Chapter 379
212 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the first wave of arrows struck, the pale grey two headed corporeal monster let out a cry that closely resembled the cries of human infants, only without any hint of cuteness and brought out a chilly feeling from the bottom of Fubei Li’s heart.

 

“Boom!” this time, the two heads of the monster each let out two shockwaves aimed at two different parts of the protective energy shield, which had already cracked in several places. Under the impact of the two shockwaves, the cracks expanded some more, and Fubei Li could sense that the shield had started to lose its power to self-heal and regenerate.

 

The short wooden sword covered with a thin layer of rock and infused with Fubei Li’s Xuanli struck right on the space between the two necks on the monster’s body, and three stream of energy shot out from the end of its handle, causing it to plunge harder into the monster’s flesh while spinning around the central axis to increase the damage that it could do. The two headed monster screamed and cried again, and its writhing and turning in pain just exposed more parts of its body to attacks. A lot of the Fog Dwellers as well as Xyankor and Dave launched yet another wave of attack, and more of the monster’s light purple blood was spilled into the air.

 

“One more volley! One more!” Perketta yelled while raising her six bows in the air again and placed six black arrows with a dark metallic shine on their heads and shafts.

 

The two headed monster turned its back on the mountain top on which Fubei Li and the team were standing, and it revealed the tail end of its body. And Fubei Li instantly noticed the long spiky bone tail protruding from a gaping hole on its back, and within just the blink of an eye, the long bone tail cracked like a very long whip and struck the shaken and crumbling protective energy shield.

 

The energy shield was shattered and released a high pitched voice that even hurt Fubei Li’s eardrums, pieces of energy shards from the protective shield flew out along with countless bone spikes and fragments from the monster’s tail, which took out many huge chunks of the mountain, as well as many of the Fog Dwellers standing on the top.

 

“Boom boom boom!” the mountaintop lost almost half of its flattened ground on top along with the Fog Dwellers standing on them. Dave raised a grey and shiny curved energy shield that buried deep inside of the earth below, and he held onto Fubei Li with one hand while supporting the energy shield with the other. When blasted by the energy shards and the bone spikes and fragments, Dave couldn’t help but be pushed back step by step and eventually fall off the mountaintop.

 

“Careful!” Fubei Li extended his hand at the fog and mist below, and a patch of cloud formed below and floated up towards them and caught them in the air like a cushion: “Thanks for blocking those hits, are you okay?”

 

“Yeah - yeah, mostly.” Dave looked up, and he saw that Xyankor was hanging by the edge of the mountain: “Xyankor’s there - can you help him up?”

 

“What? Can’t you fly?” Fubei Li ripped a small piece of cloud from the cloud on which he and Dave were standing and threw it at Xyankor. The small piece of cloud turned to a small and thin platform under Xyankor’s feet, and with which Xyankor was able to go back on the mountaintop.

 

“Flying here costs more energy than fighting, feels like some kind of anti-air energy field at play.” Dave said as Fubei Li raised the cloud up and he readied himself to fight again: “This is how the Fog Dwellers slow down the movements of those creatures. ”

 

“Hmm, I don’t feel it at all.” Fubei Li took a few falling rocks from the higher parts of the mountain, examined them and merged them in his hand into a long javelin: “I think it works only on you and other voidborns and elementals.”

 

“Makes sense.” Dave held up an energy shield again, and he conjured another grey and shiny energy blade in his hand: “It could be because it affects our bodies, or it could have to do with the kind of energy we used, your Xuanli - it’s a different kind of energy right?”

 

“It’s only slightly different, not that much different. ” Fubei Li took out his clay jar and took another big gulp from it, then he stepped onto the broken mountain top right beside the heavily damaged defensive magic tower: “I think we’ve gotta shut down that portal-vortex, anyone knows how to do that?”

 

Perketta was injured in the previous attack, she lost a leg and two arms and all four of her wings, and she was crawling towards the position of Dave and Fubei Li.

 

“We’ve gotta save her.” Fubei Li patted Dave’s shoulder and said: “We’ll definitely need her alive.”

 

Dave nodded and covered for Fubei Li while they rushed towards Perketta. Fubei Li collected many broken pieces of high quality stones along the way. And when they reached Perketta, Dave’s hand lit up from a rough healing spell.

 

“Can you talk?” Fubei Li asked Perketta, as he merged some of the rocks into hollow needles: “Tell me about the energy flow in your body, so I can seal them and prevent your further loss. Dave here will try to heal you with his Depth Dweller spell to heal you, but the nature of your power, your energy and your beings are quite different, so you’ve gotta help us help you.”

 

“Follow the glow.” Perketta’s voice was weak and wheezing like that of a sick human, and then some internal parts of her body lit up in a pale light - they were somewhat similar to blood vessels and meridians inside of a human body, only made of fog energy.

 

“Thanks.” Fubei Li wiped off the sweat from his forehead, and within just a short moment, nine hollow needles were cast onto Perketta’s body, with Fubei Li’s Xuanli flowing inside of Perketta’s body through the hollowed center.

 

Dave’s energy condensed into a drop of grey liquid, and with a snap of his fingers, the drop was split into many droplets, some fell onto Perketta’s open wounds, and some flew towards the hollow needles made by Fubei Li.

 

“Careful!” while Dave was focused on controlling the energy droplets, a pale green creature flew past the other Fog Dwellers and tried to bite down on Dave’s shoulder, Fubei Li dished out a powerful finger strike with a sharp piece of rock between his middle and index fingers.

 

The sharp piece of rock shot out while spinning like a saw blade and tore through the body of this creature trying to sneak up on Dave. The creature was decimated and its body fell down the mountain while screaming and moaning with a familiar voice.

 

A pale green energy wave exploded from the creature's body, and Fubei Li found that a pale green mark appeared on his chest.

 

“Motherfu - ”

3