[1] Class Reunion
235 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Lumi's PoV)

I smiled faintly as I watched yet another well dressed duo walk in, hand in hand with the same fake smiles on their faces.

'Not that I'll ever tell them that of course. Who knows how they'll react if they heard me.' I sighed and reached over to a table full of platters and snatched a cookie.

"Lincoln said he'd be a little late so we can start without him." A woman with short hair and a decent figure spoke.

At least twenty people milled around in the room, each wearing elegant clothes as if to one up each other. I didn't even put that much thought into my clothing and just wore casual clothes.

Feeling a small wave of embarrassment rear it's head, I pushed it down and maintained a calm look on my face.

'Just think of serious things... like... I don't even know honestly, how about the reason I'm here?' I asked myself silently.

'After graduating ten years ago, we all promised to meet up again ten years later for a class reunion, and though some people were uncontactable, it didn't stop the rest from linking up.'

My hands seemed to possess a mind of their own as they reached for a glass of fine red wine and lifted it to my mouth.

'This is the reason I'm so fat. Moderation. All things in moderation.' After chanting the mantra several times, I placed the wide glass back on the platter and walked over to the long table that could accommodate up to twenty people.

"Oh my God! Isaac is here! I thought he wasn't coming because I reached out to him and he didn't answer!" Hearing the lady, the other ladies started to squeal and reminisce about their one time crush.

'Damn, Isaac came too? Well I guess this is a good thing, I haven't seen him in a few years.' Despite not being great friends, Isaac kept in contact with me, something I found odd to this very day.

The doors opened and a man wearing a causal outfit walked in, however everyone's eyes widened when a woman walked in behind him.

She was simply to beautiful. However, I could tell from the glances Isaac sent her, that she wasn't his woman. 

Instead of staying together, she immediately walked off and looked around, ignoring everyone's gazes.

"Sorry, she's my boss. She wanted to attend because she wanted to meet some of you guys." Isaac said, his eyes following the woman's round butt as she walked.

The woman seemed to be content with observing as she simply sat to the side and drank wine elegantly from a glass.

I sighed as I watched Isaac not in my direction, but he didn't bother to head over, and instead walked towards the crowd.

'Well, at least there's a beauty I can look at that doesn't immediately despise me, or maybe she does...' I looked down at my wrinkled suit and sighed.

I hadn't kept up with my exercises and instead grew a bit of a belly. Of course, it was barely noticeable.

'Wait, Isaac works for the Evergreen Corporation, so his boss is probably a manager in the company. Not that it has anything to do with me, I'm happy with my current job.'

Having done some technical studies and learned the trade, electronics and how to fix them was and is my dream job.

I didn't need to be rich, I just wanted enough to support myself and to have a bit of fun. Of course, being rich wouldn't be bad either.

The doors opened and the room fell silent. A man with blond hair and green eyes smiling faintly walked into the room followed by two muscular men in black.

"I'm here. I got caught up... in traffic." Lincoln said as he picked a wine glass off the table and drank it while glancing around at everyone.

When his gaze landed on the woman, his eyes widened for a moment before returning to normal, but desire was evident in his gaze.

Growing up without a family or friends, it was up to me to read everyone's intentions and to exploit that to my benefit, and though I wasn't proud of it, I was a good manipulator.

"Hello, its nice to meet you miss?" Wasting no time, Lincoln walked over to the breathtakingly beautiful woman and offered his hand.

"My name is Hana Marshall. It's a pleasure." Hana said, her voice sounding soothing to the ears, however she didn't shake Lincoln's hand.

Taking his hand back with a slightly narrowed eyes, he turned and headed to his classmates, the two men following behind his every move.

Soon the lady, Esmeralda if I wasn't mistaken called for everyone and then confirmed that everyone had arrived, bar those that didn't respond or were simply gone.

When Esmeralda called my name, I saw Lincoln turn and look at me, a ferocious grin appearing on his face for a moment.

'He's still the same eve after all these years? This time, I won't just take it because his dad is the principal.' Having been bullied by him and his gang back then, he couldn't tell anyone because Lincoln was the principal's son, who dared to punish him?

After everyone sat at the table, guests included, platters were carried around by waiters who appeared and vanished like magic.

Well not really, but they were quick and efficient at what they did. Half way through the meal, Lincoln smiled in my direction and spoke.

"It's good to see you again Lumi, it really is. I wonder how you're doing these days?" He asked in a nonchalant tone, however he stressed doing with a mocking smirk on his face.

"I'm doing quite well. I work for a small electronic repair company." Hearing his question, I smiled faintly and spoke.

"Oh? If you need a job, I'd be more than happy to oblige, I'm sure the University could use another cleaner."

Hearing Lincoln, several of my former classmates stifled laughter as they sent derisive glances in my direction.

Maintaining a calm exterior, I looked around and saw most of my classmates looking over, however none tried to help.

"No thanks." Two simple words made everyone watching blink in confusion. To them, it wasn't much of a question, and were surprised by my blunt rejection.

"You!" Unable to say more, Lincoln pointed across the table with an expression of pure rage as he shook slightly.

"Lumi! Lincoln was just trying to help! Why would you turn him down? Do you think he actually favors you or something?" A girl said in a sharp tone.

"Oh." I said in a disinterested voice. I had enough of Lincoln and his pretenses, however I couldn't afford to break the status quo yet.

I pushed against the table, sending my chair scraping against the floor as I stood up and walked to the door.

"See you guys later, or maybe not." With those parting words, I pulled the door closed behind me, but oddly enough, the woman Isaac brought in... Hana was watching me with a calm face.

"Whatever. I'll head back home and wait for this clusterfuck to be over." I didn't even care that their were others who could hear me as I took the elevator to the first floor.

 

7