Chapter 545
158 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Deal with them quickly, now!” Carol Summers yelled as she reached into her pocket and took out six dark orbs spinning and rotating in the air. The orbs pulsated pale gray energy waves in unison and as Carol Summers pointed her fingers forward, the orbs released streams of pale gray energy at each other, forming different patterns of energy beams if one was to observe from above, and then with each different pattern, a different spell emerged from the space at the center around which they rotated.

 

One tree closest to Carol Summers grew in height as well as width to around twice as high and five to six times as wide with its branches. Then two of its larger branches swung at Carol Summers just like humans delivering swings using their arms. When the branches swept across the space, the tips of the branches became curved, hardened and sharp just like a real monster’s claw. But before this attack could even get close, two spinning energy blades shot by the orbs of Carol Summers shot over and sliced the branches cleanly off.

 

One other tree with thick barks, only a few thick branches and many tree knots on its barks unleashed a beast-like roar, and in a short instant, all of the knots on its barks turned into eyes of different shapes and colors. Then in the next moment, the eyes glowed up in the same colors of light as the retinas, then beams of light shot out from these eyes at the invasion teams led by Soren Lupei and Carol Summers.

 

“Boom!” “Boom!” “Boom!” The beams of light released by the tree with eyes on its body brought about giant explosions across the swamps, throwing dirt, tar, rocks and broken bodies of humans and lycans into the air. A team of three lycans and two mages rushed to the side of this tree, and one mage unleashed a beam of intense red light at one of the eyes of the eyes of the tree. The beam of red light burnt the eye into a transparent hole on the body of the tree like a powerful laser beam, yet the tree did not even flinch, as it turned two of its eyes on this mage and readied another wave of attack. But the other mage tossed out three red ribbons, these ribbons wrapped around this tree with eyes. 

 

Powerful and dangerous as this tree was, it did not have much defense against this kind of restraining magical artifact - as the ribbons quickly grew wider in width and covered up many eyes on the body of the tree without any hindrance. And when the eyes covered by the ribbons lit up and released beams of light trying to blast open the ribbons, the beams detonated prematurely right after the beams of light left from the eyes. The explosions tore several holes into the tree’s body and twisted its body around, incapacitated it in the process. The three lycans lunged forward at the tree when it was too damaged to unleash any other attack, and with their sharp claws and teeth the tree was torn to shreds just in a matter of seconds.

 

The swamps bubbled, and from the bubbles and tar, many lotus flowers with a disturbing red-purple color and black lotus roots floated to the surface. The petals of the lotus flowers opened up, and started releasing barely visible purple powder into the air, while the black lotus roots pointed at the members of the invasion team and started shooting condensed tar balls at them.

 

One witch in a red robe with golden linings was hit by three tar balls after releasing a pillar of fire incinerating the tree that tried to attack Carol Summers. Her robe provided some guard against the corrosive properties of the tar. But purely due to the impact the tar balls carried, some tar was splashed on the witch's face on the right side. The weird feeling of numbness and a slightly tingling sore immediately caused the witch to be alarmed. She used her face covered in protective magic trying to get a sense of the impact of the tar, and was instantly horrified to find that half her right face was almost completely gone, yet she only felt the tingling sore, no obvious pain and no obvious loss of blood.

 

“Be careful of the flowers from the swamps!” this witch cast a protective and healing spell on her face and yelled.

 

“Boom! Boom!” The four grim reapers appeared once again, and this time, they rushed towards the inner wars and started striking it. This time, the cloud did not release anything at these grim reapers, but instead, a hoarse and groaning howl came from the entrance of the mausoleum as a stream of foul air jetted from it.

 

Carol Summers and Soren Lupei looked at each other, then both rushed to the four grim reapers’ aid. A pale gray beam of energy and a pillar of bright red fire shot at the breach created by the grim reapers at the same time, and the protective energy on the walls faded even more quickly from under the attack of the grim reapers.

 

“Boom!” After the attacks from Carol Summers and Soren Lupei, the four grim reapers unleashed another strikem and right after, one of the grim reapers let out a high pitched scream and dissipated into the air, and the figurine at its center shattered into pieces, this was because the cloaked and masked mage that unleashed it was grabbed by a hand attached to an abnormally long bony arm from behind and was then ripped into several pieces, the body parts turned to dust and cracks in mid air, and no blood was spilled.

 

“Aaaah!” A warrior wearing a suit of dark green armor and a wolf helmet from Carol Summer’s team roared and swung his battle axe into the pale , slim, tall creature with a humanoid body but two long necks and two malformed heads that crawled out from the mausoleum. The body of this creature was tough and its hide was thick, thus even with a full force the battle axe was only able to bite into its target area for a small bit.

 

The slim pale creature with two long necks and two malformed heads turned around and swung his hand at the warrior. The warrior tried to jump out of the way, but a numbness in his limbs caused him to act slower than he expected, and with a loud crack he was bashed into one of the swamps.

 

“The inner wall is breached! Get in!” Soren Lupei’s voice resounded on the battlefield.

4