Chapter 541
155 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What everyone of this team could tell right of the moment, was that this main hall they were now in was definitely once a glorious and luxurious place: the ceiling was high up above, and the chandelier above them was floating at a distance above them, controlled by some enchanted bricks on the walls; and along the walls, there were stairs leading to different entrances and doorways, some of which were simple doorways connected to hallways, and some were obviously stone and metal tablets that were once functioning long-running portals.

 

There were tall and wide hallways connecting to the bigger side halls in front of them and on both sides, from the looks of them, the two side halls on the left and right were there for meetings or leisure, because there were some irreparably damaged tables, sofas and armchairs in them. The side hall in front of them was empty and had nothing but debris in it, and they could see some doors and gates that were broken down. Everywhere they could see, there were cracks, holes and patches of broken or even completely torn down walls, which clearly told them that there was a grave battle that happened here.

 

“Well, I’ve heard it from rumors and whispers amongst various people. But none compared to being here and seeing it for myself.” Lady Marza O’Gul’s eyes flashed in silver light, using her own gift, with the aid of a little convenient spell, she could see the shadows of the battle. She could see more if she wanted, but something told her that probing the history of this place right now would be a foolish choice.

 

“You’ll get a chance to see more of this place once we’re done.” Lucias Vyn took a deep breath: “Let’s set the defences up and head for the vault.”

 

Assistant Professor Vyn took a look around, seemingly trying to figure out which way they should go next. Then after around half a minute, he pointed at one of the doors located at a high up position on the wall in front of them and to the left: “That one should be it.”

 

“Are you not sure?” Lady Marza O’Gul asked.

 

“Things looked different last time when we were here, as you could imagine.” Assistant Professor Vyn shook his head: “But I recognize it now, it’s that one.”

 

Assistant Professor Vyn did find the right door - when the team went through it, they found themselves in a small room with paintings and statues hanging on the wall, just like an art exhibition chamber. There were some magical lights on the wall to provide lighting, and on the innermost wall, there was a giant metallic insignia on the wall, with three shiny gems socketed in three places - one green, one orange and one blue. Assistant Professor Vyn went ahead and took out the gem that was glowing in blue, Lucias Vyn went and took the one glowing in green, and then a completely masked up figure from their team walked forward and picked up the gem that was glowing in orange.

 

Camile Jensen nodded as the metal Helling Family insignia opened up from the center and became the entrance of a dark tunnel. There was only very limited lighting in the tunnel, but the tunnel did seem to grow wider the deeper it went.

 

“Boom! Boom! Boom!” The sound of explosions came from places just outside the inner ward - it seemed that the team of Carol Summers had already breached the defences of the outer ward. It was somewhat expected, because right now the only defences active of this place were the defence array on the outside, which, though pretty effective but could be easily figured out and thus guarded against.

 

As the team of Lucias Vyn and Lady Marza O’Gul walked out of the tunnel, they reached an underground hall shaped like a dome, with murals drawn on the entire dome ceiling, and the ground had a giant map of the entire castle painted all over it. On the spots where the castle’s inner ward was displayed, there were a few dozen red dots blinking and moving; and on another spot where the inner rooms of the castle were depicted, there were a few dozen white spots, one orange, one blue and one green concentrated at one place.

 

Assistant Professor Vyn took out a small metal scepter and raised it up pointing at the ceiling, and after a low chant, the scepter was sucked up towards a hole at the center of the ceiling. “Ching!” the metal scepter fit into the hole perfectly, an energy wave was released from the center of the dome, and everyone in the room could felt that something in the castle itself was activated - which would be the castle’s defence mechanisms.

 

“Boom!” this entire room shook as if it was attacked directly.

 

“What’s that?” Lady Marza O’Gul asked.

 

“We don’t know.” Lucias Vyn exchanged looks with Assistant Professor Vyn and said while shaking her head: “I’ve told you, even we don’t know all the secrets to this castle.”

 

“Boom!” The room just shook once more, and then a giant crack appeared on the dome. Very small traces of dark smoke started seeping in through this crack, and all individuals in the room could instantly feel a slight chilling feeling running down their spine. A hidden stone door appeared just on top of this crack, and it fell down on the ground, cracking into several pieces.

 

“We need to leave.” Assistant Professor Vyn and Lady Marza O’Gul said at the same time.

 

Assistant Professor Vyn extended his hand in one direction, then a metal door appeared on the wall, but this metal door seemed to have endured a lot of damage, with all the tears, punctures and dents on its body.

 

“Where does this lead to? Don’t tell me you’re just picked a door without thinking through.” Lady Marza O’Gul asked impatiently with a raised voice.

 

“This leads to the armory - through which we could get to the vault.” Lucias Vyn answered, with an equally impatient voice.

5