Age Zero – Circumstances of one’s birth
262 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
Note: This series is begin rewritten : https://www.scribblehub.com/series/293632/erden--rewrite/

The sun was shining down on a mansion residence owned by the Loeth House. Two maids could be seen flitting in and out of a room carrying water basins and towels. Moments later, the cries of a newborn child began to echo along the usually silent halls.

Inside the room, a woman was lying on a bed with a newborn baby in her arms. Although her long blonde hair was disheveled and her skin looked haggard, the sight of her showering her newborn with an affectionate gaze painted a picturesque scene.

Surrounding the woman's bed was her husband and her two sons. All three shared the same distinct ashen grey hair as the baby in her arms but bore pupils colored with a shade of gold, different from the baby's icy blue.

"His eyes look a lot like mother's."

The younger of her two sons was being carried by her husband and was watching her newborn struggle to open his eyes.

"Father, why was he was crying earlier?” Her older son, his chin just barely reaching the top of the bed, asked a curious question. “ You told me younger brother wasn't like that when he was born."

"It's fine son.” Her husband answered, placing a free hand on her older son's shoulder. “That should be considered quite normal for a baby."

"Normal? What is normal?" Her younger son had a puzzled look.

"That just means that the two of you older brothers will have to work hard to protect this little one." While supporting her baby's head with one hand, she smiled and reached out her other hand to pat the heads of the two children.

"The little one won't be able to take on much responsibility." Her husband said softly, as he came closer to the bed and looked at their newborn son with a bit of regret.

"That's alright, at least he won't have to be exposed to danger.” She replied, her tender gaze resting upon the child in her arms, “I just want my dear little Urie to live happily."

***

A few months later—

At a different house, pale-red moonlight was peeking through the blinds of a small room. A woman was inside lying inclined on a bed, crying while embracing her newborn child, trying her best to give it warmth.

Although the child's body was cold, it was still breathing.

A man with red hair came closer to the bed. He had just finished giving instructions to a couple of people outside of the room and approached to reassure her.

"It's fine dear, there were no apparent problems with her health." He said.

He came closer and placed her in his embrace, the strength of his hold conveying his concern over her well-being as well as their daughter's.

"But she's not getting any warmer, and she hasn't cried at all! Children are supposed to cry when they are born, Luca!“ She spoke in a frantic manner, her crying unabated.

As she leaned towards her husband's chest, she felt slight movement within her arms, causing her to momentarily pause and look down at her baby.

Her tears— She had been crying for so long that they were about to run out— They had immediately come back stronger.

She heard a sigh of relief escaping from her husband, seeing what it was that was happening.

Her baby was moving its hands in an attempt to wipe her tears that were dripping onto its face.

"She's going to be okay. She's going to be okay." Her husband consoled, holding her in a tighter embrace and caressing the back of her head.

She quickly calmed down and gently wiped a napkin across her child's face.

It was then that she noticed her baby opening its eyes, reflecting the image of her long, light brown hair.

"My beautiful little Celeste, she—she wants to play.”

She felt pleasant surprise as her baby reached to grab a few strands of her hair. She instead brought her index finger closer to meet the baby's small hands.

Feeling the strength of her daughter's grip, she smiled.

Her heart was finally at ease.

 


Hello there! This chapter is just a short introduction to the story, I hope you continue reading and feel free to leave any thoughts in the comments! :D

7