Chapter 320
279 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Just outside of the room, Camile Jensen was not in a calm state either - right after she closed the door to the room and locked it using her librarian’s key from the outside, she started freaking out and pacing in front of the door.

 

There’s no way for her to shut up these four students inside for long enough - the room was equipped with a powerful energy and shock absorbent array that was able to withstand very heavy impacts from the inside, sure, but they would be able to get out after a few hours, because by design there was a limited amount of time the door would keep being locked. In order to keep the door locked, those who rented this room needed to use the official library seal to keep the doors locked. If they did not, or to be more precisely, were not able to do so,  the door would be forcefully open, and even the librarian's key would have to wait for the door to completely open to close it again.

 

After pacing for a few dozen rounds, Camile Jensen picked up her phone and called someone - it was a number she memorized but did not store in her phone in any way, not even a call record.

 

“What do you want? What happened to radio silence before your extraction?” a man answered the call with a stone cold hoarse voice.

 

“I’m gonna need an earlier extraction, I need it as soon as possible. Preferably within 4 hours.” Camile Jensen said.

 

“That’s not possible, your contract is signed and done, your itinerary is set. We cannot change it for you.”

 

“Please! I need an earlier extraction, if I’m going to make it at all.”

 

“I fail to see how that’s my problem.”

 

“I will pay double.” Camile Jensen said: “Just get me outta here as soon as possible. All I need, is an earlier extraction within 4 hours. ”

 

“I’m sorry, but I cannot help you.”

 

“Three times! I’ll pay you three times!” Camile Jensen immediately yelled before the man on the other side of the phone: “Plus a piece of my family heirloom - that’s all I have. If you’re not gonna do it, I won’t be able to make it at all, and you won’t get the rest of the payment.”

 

“... you are a librarian at the academy right?” the man went silent for a few seconds, then asked.

 

“Yes.” Camile Jensen let out a nervous exhale: “What - what do you need?”

 

“The red book.” the man said: “THE red book, thick leather cover and the face of a man on the front, I believe you know what I’m talking about.”

 

“The Grimoire of Timothy Durbin. ” Camile Jensen answered with a trembling voice: “How - how did you know?”

 

“Who the hell do you think you’re talking to, young Jensen girl?” the man on the other side of the phone started laughing, the psychotic laughter almost made Camile Jensen drop her phone: “You have two hours, and you’d better figure out how to pass that hole. We won’t have everyone to calm the beasts down for you. So you’d better find a way to stay alive.”

 

“Understood, 2 hours it is. I will be there.” Camile Jensen hung up the phone with shaking hands. Then after sitting on the door for a few minutes, she decided to dial up another number.

 

“Yes?”

 

“We’ve been made, come to the library right now.”

 

-----------------------------------

 

“No one’s picking up!” Aimee almost threw her phone on the ground: “Fuck! What the hell?”

 

“Why not try some other professors?” Jason asked after yet another attack attempt: “Maybe try anyone other than the three Professors?”

 

“We’re not sure if we could trust anyone.” Aimee shook her head: “Like we discussed, we are probably dealing with someone who has some kind of influence in the academy administration, they’re powerful enough to pull off a witch trial against you. So we can’t be sure any other Professors or some other faculty members wouldn’t be in their pocket!”

 

Just this moment, a strange “click” sound came from the metal door, and after a short moment, the door started slowly sliding open.

 

“What the - ” just when Jason and Caroline were about to rush to the gate, they got a good look at all those outside of the metal door - they were three men, all wearing standard robes from the academy in different colors: one in green, one in blue, and one in purple.

 

Before the door could completely open, Jason pointed his spear at the door, some kind of metal gear and construct instantly appeared in the middle of the gap left by the doors and the space behind and around the doors, sealing the space up and stopping the door from continuing to open.

 

“Quick, anyone answered?” Jason’s eyes glowed in silvery light as he was trying to hold the doors as they were and prevent the three men from coming in.

 

“Open the door! Open the door!” the three men started banging on the metal construct with their hand and yelling: “We’re here to help you out!”

 

“No you’re not! Stop fucking lying you fuckers!” Jason yelled and signaled to Caroline, telling her to hide with Aimee and Thomas: “We’re calling someone for help! If you’re smart you’d better leave us alone!”

 

“Boom!” Jason’s metal constructs cracked up from impact - the three men decided to use magic, trying to force their way in.

 

“Okay! Okay! Silence! Professor Barnes answered!” Thomas kept his phone on his left ear using his left shoulder and clapped his hands to gain everyone else’s attention, while looking at the door with concern and worry in his eyes: “Thank god you answered Professor Barnes, this is Thomas, Thomas Chaver, I’ve been trying to reach you! … Okay … Yeah, please come to the library right away, we’re in danger here!”

 

“Boom!” the metal construct was completely broken, but the three men found that behind the door and the metal constructs was a curved stone wall that cut their path into the room completely off, apparently another layer of power construct made by someone inside this room.

6