Chapter 458
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thomas! Go!” the flames shrouding Caroline’s body burned brighter as she turned to Thomas and said: “Keep calling them and find backup!”

 

“Okay! But...” Thomas stood up once again and was about to cast another spell at the wolf with dark purple fur, yet when the spell completed he found that he had lost his target - the wolf was gone from where she was.

 

A whimpering sound came from behind Thomas all of a sudden, when Thomas looked back, he found that Caroline was standing behind him facing left, while the wolf with dark purple fur was lying on the ground with a dislocated jaw and a long cut on its left front leg, panting and choking up blood.

 

The wolf with silvery white fur howled, then charged at both Thomas and Caroline. Caroline moved to the front of Thomas with a string of after images behind her and charged at the charging wolf head on with a rapidly intensifying wall of wind around her. And since Thomas was watching from behind, he noticed the three bright flames that were floating above Caroline’s two shoulders and her head - those were the mythical “three lanterns” of a human body, and their manifestation could only mean that the person with whom they were attached was pushing their power to the very limit.

 

“Boom!” at the very last moment, Caroline stomped on the ground and shifted her position to the side, the blade on her gauntlet swung up as she spun in midair and sliced through the wolf’s right front leg, before she launched a powerful kick against the wolf’s waist.

 

“Die!” Caroline yelled when the wolf with silvery white fur tumbled on the ground and lunged towards this very lycan who rid her of her right arm with her gauntlet held up high and the blade on her gauntlet lit up. The wolf tried to raise her left front leg to defend herself but the blade still sliced through her defences and sunk into her chest.

 

“Stop!” before Caroline could plunge the blade through the wolf’s heart, she heard a female voice coming from the side. When she looked back, she found a woman with purple hair had her claw on Thomas’ neck: “Stop! Or I’ll twist your friend’s neck.”

 

“Finish it, Caroline, don’t worry about me!” Thomas said.

 

“SHE is my friend, and I’ll tear this pitiful amateur apart right in front of you.” the woman with dark purple hair clenched her claw tighter and dug her claws at Thomas’ waist deeper: “Let her go now!”

 

Caroline grunted and sighed, then slowly pulled away from the wolf with silvery white fur, now without both of her front claws and one eye burnt into a bloody hole.

 

“Caroline, I don’t think she’s gonna honor her word.” Thomas said: “Just do it!”

 

“Stop!” the woman with dark purple fur clenched tighter: “Remove your weapon! Let her go now!”

 

Caroline lowered her left arm, and the gauntlet fell from her hand. But the moment the gauntlet touched the ground, the wolf with silvery white fur sprung up from the ground and opened her jaw, aiming at Caroline’s head.

 

Thomas grabbed onto the claw of the woman behind her and dragged it across his neck, just like someone would do if they were slitting their own throat.

 

“Poof!” a light purple energy bubble appeared around Thomas’ body and pushed the woman with dark purple hair away from him. Then the purple bubble turned into a small portal the instant it saved Thomas from his sacrificial move, and teleported him away from the battlefield.

 

Caroline instantly lowered her body and evaded the bite attack from the wolf with silvery white fur, the gauntlet flew up and attached itself on her left hand just at the right moment. Before either of the wolves could react, Caroline sprung back with her left fist up and her entire body shrouded by a fiery tornado. This full-forced uppercut using a gauntlet with a blade proved to be a gross overkill for even the giant muscular wolf who just swallowed Caroline’s right arm - the blade cut into the wolf’s neck and the momentum of its edge was only barely stifled by the wolf’s neck bone, and then the entire fist bashed into the wolf’s neck, delivering a powerful blunt attack to the target’s neck and lower jaw.

 

“Boom! Crack!” the body of the wolf with silvery white fur flew in the air with a giant chunk missing where her neck and head were supposed to be.

 

“Nooo!” the woman with dark purple fur screamed and turned into her wolf form. The ground below her feet shook as she launched herself at Caroline in a desperate attempt to get back at Caroline. She was pushing her speed above her normal limit, and in her mind, with this kind of speed, her target with only one arm now should never be able to catch up to her.

 

But she was wrong, when her tail flip aiming at Caroline’s head reached her target, all it hit was an afterimage. And before she could adjust her position in the air, she felt a burning fist in her stomach.

 

A small crater appeared on the ground when Caroline bashed the wolf with dark purple fur into the ground. If not for Caroline retreating much of her force as well as the blade on her gauntlet with the attack, what would be lying on the floor now would be only half a wolf.

 

“Tell me about the deals you are making regarding the blood, and I will spare your life.” Caroline said while panting.

 

“You are in no position to ask that.” someone appeared behind Caroline and said in a low male voice.

 

When Caroline turned around, all she saw was that a giant wolf with blood red patterns on its fur was lunging at her with its mouth wide open.

4