are a nice and normal black. How did I not notice the sun of a jumper before, you might ask and I will tell you the simplest answer I can think of, the first time I saw it I went blind to it and have only just readjusted back.

Looking back up I notice the inventory screen has stayed in the same place which means that it doesn't follow my line of sight. Raising my hand I grab a hold of the screen and manage to move it around and even manipulate its size. Well that will come in handy.

Below the image of my glorious self, there are a total of 27 slots excluding the armour slots and the hot bar. Touching the Oak Logs I drag them over to one of the vacant slots like you would in the game. How do I split them? After many gestures I figure out that pretending to tear a piece of paper while holding the item splits them in half and a simple double tap will take a single item from the stack.

Once again, pretending my hand is a cursor I move them over to the 2x2 grid next to my person and craft myself 16x Oak Planks. While I am interacting with the integrated crafting system I notice a cog in the top right of the screen. Oh please lord, let this be a settings menu.

A hopeful tap later and I am greeted with a simple settings list. Despite the simplicity of the menu it can't be more valuable in my eyes.

>Music <On>

>Graphics <Good>

>HUD <Simple>

>Inventory <Simple>

With gleeful eyes I quickly turn the HUD up to advanced, unlocking a mini-map in the top right of my screen. Advanced inventory unlocks a recipe menu on the right hand corner. Page after page of craft able items appear and I feel my knees buckle at the sheer amount off possibilities. Then with shaking fingers I turn my graphics from Good to Ultra and I promptly black out.

2