Chapter 534
131 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this point, there was nothing any of them could do but follow the shadow into the bright golden portal shaped like a tall ivory gate. As a matter of caution, they all had their emergency escape artifact ready, just in case this shadow was not friendly.

 

When they came through the gate-shaped portal, Fubei Li immediately recognized what lay in front of them - Xyn’s temple, or, a place that had a great deal of resemblance to Xyn’s temple. This place had the exact same general layout as Xyn’s temple and the plaza outside, and it had a floating temple at exactly the same location as Xyn’s underground temple. Being an avatar of Jianmen, Fubei Li had a lot of the knowledge Jianmen had, though at times not the latest findings. And at this very moment, he had a sudden feeling that it would be beneficial for him and the entire team of four if he had a “sync” of knowledge with Jianmen, and so he did.

 

Fubei Li’s power of mind and will concentrated and extended into the vast space and void, like slim, winding and long tentacles or moving threads, his power of mind and will connected with Jianmen’s in a completely different plane of space, and a small orb of orange and golden shine shot through the interior of the tentacles from the position of Jianmen and towards the position of Fubei Li.

 

In just a matter of a few minutes, a piece of knowledge and theory from Jianmen was pushed to Fubei Li, just when he was about to walk on a flight of floating stairs towards the floating temple, following the team and the shadow in front of them.

 

“What happened?” Dave noticed that Fubei Li just had a brief moment of silence and slight disorientation, so he came over and asked: “Are you okay?”

 

“Nothing, nothing, just had a big information dump.” Fubei Li grabbed onto Dave’s shoulder to remain on his feet and responded with a grateful smile: “Thank you. But I’ll feel better soon.”

 

“Yeah, hopefully we’re all gonna feel better in a minute.” Perketta said.

 

The sound of stones and metal moving came when the shadow floated into the stone walls of the floating temple. The walls did not appear to have any kind of entrance or exit from the outside, but when the shadow went into them, the walls opened up, and a giant hall appeared behind the entrance.

 

The hall was wide and high, from the looks of it, it seemed to Fubei Li that this entire temple only had this very one room. It had several pillars at the corners, and just like the underground temple of Xyn, they had relief sculptures of different monsters/creatures on them. There was a giant throne at one end of the hall, and the ceiling of the room was a dome with arcane paintings on it.

 

A ball of light was floating above the throne, and when the team of four came into the hall, the ball of light expanded in size and changed in shape, and gradually manifested into the shape of a beautiful woman in a long silky dress, with four eyes on her face, four arms, a head of long, golden and wavy hair.

 

“Welcome, my visitors.” the four-eyed woman opened her arms at them as a gesture of welcome, and in front of them, four stone tables rose from the ground, a stone cup and a stone bowl appeared on each of them, and then in just a few moments, fruits and berries of different sizes and colors appeared in the stone bowl and some kind of light green liquid appeared in the stone cup: “You are the first ever visitors to this realm and to this place. Please forgive me for bringing you here unannounced, into my very own temple.”

 

“So, I guess that’s how you found us.” Fubei Li picked up the stone cup and took a gentle sip: “This is very sweet … and bubbly! This reminds me of that famous gamer drink - what’s it called? Hills ...”

 

“Wait, I don’t understand what you just said. How did we get noticed? What do you mean?” Xyankor asked.

 

“She’s Xyn, or, at least, an avatar of Xyn.” Fubei Li said while he picked some fruits from the stone bowl and put them in his mouth - the sweet and fresh fruits seemed to possessed some healing power, which would be quite useful for him because his body was still healing from the wounds it suffered from the battle against the invasion of the creatures of the gaps: “And I have some dealings and contracts with Xyn, and it seems that my agreement with Xyn has left a mark on me which can be picked up by his avatars. Quite a sneaky trick he pulled, I’m impressed.”

 

“Exactly. Thank you.” the woman with four eyes smiled: “You can’t survive a Godfall without a few tricks in the arsenal.”

 

Dave and Xyankor was sitting down, and when they heard the acknowledgement of Fubei Li’s inference of the woman’s identity, they immediately stood up and bowed down on the floor towards her. “It’s an honor to meet you. Glorious, just and loving Creator.”

 

Perketta was just eating the fruit when this happened, and was flustered by what happened - Fubei Li was sitting and facing the woman calmly with a smile, while Dave and Xyankor were bowing. After a quick moment of thought, she jumped from her seat and bowed towards the woman as well.

 

“Get up. It’s okay, you’re the guest here.” the woman said with a gentle voice.

 

“Thank you, creator.” Perketta, Dave and Xyankor went back to their seats while Fubei Li finished his drink.

 

“Speaking of Creator.” Fubei Li put down his stone cup: “Are you the creator Avatar?”

 

“Very astute. I can see now why I chose you as the bearer of such an important covenant.” the woman smiled: “And which one offered you this covenant?”

 

“Judge and Truth Seeker.”

 

“Hah, good, the one I need the most right now.”

5