Chapter 269
337 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Pei, I’ve got a hostile with no ID.” Vivian reported to Pei: “He seemed to be some kind of spy, but no forms of any noticeable identification. He off-ed himself when I got to him so there’s practically nothing I can ID him with.”

 

“Don’t worry about him then.” Pei was panting, as she tried her hardest to maintain the broken array, which was draining her power at an alarming pace.

 

Nameless dived back into the inside of the array, he was not familiar with the dark flame, but he did recognize what it was after observing it for a short while.

 

“Everyone back off, do not get close to the flames!” Nameless’ voice was slightly trembling, showing a hint of fear that almost no one from the Division had ever heard from him: “All personnel, if you are not actively engaging enemies, recite the scriptures of Demon Suppression Sutra after me - Namo, I hereby offer my life and soul to the blessings.”

 

“Namo, I hereby offer my life and soul to the blessings.”

 

“And submit myself to the teachings and guidance of Tathagata.”

 

“And submit myself to the teachings and guidance of Tathagata.”

 

As the chant went on and more people joined in, the invisible wall of energy at the edge of the array was expanded, and its cleansing power got strengthened. The creatures and monsters of malice, while not under the attack of the energy droplets, were further pushed back and crushed under the weight. 

 

This invisible wall of energy also showed some level of resilience against the dark flames - as it spread across the entire area, consuming almost everything including rocks and bricks from the hospital building and dirt and contaminated grass growing on the area around the building, even the creatures and monsters of malice, but they were still not able to spread beyond the edge of the array. Sweat could be seen on the faces of the virtuous monks, as they were still affected by the heat radiated from the flames, but they were not directly harmed, at least not yet.

 

“So it was finally revealed.” the dark dragon adjusted its position in the sky, diverting most of its attention to the dark flames on the ground: “And yet, you have absolutely no idea how to deal with it.”

 

Josephine Wong remained her composure while still facing the dark dragon, but anxiety and worry already filled her mind - the committee meeting for an emergency plea of access to secret information she called for responded at a very inopportune time. Though she was able to maneuver her way out of the bureaucratic meeting with granted permission, she could not manage to get a hold of Jianmen, which was a sign that he was in somewhere where the space and time was heavily disconnected from the current world.

 

“And I don’t think you can handle it either. ” Josephine Wong took a look at the dark flames below: “How did you plan to master it, huh? You wanna use your old trick again? Or you can just face it - you cannot control this, I don’t think anyone in the world can. If left unchecked, this would become a threat even for you and your kin. Extinguish it here with us, and you’ll be doing yourself and your kind a favor.”

 

The dark dragon let out a low growl, but it did not do anything.

 

“Just as I thought.” Josephine Wong felt a minute sense of relief that this dark dragon seemed to be hesitant to act, or at least act against her and the operation. Then she dived towards the ground with her hands making several hand seals in preparation for a spell.

 

A gentle buzz resounded in Josephine Wong’s ears - it was due the energy waves released by the synchronized chanting of all the monks and the Division agents led by Nameless. Josephine Wong took the energy waves into account and adjusted her spell, then she pushed both her hands downwards.

 

Light purple energy shockwave shot from above, two palm-shaped craters appeared on the ground, countless creatures and monsters of malice were instantly crushed and pulverized. The energy Then, the dark purple orb floated before Josephine Wong’s eyes, and she extended both her hands in claw forms at the orb.

 

A small sword with the length of Josephine Wong’s hand made of purple energy appeared in front of the dark purple orb, and started spinning along the direction of the blade.

Just when Josephine Wong was about to fire the small purple energy sword at the hospital building, the entire building collapsed - first is the West Wing from which the dark flames came, then the North Wing, from which the creatures and monsters of malice poured out.

 

A dark pit made of energy appeared where the West Wing of the hospital once stood, and Josephine Wong could clearly see that those dark flames were coming from the pit.

 

“Pei, Nameless, Blue, Robinson, Simmons, Vivian, Alexander.” Josephine Wong called out to all members of her team: “Be ready to attack the thing that comes out of the pit.”

 

“Understood, Ms. Wong.” Pei backed off from the array and put a round white pill with cloud patterns into her mouth.

 

Nameless opened took a look at Josephine Wong and the pit from afar while still leading the chant of scriptures.

 

The shadow of an arrow made of contained lightning appeared in the sky - this was the doing of Blue.

 

Alexander blasted a few leading insect monsters away with a loud roar, then he started running towards the array, his whole body transforming into that of a wolfly beast with silver and brown fur in the process.

 

Vivian’s whole body lit up in a dark red color, and without almost anybody noticing, she was already right at the edge of the array.

 

A tornado with sharp pieces of ice flying along with the violent currents inside appeared in the air. It carried significant destructive power inside, but it was still maintained in its place with its energy contained. This was the work of Simmons and Robinson.

 

Then, something came out of the pit, it was not some huge scary monster, but a completely naked man, with an unsettling smile on his face, and a third eye on its forehead.

7