Chapter 381
224 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the centerpiece of the coin was destroyed by the energy fields and waves from the other side of the portal at the center of the energy vortex, the splinter dust from it started burning in the air right outside the portal. Due to the fine granularity of the dust, all of it burnt in almost one single moment, and the remnant of Fubei Li’s Xuanli erupted into a small energy shockwave.

 

This was but a small shockwave, yet it still created a disturbance in the energy vortex, which caused the already unstable vortex to shake and generate some very powerful turbulence flows within its range. The exit of the portal started flickering and shifting in size, and thus, many creatures of the gaps attempting to cross over to this realm of the Fog Dwellers were impacted by this change, and were either severely wounded or killed instantly.

 

“Aim at the portal! Now!” Fubei Li fell to the ground, exhausted, while still calling out to Perketta, Dave and Xyankor.

 

“Command your tower to aim at the portal, I will hold them off for the moment!” Dave said to Perketta, then pe picked up the piece of floating cloud created by Fubei Li and “parked” by the edge of the mountain and pushed it up to the sky. When the piece of cloud reached to a point half the height of the magical tower, he leapt onto it and concentrated his power onto the two swords in both his hands. The two swords grew immensely in size, to the length of almost the combined height of two adult humans.

 

“Fuck!” Perketta cursed in her own Fog Dweller language, then she turned to the base of the tower and tapped on a symbol, which lit up when came into contact with Perketta and her fingers: “Aim at the vortex! Aim at the vortex to disrupt the portal! Do it right now!”

 

When Dave swung his energy swords in the air, one could hardly see the blades and their trajectories as their figures were nothing but moving shadows and blur. Crescent shaped energy blades shot out in swarms and waves from his position, and countless creatures of the gaps were sliced into pieces as a result. “Xyankor! Defend the tower with me!”

 

Xyankor nodde and stepped to the front of the magical tower, he also conjured two extra long energy swords from his hands and started launching energy blades into the air at the incoming creatures, attempting to push them back while making time for the tower to divert its attack at the vortex.

 

A light grey and concentrated energy beam shot from the top of the magical defence tower, aimed right at the vortex. A giant creature that was shaped like a piece of translucent green glowing broccoli with squid-like tentacles that had just come out of the portal was thus impaled and completely penetrated by the energy beam.

 

The chaotic and crushing energy fields around and inside of the vortex wore the energy beam down by quite a bit, and eventually broke the energy beam off into several smaller beams. This caused another round of disruption in the vortex, and the portal was once again disturbed into a chaotic state.

 

“Gah!” Dave gasped and had to back off from the piece of cloud on which he was standing and stop with his attack and retrieve into the shelter of the magical tower, due to his overexhausting his energy. A long and slender anglerfish with eyes of different sizes scattered all over its head, whose body was made of green and red orange energy swam over and opened its wide jaws at Dave, revealing its long, sharp teeths with forked spikes on them like antlers.

 

“Away with you!” Perketta rushed to Dave’s side and struck forward at the anglerfish with both her fists. The powerful hits from those two fists created a crater on the face of the anglerfish with their impact and ended up tearing the entire fish head apart. The slender anglerfish with many eyes on its head let out a grumbling moan, fell to the side and almost slid off the edge of the mountaintop. Xyankor rushed to their side after fending off a crab whose claws were made of liquid fire. And with one slash from his energy blade, he sliced the multi-eyed anglerfish’s belly open and pushed it off the edge.

 

The magical tower opened fire once again at the vortex, right before two eels made of electric energy with horns on their heads and spikes on their tails wrapped their long bodies around them. Another defense tower at a distance behind fired a beam of energy at the vortex as well.

 

The two energy beams were again worn off by a great deal and broke off when they got close to the vortex. This just proved to be what the Fog Dwellers needed to tip the scale in their favor - even at the expense of one magical defense tower under the attack of the two horned eels made of electric energy, and a lot of casualties due to lack of coverage and support from the two towers with the attacks diverted at the vortex. The portal at the center of the vortex finally collapsed. The collapse of the portal kicked off a domino effect, which in turn caused the entire energy vortex to implode against its center. Then, after just a few seconds, the center exploded and released a massive shockwave.

 

The shockwave blew through the mountain on which Fubei Li and the team stood, and already heavily damaged, the entire mountain crumbled and fell into almost complete ruin.

3