Chapter 371
228 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fubei Li flicked his fingers and launched the wooden coin at the distant body part of the giant worm. The coin was enclosed inside of an orange and golden energy arrow while shooting through the air. And before the giant worm could defend itself or move out of the way, the orange and golden energy arrow already shifted into a curse and weakened a small spot on its body, and the wooden coin within stuck to the surface of its skin.

 

The mimicked green energy on the wooden coin started releasing energy waves in small bursts into the space around. The giant worm did not know what this meant yet, but the team of Fubei Li, Dave, Xyankor and Perketta all knew full well what those energy bursts meant.

 

“You crazy fuck!” Perketta let out a curse, then unleashed a crescent shaped fog energy blade at one of the gaps between the two sections on the giant worm’s body: “You’re gonna doom us all!”

 

“Oh yeah?” Fubei Li leapt to the side and sent out a symbol to blow up a black tentacle, “Just let you people open the fucking gate! Or we’re doomed anyway!”

 

“Open the fucking gate! Tell them to open the fucking gate!” Dave spun with two grey energy swords in his hands, blasting several black tentacles around him into smithereens, then the next moment he threw the two energy blades out at the worm’s head, attempting to attack its inside from the mouth.

 

The giant worm’s mouth, which had already opened to the width of its body, opened up even wider like an elastic rubber tube and exposed the wretched insides with layers of teeth, sticky membranes and sinew. Then the next moment, countless tiny flesh colored tentacles made of conjoining sections burst out from its mouth. On the tips of each of the tentacles was a mouth, not that dissimilar to the mouth of the giant worm. And as these little tentacles came out flapping around in the air, all the sections in the tentacles lit up, from the ones closer to the inside of the worm’s body, to the ones near the tips.

 

“Hide!” Xyankor’s eyes widened as he yelled, and the next moment, thin but concentrated beams of bright energy shot out from the tentacle tips, just like how it was when the worm shot beams of energy from its mouth. The difference here was that the thin beams of energy shot out from the tips of tentacles had the colors red, orange, yellow as well as the rest of the colors one could see from a rainbow.

 

Xyankor, Dave, Perketta had to dodge and conjure up energy shields of their own, and Dave was considerate enough to cover Fubei Li with his energy shield. Fubei Li, on the other hand, took out another wooden coin and launched it into the space above, placing it on the skin of the worm once again.

 

“Boom boom boom ...” the thin beams of energy might look weaker than the bigger beam unleashed by the worm head, but their energy density appeared to be just as much, if not higher. Even powered up Dave had to push himself harder than he ever had since the start of the fight to maintain his energy shield in order to block them fully.

 

“Mr. Yu, are you okay? Did your coins work?” Dave looked at the cracks on his energy shield with worry in his eyes: “I’m afraid I can’t hold for much longer.”

 

“I practically broadcast it as hard as I could. If my mimicry of the energy signature is good enough, it should just work as an amplified curse mark.” Fubei Li took out another coin: “I have juice for another coin or two, but that’s about it, if they still won’t work, we have to back off.”

 

“We need to fall back!” Xyankor said: “The gate’s not opening! We need to fall back! Otherwise we won’t make it to the Fog Dweller’s realm, or worse!”

 

“They’re coming!” Perketta looked up into the depths of the space behind the giant worm, and reacted in terror: “Fubei Li! What the fuck did you do!”

 

A spinning pale green energy vortex appeared at the far side of the space beyond the land on which the team of four stood. And before long hundreds of mouth creatures made of pale green energy came out from the center of the vortex and started swarming towards the giant worm.

 

As Fubei Li watched closer and more attentatively, he found out that many of the mouth creatures that came out of the pale green vortex actually ended up not making it out at all - the tides and waves of energy of space and time that were constantly crashing against the vortex also delivered heavy shocks and blows to the mouth creatures, many of which were not able to withstand the attacks at all.

 

The giant worm seemed infuriated and in fear at the same time when it sensed the presence of the mouth creatures. It adjusted its position in space, then it did a swift shrink-and-bloat move, shooting a lot of its black hairs from the gaps on its body out at the mouth creatures. And at the same time, it turned the tentacles from its mouth against the incoming mouth creatures, and unleashed its energy beam attacks at the mouth creatures.

 

The mouth creatures, on the other hand, were particularly fierce and ferocious due to the presence of the coins with green “curse marks” on them attached to the worm creature’s body. Though the attacks from the black tentacles and beams of energy tore many of them apart, they fought on like a pack of fearless wolves. The death of the mouth creatures in turn placed even more legitimate curse marks on the worm creature, which seemed to have aggravated the mouth creatures even more. And with every bite from the mouth creatures, small fragments of energy were torn away like some kind of translucent string cheese.

 

And after a few seconds, the spinning gate connected to the barely hanging ground that was a part of the “bridge”, finally opened up from the middle, and a string of seven creatures whose bodies were made of fog and cloud rushed out from behind the gate and to Perketta’s side.

 

“Perketta, you’re finally here.” a fog creature that looked like a talking praying mantis took a look at the giant worm and said to Perketta: “Our realm is under attack! And we need all the help we can get, come!”

 

“Attacked?” Dave asked as he followed the other Fog Dwellers into the gate: “Who dared attack you and your realm?”

 


Shoutouts to my patrons:

ab,

mant06,

Jonathan

Thank you very much!

4