Chapter 235
379 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now, welcome back everyone! ” in the student duel ring, the referee was still Professor Barnes. The difference between this time and last time, was that there were floating chairs, benches, sofas and even carpets in the air with students and faculty on them watching over the student duel ring, and there were members of the school administration watching the duel along with other audience members: “Thank you very much for your patience! Today, before we start, let me we have three distinguished guests among us - let me proudly pronounce them: Professor Randall Collins, headmaster of the Anderson House, and Professor Dorothea Clarkson, headmistress of the Martin House, and Mr. Tamil Brooke, here as the representative of the academy board!”

 

Professor Dorothea Clarkson was the beautiful sorceress wearing a red robe with white stripes on it standing on an invisible platform near the duel ring; Professor Randall Collins was the wizard wearing some kind of clothing that seemed to be a combination of a suit and a wizard robe. Both of them waved at the audience as the audience cheered at them.

 

“Now, all of you should know me already, my name is Professor Barnes, headmaster of Hellbruck House, here at your referee and announcer.” Professor Barnes slowly walked through the center of the duel ring, “Now, without further adieu, let’s see who will be facing off next!”

 

There were only four more silver balls in the metal cage, and before long, two more metal balls fell from the cage.

 

“Our next face-off is… Aimee Chaver versus Robert Hendricks!”

 

“Boooooo!” this time the majority of the audience were not happy with the face-off pairing, and waves of boos and curses exploded from the audience.

 

“Silence!” Professor Barnes shouted with a stern tone, and a ring of shockwave burst from where he stood, instantly silencing the booing audience: “The chances are decided at random, and we are all bound by the rules of the student duel. The challenged party chose random face-off, and randomly chosen opponents both parties will face. No dispute is going to be admitted. Ms. Chaver and Mr. Hendricks, please be ready.”

 

Robert Hendricks flew onto the ring wearing a suit of dark red leather armor and holding a red crystal ball in his right hand. While Aimee came onto the ring with two shining silver scimitars in her hands and one silver hand crossbow hanging by her leg.

 

Professor Barnes skimmed at the silver scimitars and hand crossbow, then he subtly turned around to give Jason a thumb up.

 

“Are you ready for your defeat?” Robert Hendricks started trash talking when standing 

 

“Alright, on my mark! Three… two… 

 

“... ONE!”

 

When Professor Barnes’ countdown was done, Aimee immediately lunged forward wielding her two silver scimitars, one scimitar swinging from up high aiming at Robert Hendricks’ head, and the other swinging horizontally, aiming at Robert Hendricks’ waist.

 

As the two scimitars cut through the air, small traces of light blue magical energy concentrated on the edge of the scimitars, coating the blade in a very thin layer of ice.

 

Last time when Taylor Jensen faced off against Thomas, he was taken down by a quick and sudden attack using two civilian weapons. So this time, Robert Hendricks came more prepared - the moment the fight started, he spared no time to guard himself per the coachings of Professor Dorothea Clarkson, by conjuring a thin fire shield using a simple but instant spell.

 

“Poof!” when Aimee’s scimitars collided with the thin fire shield, the two silver energy construct blades simply sliced through the shield like a piece of cardboard paper. The thin fire shield did not even last for one second before it was struck to four pieces and scattered into the air into tiny sparks.

 

Though prepared to see this kind of result, Robert Hendricks was still shocked that the shield was broken so easily. And in a moment of rush and haste, he waved his crystal ball in front of him and unleashed a wave of scorching flame.

 

Aimee slammed her right feet against the ground, and just like someone with the training of kung fu, she was able to swiftly move to the side and was only barely touched by the edge of the wave of fire, with parts of her clothes charred.

 

With her body in a slightly lower position, Aimee spun her body and delivered a sweeping kick against Robert Hendricks’ ankles. Robert Hendricks seemed way too inexperienced to deal with close combat martial arts moves like this, and he was thus swept down on the ground.

 

“Now!” Aimee roared and swung her scimitar in her right at Robert Hendricks’ chest. 

 

The dark red leather lit up in red light, a sudden force pushed Robert Hendricks away, and Aimee’s scimitar cut into the ground, with almost the whole blade sunken in. Aimee tried to pull the scimitar out, but she had to jump to the side then back off because of an incoming fireball and a spinning wind blade.

 

Aimee retrieved the hand crossbow from her back and pulled the trigger, a short silver bolt with a piece of ice embedded in the head of the bolt.

 

Not able to conjure another fire shield, Robert Hendricks tried to block the bolt using his red crystal ball. And when the tip of the bolt clashed into the crystal ball, a fiery shockwave erupted, knocking the silver bolt to the side and sending Aimee in the air.

 

The piece of ice in the head of the bolt exploded shortly after impact, releasing dozens of sharp ice shards in all directions. They would have caused Robert Hendricks a lot of trouble, if not for the fiery shockwave melting and evaporating them in midair.

 

“Rain of Fire and wind blades, now.” Professor Dorothea Clarkson’s voice resounded in Robert Hendricks’ ears.

 

Robert Hendricks was barely able to stabilize his position, and when he heard his mentor’s voice, he raised the red crystal ball in the air and infused it with his magical power without a moment of hesitation.

 

The red crystal ball lit up once again, and hundreds of shrapnels of fire rained down from the sky, covering a large area right in front of Robert Hendricks. And with a small delay, he extended his left hand forward and shot three wind blades at Aimee’s direction, just to cover any angles in which she might escape.

 

Aimee tried to get away from the area targeted by this attack, but the area was way too big for her to get away with such a small time window. What made the situation worse, was some of the shrapnels seemed to have the ability to target her specifically and changed their course while still falling. And with three wind blades advancing on her position, she had practically no chance of getting out of these attacks. It was not long before the protective shield was auto-triggered and Aimee was sent safely outside the duel ring.

5