Chapter 573
99 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What is that?! What the fuck is that!?” Detective Vandez had her gun pointed at the belly of the body: “Is it alive? Is it possessed?”

 

“Possessed, possibly.” Laura Jensen chanted a quick spell in her mind and enchanted Detective Vandez’s gun: “Careful, leave it to us. You go and warn the others, tell them to evacuate the building.”

 

“On it.” Detective Vandez nodded and tried to open the door and get out - but the door wouldn't open.

 

“Fuck, already?” Aimee tried nudging on the door, and she could feel some kind of sticky and rubbery energy had sealed the door shut: “Alright, stand back, I’m gonna cut this open for you.”

 

“You are responsible - my pain, my anguish, my regret, my POWER! You are responsible! And you shall be mine!” The rotten flesh face grew bigger, more detailed and fiercer looking, pulling in and merging more of the body’s internal organs, flesh and even some ribs and other bones in the process.

 

“Why don’t you try, leather face?” Jason’s body glowed in silver light as he pulled back his pen-spear by his right side and readied for a strike, while his left hand conjured a silver tower shield: “I cut your fucking conduit in half, and I will come for you next.”

 

The body screeched from the face in the belly, its head shrunk and got pulled into the chest cavity and dissolved like a pill in warm water. During this process, the body’s arms and legs all grew longer and somehow more muscular like a mutated monster from science fiction movies. The next moment, it leapt from the metal table like a giant ugly four-legged spider, and the nails on its fingers and toes pointing right at Jason.

 

Jason backstepped but pushed his left arm forward, some parts of his silver tower shield turned into three silver energy spears shooting right at the body’s chest and belly. The body’s shoulders and left waist were penetrated by the silver energy spears, while its right foot landed a strike on Jason’s silver tower shield.

 

A deafening scratching sound appeared, the sharp and black nails on the body’s right foot toes left four transparent scratches, if it was able to exert any more force it might just do some damage to Jason’s wrist and arm. But the momentum from the three silver energy spears had pushed it back.

 

The face made of rotten flesh and melted bones at the belly of the body shot out from the abdomen cavity of the body, and just like a snapping turtle head, it curled it’s “neck” and opened its mouth wide trying to bypass the blockade of the tower shield and bite at Jason’s shoulder.

 

Laura Jensen tossed out her spell right at the moment the head shot out of the body’s belly cavity, two thin layers of energy walls connected from the upper part appeared in the air right in front of the head.

 

“Crack! Crack!” The two energy walls were pierced by the head and its neck in just the blink of an eye, and the next instant, an electric shock was delivered through the neck and head from the two energy walls, which caused it to twitch while in midair and its attack to be temporarily stopped.

 

Jason infused his Xuanli into his pen-spear and swung it at the head protruding from the body.

 

“Bang!” A shockwave exploded from the point of impact, both Jason and Laura Jensen got instantly pushed back from their positions while the body rolled on the metal table and onto the corner desk of the room.

 

“Ching!”Aimee’s scimitar left a deep cut on the door, but when she retrieved her weapon and was about to strike again, some dark black goo emerged from the cut and the area around it and formed some kind of filling on it.

 

Laura Jensen’s both hands lit up in different colors, and as she made different hand signs with her hands, energy bolts shot out from them aiming at the body. The body flailed its limbs on the desk, against the wall and in the air, which allowed it to dodge some of the energy bolts while sustaining the damage from others.

 

The head from the body screeched again and a transparent shockwave shot from its mouth and throat. Jason felt a quick blur of his visions, but his mental block activated immediately and enabled him to shake off the attempt by the body trying to pull him into a limbo. The silver energy dome created by Jason earlier made a ringing and buzzing sound, then it cracked up all over the place.

 

Under the influence of the shockwave, Detective Vandez gasped and her whole body twitched. The next second she lost her balance and almost fell to the ground. Aimee felt a sharp headache and sudden dizziness, but she remained conscious and functional to catch the detective before she hit the ground.

 

Jason wielded his pen-spear and wrote the Chinese character of “entrap” in the air, then the character turned into a few dozen tiny energy hooks with chains and shot at the body and wrapped all over its limbs and many body parts. And with its left arm and both of its legs wounded by Laura Jensen’s attacks, it was not able to put up much of a fight against them.

 

“You seem weaker, you scum.” Jason lunged at the chained up body and jabbed his pen-spear at the head from the abdomen. Helping him with his attack, was Laura Jensen with a swiftly chanted binding spell trying to lock the body in its place and suppress its power.

 

The head tried to screech again, but the sharp tip of the pen-spear jammed right into its jaw, and with it a stream of energy flooded right into its throat and small internal body.

 

“Boom!” The body was blown apart from inside into hundreds if not thousands of pieces that splattered all over the room.

 

“Crack!” The door to the room sprung open with several deep cuts and cracks on the handle.

 

“Are you okay? Detective?” Aimee held Detective Vandez in her arms, who was shaking like she was in an extremely cold environment or having a seizure.

 

Laura Jensen rushed to Aimee and Detective Vandez’s side to examine the detective, and just when Jason was about to do the same, he had a tingling feeling that a faint shadow was breezing past him. And without any hesitation, he concentrated his Xuanli and his power of mind and will on his left arm and grabbed at the air in front of him. A silver shadow of a hand and an arm shot from his left hand and grabbed a faint shadow from the air.

 

Sensing that he had really grabbed something, Jason strengthened his grasp with an additional spell cast from his pen-spear in his right hand and turned the silver shadow hand into a bubble with a thick and transparent wall.

 

Inside the silver bubble, Jason was able to see the shadow of a double headed centipede-like creature struggling frantically inside trying to break out. And with the silver energy bubble blocking all influence this shadow could bring to the external world, Detective Vandez’s condition immediately began to improve.

3